What SDK apps currenty work with FW v. 1.3.20 if any?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

I have heard that the new firmware version put back support for SDK developed apps. Then I heard it only partially supports them.

I am interested mostly in POI or Orbit in an app.

Is there any third party app currently available in Alpha, Beta, or to the general public where this feature is working for the P3P?

If there are, do they work correctly and fully with the latest firmware (v 1.3.20)?
Has anyone tried it out yet with one of these apps? I want to know if it actually works from your experience, not a guess, or what has been posted about the new firmware.

If there is no third party app which is currently fully supported by FW v. 1.3.20, is there a developers FW version that I can use that does provide support for these apps like "Ultimate Flight", "Litchi", and others?

And finally, if there is a developers version of the FW that supports SDK, where can I get it, and can I run it on my copter and controller if they are currently running FW version 1.2.6?

This whole FW thing has been very frustrating to me because I wanted to Beta Test several of these apps. I had a problem with my Phantom and was told by support to upgrade my FW and the DJI Pilot app. Turns out it wasn't necessary, because I found what I was doing wrong, but by then I was upgraded, lost my 32 channels of Video Transmission, lost all SDK support, and it was impossible to go back (Which now has been addressed) to earlier FW either the public ones or the then available developers version. So I have been out of the loop and unable to try or test any of these developer's apps.

I am trying not to make the same mistake again. I don't want to upgrade to FW v 1.3.20, if it doesn't fully support SDK. I also don't want to upgrade to any FW version that won't allow me to go back, or to try the developers version with SDK.

I would love to hear from someone who is using a P3P, had FW v. 1.2.6 installed and is now using a different FW and is able to use an app like Ultimate Fiight, or whatever app they have found that can do at least orbit or POI flying. Is there someone like that out there that can walk me through what I need to do to get to that point?

I thank you in advance!!
Bob

2015-8-5
Use props
tomtnt.gmail
lvl.2

United States

litchi works with the new firmware, 1.3.20

i tested follow me and POI.  

The app is still in alpha status..  he wants to wait for full SDK support on the firmware...  there's still some issues with the current firmware and the current SDK...  you could also just run the current developer's firmware and wait for full sdk support on the public firmware. but by then, DJI's app will most likely already support those POI, GS, follow me
2015-8-5
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

I would be happy with just the POI if I could have it working before I leave for Vacation in one month. I am headed to Hawaii and I'm taking the drone. I know all these things will eventually happen, but I want to at least have that POI option to help me get great footage while I am there.

In your opinion, should I upgrade to 1.3.20 or use the developers firmware if I want to use Litchi?

Is there any downside to using the developers FW? Does DJI Pilot operate correctly with that firmware? I am using an Android, so DJI Go is not available to me yet. I don't want to end up not being able to run the regular DJI app.

Also, since you are a user of Litchi, how is that done. Is it stand alone like the pilot app? Does it include all the calibrations, settings, preferences, video feed, telemetry, etc that is in the pilot app, or is it something supplemental that you run along with the pilot app somehow?

Thank you for your input.
2015-8-5
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

Autoflightlogic autopilot 2.0 also Works. IOS
2015-8-5
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

I should have mentioned that I use Android.

Thanks
2015-8-5
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Phantom Menace Posted at 2015-8-6 03:57
I should have mentioned that I use Android.

Thanks

Note that firmware downgrade is now possible  to a minimum of V1.19
2015-8-5
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can use dev firmware 1.1.7 (which really just sits on top of what your using, I believe it just adds full SDK functions).

I use Ultimate Flight on my android tablet, it's still a work in progress, but it works.
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules