1670 12 2022-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else noticed this?  I cannot digital zoom when in photo single shot mode ..I need to select explore to enable this.  The problem with explore is that you cannot use pro control of your camera settings....it forces auto.

Can DJI please consider enabling this in future firmware updates?
2022-7-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not noticed that.  I thought you could...but maybe my memory is bad.  I will try again tomorrow and test.
2022-7-30
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 7-30 16:05
I have not noticed that.  I thought you could...but maybe my memory is bad.  I will try again tomorrow and test.

I appreciate that, Tony.   I was quite surprised myself as I could have sworn Ive seen that working in the past. Im using RCPro and latest firmware on it and the Mavic 3 and latest Fly App.
2022-7-30
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Yep, only in explorer or video modes.
2022-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mavic 3 Raptor. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-30
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-30 20:10
Hello there Mavic 3 Raptor. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply guys...and thanks Stephen for passing this request on to development.
2022-7-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Just got back from the RC park and yes, just as you said, no zoom function when in single photo standard photo mode.  Wish it had that.  Seems simple enough.
2022-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 7-30 20:32
Thanks for the reply guys...and thanks Stephen for passing this request on to development.

Hi there Mavic 3 Raptor. You are very much welcome and if you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and keep flying. .
2022-7-31
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 7-31 12:10
Just got back from the RC park and yes, just as you said, no zoom function when in single photo standard photo mode.  Wish it had that.  Seems simple enough.

Thanks for the verification..guess Im not going crazy
2022-8-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 8-1 02:24
Thanks for the verification..guess Im not going crazy

Well, I cannot guarantee that.  I did think that I could zoom somewhat in picture mode without using the "explorer" feature, but maybe that behavior changed with the update.  I'm not sure.
2022-8-1
Use props
Kring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161073 ft
United States

Not only can’t you zoom in photo mode, it doesnt work in video mode either when resolution is 4K 60fps.  You have to back down to a lower res to get any zoom.  Which makes no sense because digital zoom is all fake zoom, so it should work anytime.  I could swear earlier firmware let you zoom.
2022-8-1
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 7-31 12:10

Thanks for confirming with your empirical run, Tony!
2022-8-2
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I am not 100% sure about this one, but I think I am able to zoom in 5k 50fps in video on latest firmware, never tested in photo though. While imho it a sensor crop type of zoom (still lossy zoom, but I think it's better than doing it manually in photo / video editing software) , 7x is the only "physical" zoom. with the tele camera. I actually wanted to mention that I do sometimes experience an issue when I can't zoom at all and what fixed it is complete reboot with power cycle of RC Pro. Had that happen on previous firmware for sure, not on the latest one if not mistaken. Hope this helps...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules