Host of errors after unexpected crash
957 3 2022-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eternalshenron
New

India

Hi,

I got my DJI Mini Pro 3 drone a couple of weeks ago. I am a first time drone pilot.
Couple of days ago I was flying the drone for practice and getting couple of random shots. At the end of the day, when I brought in the for landing, the drone was stable at 5ft height, I was just holding the left stick down for landing the drone and then suddenly the drone thrusted forward towards me and hit a car behind me. The obstacle avoidance system did nothing to protect the impact.

After the crash one of the propellor blade had broken off, which I was able to easily replace. But then there are a host of error messages due to which the drone isnt flying anymore. I am getting the camera feed on the controller, the gimbal is doing its little calibration dance when we start the drone, but nothing beyond that. In terms of signs of physical damage to the drone, there is a slight scratch on the top and bottom part of the gimbal housing. Does not look like anything severe. Attaching the error messages for reference.

My question here is:
1. Why did the drone leaf forward? I am 100% sure there was no input from my end of the right stick.
2. Why didnt the obstacle avoidance system do anything? The car could have been easily avoided had the drone gained a little bit of altitude
3. Possible repair options? Is there anything that can be done at home or do I have to give it to an authorized dealer?
4. Will this be covered under warranty? I think it should be, since there is something definetly wrong with the behaviour of the drone.

error msg2

error msg2

error msg

error msg
2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi eternalshenron, I am sorry to read about the accident that happened to your aircraft, I understand that must be frustrated for you.
Noticed that your IP is located in India, may I know where did you purchase the drone? You may try to contact your reseller for assistance on this case. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-8-1
Use props
eternalshenron
New

India

DJI Susan Posted at 8-1 06:00
Hi eternalshenron, I am sorry to read about the accident that happened to your aircraft, I understand that must be frustrated for you.
Noticed that your IP is located in India, may I know where did you purchase the drone? You may try to contact your reseller for assistance on this case. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Susan,

I have brought the drone during my visit to the USA. I dont have any known reseller in India.
Can you please help me understand the meaning and status of the error messages. Thanks.
2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

eternalshenron Posted at 8-1 21:42
Hi Susan,

I have brought the drone during my visit to the USA. I dont have any known reseller in India.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. DJI does not currently provide an international warranty. You are suggested to contact the reseller to seek further assistance on this matter. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2022-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules