ActiveTrack on the boat
1547 21 2022-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

Last weekend i tried ActiveTrack on the boat. It was my longest ride so far...

During this, i've discovered small bug: In the beginning I have set maximum flight range to 1km, then I started to track my ride. In the middle - after 1km reached, drone stopped and refused to fly (time 0:50)... So I've had to go to settings and increase range / and or / update home point. Then started ActiveTrack again.. Funny there was wrong warning about "geo zone entered".... Shame i've had no screen recording turned on..

2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there enricorc_cz. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information and for sharing this video that you have filmed. Were you able to remember the error message or error code that you have received? By the way the video was great and thank you.
2022-8-1
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-1 01:52
Hello there enricorc_cz. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information and for sharing this video that you have filmed. Were you able to remember the error message or error code that you have received? By the way the video was great and thank you.

Hello and thank you Stephen. The warning was about Drone can not be in ActiveTrack because is in restricted GEO zone.. Or something like this... And there was 1020m shining  in red on the top of screen... So this was the clue for me to go to setting and take a look to maximum distance.. (Because i know there is no restricted zone)
2022-8-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done enrico.    Active track seemed to work quite well on the Mini 3.  
2022-8-1
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

enricorc_cz Posted at 8-1 02:01
Hello and thank you Stephen. The warning was about Drone can not be in ActiveTrack because is in restricted GEO zone.. Or something like this... And there was 1020m shining  in red on the top of screen... So this was the clue for me to go to setting and take a look to maximum distance.. (Because i know there is no restricted zone)

Nice test.
As the distance limit is also some kind of restriction and if you try to fly beyond this distance it is somehow entering a restricted zone, so the error might be correct.
2022-8-1
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-1 04:10
Nicely done enrico.    Active track seemed to work quite well on the Mini 3.

Thank you
2022-8-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome enrico.  

2022-8-1
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

MySky Posted at 8-1 04:23
Nice test.
As the distance limit is also some kind of restriction and if you try to fly beyond this distance it is somehow entering a restricted zone, so the error might be correct.

Thank you. And yes, if you say it like that, then it seems to make sense.. Geo zone = limit of how far it can get = geo fence...  

But in this case if you are in the move, then home point should be somehow updated and the distance should be almost same as range... In case I lost connection (for some reason), or low battery, I dont want the Drone to go back more than 1km to homepoint... So in ActiveTrack it should not be done such way i think...
2022-8-1
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

enricorc_cz Posted at 8-1 06:49
Thank you. And yes, if you say it like that, then it seems to make sense.. Geo zone = limit of how far it can get = geo fence...  

But in this case if you are in the move, then home point should be somehow updated and the distance should be almost same as range... In case I lost connection (for some reason), or low battery, I Drone to go go back more than 1km to homepoint... So in ActiveTrack it should not be done such way i think...

I fully agree.
Some kind of follow me, following the GPS of the RC incl. HP up update, would be nice.
2022-8-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That active track is amazing - it's like you had the drone on a string
2022-8-1
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

You had to launch the drone before driving your boat, right?
This is just a response to a previous thread where someone launched their drone while the boat was moving and it just descended to the water.
2022-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done enrico.    Ive been trying spotlight with boats but that needs more manual flying still.
2022-8-1
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

Blériot53 Posted at 8-1 07:59
That active track is amazing - it's like you had the drone on a string

Yes, if there were no problems with the max distance, than it would be great flight.. Next time I'll know to set max distance and wil hope there will be no connection issues (and no RTH)
2022-8-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

enricorc_cz Posted at 8-2 00:01
Yes, if there were no problems with the max distance, than it would be great flight..  Next time I'll know to set max distance and wil hope there will be no connection issues (and no RTH)

2022-8-2
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

Beta5K Posted at 8-1 08:54
You had to launch the drone before driving your boat, right?
This is just a response to a previous thread where someone launched their drone while the boat was moving and it just descended to the water.

Yes, i launched before start driving. I think it's not good idea to launch during move. Not for drone nor boat...
2022-8-2
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 8-1 23:32
Nicely done enrico.    Ive been trying spotlight with boats but that needs more manual flying still.

Thank you! Yes spotlight is good for slow motion objects because of that...  I use spotlight when filming wife on paddleboard
2022-8-2
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

MySky Posted at 8-1 07:45
I fully agree.
Some kind of follow me, following the GPS of the RC incl. HP up update, would be nice.

In some facebook group they told me that it is possible to set Drone to follow GPS location of controller (and have HP updated)  - excatly what i need and mentioned above. So I have to try it next time...
2022-8-2
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

enricorc_cz Posted at 8-2 04:25
In some facebook group they told me that it is possible to set Drone to follow GPS location of controller (and have HP updated)  - excatly what i need and mentioned above. So I have to try it next time...

How did they do that with the FlyApp ?
The only possibility i know would be with Litchi, but it cannot be installed on the DJI RC, as DJI is not allowing it yet.
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

enricorc_cz Posted at 8-1 02:01
Hello and thank you Stephen. The warning was about Drone can not be in ActiveTrack because is in restricted GEO zone.. Or something like this... And there was 1020m shining  in red on the top of screen... So this was the clue for me to go to setting and take a look to maximum distance.. (Because i know there is no restricted zone)

Hi there enricorc_cz. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-8-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice!
2022-8-16
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4