Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Updates for the P2V+
1342 3 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I am just curious if DJI has any updates in the works for the P2V+? It has been a while since any firmware updates or enhancements to the DJI Vision app have been released. Or at this point and time are current owners to expect that it is good as it is going to get? App wise I have jumped ship when it comes to the DJI Vision app due to its lack of features. I have been using the Litchi app for Android with great success with my P2V+. It would be nice to see DJI at least update their Vision app to include at least some of the features the Litchi app offers. At the moment it has POI (Point Of Interest), Follow Me mode, Ground Station and FPV mode. There is another mode (Cable Cam) that is under development at the moment as well as additional enhancements. When you factor in it has a built in FPV Booster, the ability to Log Flight Data and other bells in whistles it certainly is a winner. As a P2V+ owner it sure would be nice for DJI to minimally udate their Vision app with at least some if not all of the previously noted features. I was considering selling my P2V+ at this point it is not going to happen. To be honest I am having to much fun flying it using the Litchi app.
2015-8-5
Use props
phantomjack
lvl.1

United States

good advice, will try the app. the vision app stopped working reliably on my nexus and note 4, ("phantom connection lost") and dji tells me that it is not designed to work on those devices. so maybe litchi will do the trick
2015-8-5
Use props
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

phantomjack Posted at 2015-8-6 03:28
good advice, will try the app. the vision app stopped working reliably on my nexus and note 4, ("pha ...

The Litchi app is fantastic Jack! What a great inexpensive way to breathe new life into a P2V+ with additional functions and capabilities!! To follow is a link to one of my most recent Ground Station missions using banked turns (boring video / it was a test). At the 6:10 mark the footage transitions from the Ground Station run into POI (Point Of Interest) footage. Note the transition was done in post production. During that flight I was flying my stock P2V+ at its furthest point I was out 1,500 feet and experienced no lag or video dropouts. Solid performance across the board. Although the Litchi app has a built in FPV Booster I did not use it during that flight. Here is the video:
2015-8-6
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

The Litchi App looks great.  Sadly they do not make an iOS version otherwise I would buy it.  I don't have an android device other than an old Playstation Phone.

As far as firmware it seems unlikely that they will make any updates to the features.  Dropped like a hot potato.  This is of corse just my opinion.  It seems they are focused on the new products.  The DJI GO App does look promising for P3.  It will be great when they add the features for follow me and Waypoints and roll them into the Advanced and Pro then I may consider upgrading to a P3.  
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules