Mini 3 Pro range
13586 50 2022-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans002188a3
lvl.1

Canada

If it makes you feel any better, I am having variable range limits. Some are expected but today I lost connection at 15m altitude. I am shocked.
2022-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-7 19:25
You can see the direction to the aircraft using the radar in the lower left corner of the Fly app.

How are you finding the Mini 3 Pro, but have you noticed that its less forgiving than other drones, i.e. alignment has to be 100% spot-on on both axis if you want to get anywhere greater than close by? Granted, you're using FCC compared to myself in CE so it may not be as apparent till further out for you.
2022-8-7
Use props
zzjollygreenzz
lvl.1

United States

Check my posts and the other range posts.  There is an issue where a lot of the RC controllers boot up in a mode where dual band and 5.8ghz are disabled in certain areas.  It's weird that it's based on location, but who knows why.  They acknowledged the problem and said a fix will be issued in august.
2022-8-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 01:33
The DJI RC incorporates two tiny, internal, flat panel antennas, so I would expect it to be more directionally sensitive than RCs using omnidirectional antenna.  If you have an Itelite flat panel antenna, you deal with the same situation.  

I've only flown my Mini 3 a few times, but did not notice it to be overly sensitive to how it was pointed.  I was extremely impressed with the range.  27,041' on the maiden flight.  Signal was still good but the battery (plus model) was at 57% so I turned back.  Arrived home with 23% remaining.

Good to hear, that will be the FCC doing its part, i have managed a few meters off 5.5km (18045ft) in CE, that's only cause of it disconnecting within a few seconds and initiating RTH, it did that 3 blooming times, so on the 3rd time i just brought it back, next time i will go higher, i was only at 30m (99ft).

Your 8.42km is pretty good even for FCC
2022-8-8
Use props
Nuh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256411 ft
Germany

I made well over 2500m without issues, and that with the RM330. Maybe your unit is faulty
2022-8-12
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Today I made 3 long range tests with the M3P and the RC in CE-Mode (I'm in Germany):
1st attempt: bit over 3.000 meters and I returned because had strong wind around 4,5 Bft., wanted to get back safely.
2nd attempt: bit over 4.000 meters, same with wind, battery and had only two red bars signal strength.
3rd attempt: stretched it just over 4.400 meters this time, then same as 2nd, return to home.

All 3 filght were recorded on video internally and in the RC. That's the main factor for the batteries. Without recording you may get much distance.

It was a rural area without lots of interference. Mainly crop fields with tree lines every few hundreds of meters. Maximum height above ground was close to 120 meters.
Flight 1 and 3 passed a village at around 3.000 meters away.

The DJI RC has no signal problem. You always have to take into account, how and where you fly. Signal interference on 2,4 and 5 Ghz is a common problem. Water is a problem, so flying behind trees may  attenuate the signals so that even 500 meters are too much.

Photos and videos might follow. Have to get all the data from the M3P and the Avata onto my PC and see, when and what I will use vor public viewers. Both drones flew 5 batteries empty this day. Each of them.
2022-9-4
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

2022-9-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ya must have had a reasonable headwind. if not, was it a hot day? I did 5.5km with more battery left than you had, I also managed that at only 29m high, so you had something going against you, be interesting to know what.
2022-9-4
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 9-4 11:47
Today I made 3 long range tests with the M3P and the RC in CE-Mode (I'm in Germany):
1st attempt: bit over 3.000 meters and I returned because had strong wind around 4,5 Bft., wanted to get back safely.
2nd attempt: bit over 4.000 meters, same with wind, battery and had only two red bars signal strength.

Ahhh, so that was your Mini 3 I almost collided with few days ago when I was flying my C22 on the leg between Fehrbellin and Bienenfarm?!

(Sorry, mußte sein)
2022-9-4
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Niemals nicht (Aufnahme stammt zudem von gestern) (nowhere never at all (did the recording yesterday))
2022-9-4
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

fansb4f50ec1 Posted at 2022-8-1 16:32
The mini 3 has 4 antennas.  They are located within each of the 4 arms.  They are horizontal (vs the mini 2 that had 2 antennas which were oriented vertically).

The RC has 2 antennas.  They seem to be vertically oriented.  I thought that might cause a polarization issue (ie: RC has vertical but drone has horizontal antennas), but maybe that's not an issue at 5.8GHZ (which seems to be what my Mini3 and RC are always using when I check).

Could the signal be impaired by anything stuck to or wrapped around the legs such as an ID label, camo wrap or prop guard clips?
2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules