Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OM5 will not reset or connect
3283 14 2022-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

My OM5 will not connect successfully to the app.

I have tried every suggestion I can find including reinstalling the app from the website and restarting phone on OM5 many times.

My OM5 has the status light stuck on green even after pressing the buttons to reset. It does not change to yellow.

How can I resolve this?

Stephen
2022-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Stephen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using on your DJI OM 5 please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-7-31
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-31 20:51
Hello there Stephen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using on your DJI OM 5 please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. The phone I use is a Samsung Note 10+. However, the status light on my OM5 stays green even when I reset it and the phone is turned off or Bluetooth is disabled.
2022-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Stephen Brown Posted at 7-31 22:19
Thanks for your reply. The phone I use is a Samsung Note 10+. However, the status light on my OM5 stays green even when I reset it and the phone is turned off or Bluetooth is disabled.

Hi there Stephen. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Kindly please post a short sample video showing this issue for us to be able to assist? Thank you.
2022-8-1
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

video in google drive

I have attached a link as I am not allowed to upload the video, only image formats are allowed.

I am not sure what the video can show you as the colour of the light is not easy to see, however all the time even after a reset the status light remains green.

So just to recap.

The status light on my OM5 is always green, I have tried resetting using the three buttons as per the manual for anywhere between 1 and 10 seconds without success.

When I do use the reset I can see the Bluetooth device name does change each time but the OM5 still thinks it is connected.

When I try connecting to the OM5 from my Note 10+ after a reset it will not connect in the app 9 out of 10 times. If it does connect it will still fail to operate the app from the OM5 buttons or to stabilise. If I connect the Bluetooth directly from the phone Bluetooth screen the app still does not respond to the OM5 buttons. I have tried unparing from the OM5 from the phone Bluetooth screen but this makes no difference to the OM5

I am using the latest version of mimo from the website and it did work the first time I used it but has not worked since then.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset the phone and turned Bluetooth off and on. None of this makes any difference.

Please let me know what else I can tell you.

Stephen
2022-8-1
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

Link

trying the link again

and again

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KGlrJjvg8DMvYpngiLZwrnGSeo_YOIYj/view?usp=sharing
2022-8-1
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

Image of log file from an attempted connection in MIMO
2022-8-1
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-1 02:04
Hi there Stephen. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Kindly please post a short sample video showing this issue for us to be able to assist? Thank you.

Any update on this issue? Does the video and the logfile show anything useful?
2022-8-3
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

United States

Stephen Brown Posted at 8-3 18:23
Any update on this issue? Does the video and the logfile show anything useful?

Still waiting on any response?
2022-8-25
Use props
HubertAile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6348120 ft
  • >>>
France

Stephen Brown Posted at 8-25 13:59
Still waiting on any response?

Hello,
I managed to solve the problem (it flashed green and red successively and impossible to connect).
1- Uninstall the MIMO app from the smartphone
2- Dissociate the OM 5 device from bluetooth (bluetooth settings)
3- Reinstall MIMO from the DJI site
4- Launch MIMO (connect to your account, etc...).
5- Close MIMO
6- Restart MIMO
6- Turn on the OM5
7- Activate bluetooth on the smartphone and pair the OM 5
8- In MIMO connect the OM5

And There you go...
2022-11-6
Use props
Stephen Brown
lvl.1

Australia

HubertAile Posted at 11-6 08:12
Hello,
I managed to solve the problem (it flashed green and red successively and impossible to connect).
1- Uninstall the MIMO app from the smartphone

Thanks for the response.

Sorry, when I get to point 8 connection in MIMO to the OM5 fails.

I have tried all of these things in various combinations as well as the specific list provided. Still no connection.

I have been able to connect to an OM4 and an OM6 from the same phone without problems.
2022-11-6
Use props
Jeremy Vasquez
New

France

Hello stephen , have you found the solution ?
3-9 13:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jeremy Vasquez Posted at 3-9 13:07
Hello stephen , have you found the solution ?

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If you are experiencing the same issue, please try the steps below:
1. Please make sure to enable the mobile phone’s Bluetooth;
2. Please check if all the permissions in the DJI Mimo app are fully enabled (For Android devices, please note that: The position information of the app/GPS information permissions must be enabled).
* Due to Android system restrictions: The Bluetooth search function on the DJI Mimo homepage and device connection page can only work when the position information/GPS information permissions have been enabled.
3. Check whether the app is the latest version. If not, please update it to the latest version.
4. We advise going to the mobile phone’s Settings - Bluetooth List and omitting the Bluetooth connection records.
5. Please kindly reset the gimbal’s Bluetooth:
*DJI OM 5: Press the Switch Button, Shutter/Record Button, and Trigger at the same time and reset the Bluetooth connection.
6. Please hard reset the mobile phone.
7. If the issue persists, please try using another mobile phone (iOS↔Android) and try again. If the connection fails, please return your device for further testing.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
3-9 23:29
Use props
Jeremy Vasquez
New

Morocco

Still got the issue, my issue is that the Device is not resetting the bluetooth.
4-2 08:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jeremy Vasquez Posted at 4-2 08:18
Still got the issue, my issue is that the Device is not resetting the bluetooth.

Hi, Jeremy. Thank you for reaching out. Have you already tried the suggestion above in reply 13#? Feel free to keep us posted. Thank you.
4-2 21:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules