7043 21 2022-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3dbproductions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1723471 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello.  Putting my new DJI Mini 3 Pro  w/ RC-N1 controller bundle through its paces and I am noticing some weird/unexpected things.  I have the latest firmware and app revision.
Since I am using the RC-N1 controller, I have it attached to my iPhone 8.  When I put the controller into the "N-mode" (normal), the app shows it is in "P-mode".  The other modes:  "C-mode" (cine) and "S-mode" (sport) show the appropriate label in the app.  In the "P-Mode" the controller and drone behave as if it is in the "N-mode".

This seems like a simple bug to me unless I am doing some wrong.  Anybody else see this?

Thanks.
2022-7-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Normal Mode is DJI's new name for what they used to call P Mode (P-GPS).
It's the same thing.
2022-7-29
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

As already mentioned, it used to be called P-GPSon older models, the P standing for Positioning (i believe). It was changed to Normal, perhaps to simplify things for newer pilots.
2022-7-29
Use props
3dbproductions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.  Interesting about the history.  On my Mini 2 with the RC-N1 controller, when the mode switch on the controller is changed between C, N, and S, the DJI Fly App shows it to be consistent:  C, N,  and S mode.  But on the Mini 3 with the RC-N1 controller, when the mode switch on the controller is put to the N position, the DJI Fly App shows it to be P-Mode.  I think that is a bug on the DJI Fly App.
2022-7-29
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Netherlands

3dbproductions Posted at 7-29 20:07
Thanks for the info.  Interesting about the history.  On my Mini 2 with the RC-N1 controller, when the mode switch on the controller is changed between C, N, and S, the DJI Fly App shows it to be consistent:  C, N,  and S mode.  But on the Mini 3 with the RC-N1 controller, when the mode switch on the controller is put to the N position, the DJI Fly App shows it to be P-Mode.  I think that is a bug on the DJI Fly App.

Perhaps someone that is old school did that part of the programming probably just a typo.
2022-7-30
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

2022-7-30
Use props
3dbproductions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DreamWorks Posted at 7-30 08:24
Perhaps someone that is old school did that part of the programming  probably just a typo.

I'm pretty "old school" myself - hence the following old school emoticon. :-).  Regardless, I think the typo really should be fixed in the spirit of consistency.  Should be an easy one I suspect.  DJI, are you making note?  Thanks.
2022-7-30
Use props
3dbproductions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So, not to beat a dead horse, but has anybody noticed if the "P-Mode" shows up on the new DJI RC when paired with the DJI Mini 3 Pro?
2022-7-30
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

3dbproductions Posted at 7-30 12:03
So, not to beat a dead horse, but has anybody noticed if the "P-Mode" shows up on the new DRI RC when paired with the DJI Mini 3 Pro?

I checked mine, the RC says "P-Mode" when you are in normal. I'm very old school so I never noticed..
Looks normal to me. I'm. surprised nobody noticed till now...
2022-7-30
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

3dbproductions Posted at 7-30 12:03
So, not to beat a dead horse, but has anybody noticed if the "P-Mode" shows up on the new DRI RC when paired with the DJI Mini 3 Pro?

Is it supposed to say "normal" ?
2022-7-30
Use props
3dbproductions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-30 14:41
Is it supposed to say "normal" ?

I just acquired an RC controller and paired it with my Mini 3 and the app shows N-Mode when I toggle the controller switch to N.  I believe that the correct label in the app should be consistent with the controllers and say N-Mode.
2022-7-30
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

3dbproductions Posted at 7-30 18:08
I just acquired an RC controller and paired it with my Mini 3 and the app shows N-Mode when I toggle the controller switch to N.  I believe that the correct label in the app should be consistent with the controllers and say N-Mode.

Only when you are viewing flight recordings on the RC does is display "P-Mode"
Not when flying...
2022-7-30
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Netherlands

3dbproductions Posted at 7-30 18:08

Send an email to support@dji.com
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_7FhKv0CgJcqh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65430 ft
Cyprus

It's very annoying to know that I can't change the flashing light to another color at will...I had a mini 2 and there in dji fly there was an option to choose a color at will...I can't understand why the new model doesn't have that option  ... Will it be added in any update..
2022-11-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_7FhKv0CgJcqh Posted at 11-12 10:09
It's very annoying to know that I can't change the flashing light to another color at will...I had a mini 2 and there in dji fly there was an option to choose a color at will...I can't understand why the new model doesn't have that option  ... Will it be added in any update..

No, it will not be added. The color change option is for the LED on the front of the Mini 2. It is a gimick and serves no real purpose. The Mini 3 Pro does not have it.
2022-11-12
Use props
djiuser_2VATPGXLhSl2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25440 ft
Ireland

Payload mode. Means the drone detects an accessory adding weight to the drone, like propellors guards. It automatically reduces the drones range.
2022-11-13
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

djiuser_2VATPGXLhSl2 Posted at 11-13 03:14
Payload mode. Means the drone detects an accessory adding weight to the drone, like propellors guards. It automatically reduces the drones range.

Where can you read about it?
2022-11-13
Use props
djiuser_syXLGmRD8j71
lvl.1

Hungary

DreamWorks Posted at 2022-7-29 18:27
As already mentioned, it used to be called P-GPSon older models, the P standing for Positioning (i believe). It was changed to Normal, perhaps to simplify things for newer pilots.

2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_syXLGmRD8j71
lvl.1

Hungary

DreamWorks Posted at 2022-7-29 18:27

A2AB90C8-BC64-46B5-8E85-EC849E70644F.jpeg
2023-1-28
Use props
BrianMD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15856 ft
United Kingdom

I have the DJI Mini 3 Pro, I have the remote with the screen. My drone is exactly as it was out the box and only now after about a year of use has it started to display P mode on screen when N mode is selected on the controller.
So far, I have not noticed any difference in handling, characteristics or range. However, it's discerning that the mode selected on the controller is not the mode on screen while flying.
Can this be resolved?
4-21 07:21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BrianMD Posted at 4-21 07:21
I have the DJI Mini 3 Pro, I have the remote with the screen. My drone is exactly as it was out the box and only now after about a year of use has it started to display P mode on screen when N mode is selected on the controller.
So far, I have not noticed any difference in handling, characteristics or range. However, it's discerning that the mode selected on the controller is not the mode on screen while flying.
Can this be resolved?

Don't worry about it.
P Mode is N Mode - exactly the same thing.

DJI has alternated between the two names over the years
4-21 14:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BrianMD Posted at 4-21 07:21
I have the DJI Mini 3 Pro, I have the remote with the screen. My drone is exactly as it was out the box and only now after about a year of use has it started to display P mode on screen when N mode is selected on the controller.
So far, I have not noticed any difference in handling, characteristics or range. However, it's discerning that the mode selected on the controller is not the mode on screen while flying.
Can this be resolved?

Hi there. They are the same, just a different flight mode description, which will not affect the actual flight. Rest assured we are actively submitting customer feedback regarding this matter to get this handled by the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.
4-21 20:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules