STILL (!!) cannot upgrade Mavic Pro from v1.03.0550 firmware
1548 5 2022-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Newkular
lvl.1
United States

I purchased a Mavic Pro years ago. It arrived with v1.03.0550 firmware. The first time I connected with the DJI Go 4 Android app back then, I was prompted to upgrade the firmware. It failed. Over the years, I have tried again and again to upgrade the firmware as new versions came out, but every time it has failed using every approach I could think of. Now, the RC and AC are on very different versions of firmware, and the Android app warns that there are "module inconsistencies" and throws SYS WARNINGS constantly. I have searched these forums and tried everything I have found. It has all failed.

My current situation:
  • The RC can connect to the AC. I can fly the drone, but I don't trust it given all the warnings.
  • RC @ v1.04.0500
  • AC @ v1.03.0550
  • When updating via DJI Assistant 2 from multiple Windows 10 PCs, it fails somewhere around 50-70%, no matter which firmware version I select. Error code is usually 0x020106.
  • When using the DJI Go 4 Android app, it fails at 69% again and again applying v1.04.0500; the error code is 0x64080103. Holding the button in the upper right hand corner to get the list of available versions does not help; I've tried every version there and they all fail at the same point.
  • Occasionally, the DJI Go 4 app alerts about "inconsistent firmware" after a failed update, forces a special update mode, and reflashes the v1.03.0550 firmware on the AC. This seems to work as designed (resetting the device to factory firmware).
  • I have tried the "make sure the REC button is pressed on the RC and that the AC is recording" trick that appears all over these forums, and that changes nothing.

The forums are full of DJI Admins requesting to handle similar problem reports via PMs. Why? If there IS a solution, why not pin it to the top of the forum?! Have DJI actually figured this out yet? I can only assume so, given there are likely thousands of users in the same situation.

Looking forward to a solution so I don't have a $1200USD paperweight on my desk after just a few years of use. And of course, considering this first experience with DJI products, it will certainly be my last if I can't get this sorted. (So, don't think of suggesting I upgrade to the current model; why would I trust it any more?)

2022-7-29
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

Young Grasshopper all roads lead to these freeware products:  DankDroneDownloader.com  http://dankdronedownloader.com/D ... del=wm220&Brand=DJI      and DUMLdoreV3.com which can be downloaded from  https://github.com/features  
With these two products, you can roll back your drone AND its controller to the same firmware edition that does not necessarily need to be the latest version.

Don't waste your time with DJI Assistant2 because it will FORCE you to install the latest 0050 firmware while also installing anti-rollback traps specifically designed to upset your karma and cause gnashing of teeth.  Also, if you feel compelled to pay for a solution by purchasing a license with NoLimitDrones, or Drone Hacks, you will find to your dismay that those 40 euro packages will ONLY install firmware for the drone and NOT for the controller, leaving you with a firmware mismatch that will keep your drone grounded.

Step 1 :  Go to DankDroneDownloader, and select the firmware of your choosing from the menu under Mavic Pro
Step 2 :  Download the firmware of your choice that MUST be the identical version for the drone AND for the controller, then save both into a folder on your desktop computer.
Step 3 : From the github website, download the latest version of freeware DUMLdoreV3 into your computer
Step 4 :  Utilize your newly downloaded copy of DUMLdoreV3 to install the matching firmware version of your choice to BOTH the drone and its controller that you saved from the DnkDroneDownloader website.  The versions MUST match.
Step 5 : Proceed to your drone launch site, fire up the drone, and note that it flies as expected, due to all planets in the known universe being realigned in their respective orbits.

Wax on, wax off.  Wax on, wax off.   

2022-7-31
Use props
Newkular
lvl.1
United States

Muttley7 Posted at 7-31 00:56
Young Grasshopper all roads lead to these freeware products:  DankDroneDownloader.com  http://dankdronedownloader.com/D ... del=wm220&Brand=DJI      and DUMLdoreV3.com which can be downloaded from  https://github.com/features  
With these two products, you can roll back your drone AND its controller to the same firmware edition that does not necessarily need to be the latest version.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. For now, I will wait to hear from the manufacturer of my drone. They have an obligation to help me and other paying customers with this fairly common problem.

P.S. /bump
P.P.S. Someone from DJI weigh in, please?
2022-7-31
Use props
Newkular
lvl.1
United States

/BUMP

Any suggestions, DJI? After many more failed attempts to upgrade using DJI Assistant 2 and DJI Go 4 on Android, my drone is now locked and cannot fly using DJI Go 4. I know there are unsupported ways to unlock the drone, but that's not the point, is it?

What is the SUPPORTED way to upgrade the firmware of my drone? Thanks.
2022-8-1
Use props
Newkular
lvl.1
United States

/BUMP /BUMP

Anyone home to help a paying customer out?
2022-8-2
Use props
majordidge
New
Flight distance : 551 ft
Australia

Hi Newkular,
I have the identical issue. Did you finally get a resolution?
Thanks,
MD.
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules