Rotation control issue during flight
616 8 2022-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RSimpson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1755 ft
United States

My 9 th flight, and after being up for several minutes the drone had very limited slow rotation when using the RC controller joystick.  It rotated only about 10 degrees, and then  would not go any further.  

I was able the bring it back home using a zigzag forward and sideways motions.   Once it landed I power cycled both the drone and controller and it then responded normally.

I did not find any other reports of this type of behavior.

Any thoughts on what happened and if I need to do anything to debug or contact DJI?

Thanks,

Ross
http://Excelsior, MN, USA
2022-7-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi.

if you like upload your flightlog for this issue, use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the upload link on here.

Flightlog might explain waht happend.

cheers
JJB
2022-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ross. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try flying your DJI Mini 3 Pro to a different location to see if the issue will persist and may we please know if you have received any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application when this issue is happening. In addition, may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be bale to isolate the issue. Thank you.
2022-7-30
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Please share the logs
2022-7-30
Use props
RSimpson
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-30 07:10
Hi.

if you like upload your flightlog for this issue, use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Here is the flight log.  I have not reviewed yet, will do that now.

A summary of the flight, I went up to over 200 feet, took photo looking down, maybe a few.  Eventually I lowered it back down and took photos while backing the drone away from our spot.   It was when I tried to bring the drone back that I was unable to turn it to face us.  I would turn slowly for a few degrees and then stop. So I flew a zigzag of forward and sideways.   I tried to land it in my hand but it aborted, so I got it back to the take off area and landed.   As stated above, I was able to restart drone and RC and then it acted normal again.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0Z5NZATFYSEJYZD6JP2X

I just updated to the latest RC and drone firmware yesterday, so maybe it was due to old code?

Ross
2022-7-31
Use props
RSimpson
lvl.1
United States

RSimpson Posted at 7-31 05:02
Here is the flight log.  I have not reviewed yet, will do that now.

A summary of the flight, I went up to over 200 feet, took photo looking down, maybe a few.  Eventually I lowered it back down and took photos while backing the drone away from our spot.   It was when I tried to bring the drone back that I was unable to turn it to face us.  I would turn slowly for a few degrees and then stop. So I flew a zigzag of forward and sideways.   I tried to land it in my hand but it aborted, so I got it back to the take off area and landed.   As stated above, I was able to restart drone and RC and then it acted normal again.

So it looks like it is right around 6 minutes and 30 seconds that I am trying to rotate the drone with the left RC control stick, and it is rotating slowly a small amount and then not moving. I tried both directions a few times.   

I do see the attempt in the visual of the flight data, but I don't know if the numbers there help at all.  

I will try the same area this am.

Ross
2022-7-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

RSimpson Posted at 7-31 05:11
So it looks like it is right around 6 minutes and 30 seconds that I am trying to rotate the drone with the left RC control stick, and it is rotating slowly a small amount and then not moving. I tried both directions a few times.   

I do see the attempt in the visual of the flight data, but I don't know if the numbers there help at all.  

Hi,

Your drone was in activetrack mode from 5m11s until autolanding......
Wich active track mode did you select yourself ?

AFAIK POI and Spotlight are written also as active track in the log (will check this out)
Checked this.
Think you had selected spotlight, wich will keep the subject in the middle of the frame, so you cannot yaw much left/right.

I always fly with a screen recording active, really usefull to compare screen data with log data.

cheers
JJB
ActiveTrack.png
2022-7-31
Use props
RSimpson
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-31 06:52
Hi,

Your drone was in activetrack mode from 5m11s until autolanding......
[Image]

That’s funny, I did not select active track on purpose.  You’d think I’d notice even it it was accidental.  It certainly was not tracking on me, and I was able to use forward and sideways to zigzag back to home.   

I’ve never used active track, but from the videos it looked like you have to select it on the screen and then get the green box around the person, I can’t imagine how I did that by accident.  

After the last photo I was just trying to fly it back home.  

Thanks for the info . How did you see it was in active track from that data, or is there more info than I can see in the spreadsheet view I found?

Ross
2022-7-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

RSimpson Posted at 7-31 07:24
That’s funny, I did not select active track on purpose.  You’d think I’d notice even it it was accidental.  It certainly was not tracking on me, and I was able to use forward and sideways to zigzag back to home.   

I’ve never used active track, but from the videos it looked like you have to select it on the screen and then get the green box around the person, I can’t imagine how I did that by accident.  

Hi Ross,

Flightlog shows all data.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2022-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules