Photos & Panos not appearing in the App Album after flight
6443 14 2022-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1oOs4niRc5Rx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254928 ft
United Kingdom

After a recent update of my MINI 2, Photos are no longer appearing in the App album as they used to, also Pano & Sphere shots are missing
Only thing which appears in App Album is cached video and sometimes a couple of photos - so have to download them from drone album
Currently on v1.0.5  f/w and  1.6.9 app  - Android
Unfortunatly I udpdated both App and Fw at same time so not sure which caused it
I have tried going back to very old app 1.4.8 which in past was fine for me, but the same problem exists - so looks like its the fw - but we can't go back to an old version - or can we ?

Seen similar reports in FB groups from both Apple and Android users, but not many reports of it here

Trying to raise awarness so DJI can look at a fix
2022-7-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue... Not sure when it started but I have to click the download to app album button while the drone 8s on and connected to get them into the app album.
2022-7-30
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Same here.
2022-7-30
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I also have this issue, also only the first standard  photo taken iis saved to my iPhone album. The rest don’t sync.
2022-7-30
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep.  Same thing here in Savannah, Ga with my Mini 2.  Its really not an issue as I just have to click the immediate download icon in the corner of the pic but why it wont do everything I record and just a couple of things is beyond me...
2022-7-30
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same problem, This worked for me, When you open the app turn the sync slider off and on again, mine seems to be working fine again, even when I reopen the app.
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_kVhRjfkBpxyN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11850 ft
United Kingdom

I think I’m having the same issue, all photos and videos and quickshots appear in the drone album in low res format (basically the sd card, when drone is on and connected) but only videos (no photos or quickshots) also appear in the app album.

Then I thought the whole thing is stupid anyway, because even if the photos did appear in app album after disconnecting from the drone (along with the videos that already do) then there is no way of downloading the full-res images/videos to the phone from the app album, and to do so would mean re-connecting the drone to download the full res ones anyway, am I right? (Mini Se with no quicktransfer here)..

Still though, I want to be able to view my footage when I get home without connecting the drone, and if videos auto-appear in the app album, I don’t know why photos or quickshots don’t.. anyone here have the same thing with quickshots too? That’s weird in itself given it’s a video…

Thanks All
2022-7-31
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
Flight distance : 927277 ft
Italy

Dale 68 Posted at 7-30 23:44
I had the same problem, This worked for me, When you open the app turn the sync slider off and on again, mine seems to be working fine again, even when I reopen the app.

it did not work for me
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_kVhRjfkBpxyN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_kVhRjfkBpxyN Posted at 7-31 13:39
I think I’m having the same issue, all photos and videos and quickshots appear in the drone album in low res format (basically the sd card, when drone is on and connected) but only videos (no photos or quickshots) also appear in the app album.

Then I thought the whole thing is stupid anyway, because even if the photos did appear in app album after disconnecting from the drone (along with the videos that already do) then there is no way of downloading the full-res images/videos to the phone from the app album, and to do so would mean re-connecting the drone to download the full res ones anyway, am I right? (Mini Se with no quicktransfer here)..

Called DJI support today 1st August 2022 and reported, they’ve raised a ticket with their engineers, said they’d email me with an update, will reciprocate anything received here.
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_1oOs4niRc5Rx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for doing that - I would have, but since I use a 'non approved' phone didn't think i would get very far via that route based on what I read here- hence this thread !
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_kVhRjfkBpxyN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update - no update rcvd and issue still present!
2022-8-16
Use props
JerryMK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1198 ft
Netherlands

Same problem here, although little different maybe, my photo's don't show a thumbnail. Only the standard icon is showing.
2022-8-16
Use props
robyvelocity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 772867 ft
Italy

Same problem, and more, a few pictures doesn't save on memory cards, even if they are saved in App (of course in low resolution).
2022-8-17
Use props
stickyboi08
New

Philippines

has this problem been resolved? im having the same issue with my mini 3 pro. after taking videos and photo when i check the album theres no files at all. sometimes there is, sometimes its gone so im confused wether its a bug or problem with sd card. it sucks when this thing happens, all photo/video are gone missing
2023-4-7
Use props
djiuser_1oOs4niRc5Rx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can only speak for mini 2, but not 100% I would say
But I can at least get the majority of photos and videos to transfer now, as follows
At the end the flight - DON'T SWITCH OFF anything
Press "<"  in top left of flight screen
Press "Album" bottom left
Should now see a msg  "Downloading xxx of yyyy"
That will download the images from Aircraft Album to Saved ( i.e on phone)
It will only download the last flights images so if you forget to do it after a flight - you will have to transfer off SD in normal manner
That process works for me most of the time

Currently on App 1.8.0
2023-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules