Turning Off Second screen
6475 7 2022-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8rFL3aAnvTsE
New

Germany

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering, is there a way to turn off the second screen of the Dual Screen Combo while recording?

When using both of the modules together for battery life extension purposes (on a helmet mount, a bike mount or whatever) it is incredibly stupid to have everybody coming your way see what's going on on that screen.

So it would be nice to have a way to turn that screen off WITHOUT turning the whole second screen module off (which effectively turns the whole damn camera off), to keep the battery extension feature running.

If that isn't possible right now, DJI should reeeally implement that Feature with an update
2022-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-7-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's in the menu.  

Swipe down from the top of the screen.  Bottom right icon is like a cogwheel.  That's where the general settings are.  Scroll to the option "Screen off when locked (only single screen previous supported)"  Turn the switch of that item to the "on" position, so it shows green.

The button on the side of the screen unit is a duplicate of the one on the top of the main camera unit, for turning off the whole device, not just the screen unit.
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_k890woqRBIwS
New

Thailand

I agree. Having the front screen is great as an option but I also don't want everyone seeing themselves when being filmed. Also when using underwater housing it was cause significant heat build up inside the case. This will be a condensation issue. Please release firmware update to disable as an option.
2022-11-20
Use props
djiuser_tUUuUIAsRfQd
New
Flight distance : 102477 ft
Netherlands

Hi, I'd appreciate some help with screen remaining on.
How can the 2 screens of the Action 2 be off while recording?
This is essential in video or time lapse recording as the screen consumes a lot of battery and participates in heating the Action 2.
I've read the above posts but can't find the answer / I can't start a new thread.
2023-4-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"Scr off when rec" in the settings.
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_tUUuUIAsRfQd
New
Flight distance : 102477 ft
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-24 03:35
"Scr off when rec" in the settings.

Thanks for you answer.
It works in video, but that doesn't work for time lapse
2023-4-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I don't use time lapse but I have a recollection that the screen doesn't go off in timelapse mode - something that was discussed here before - might be worth looking through previous threads.
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules