D-RTK 2 Mobile Base Station- Problem connecting to satellites
2917 3 2022-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick Balok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183068 ft
United States

Hi, I am wondering if there is a problem with connecting to enough satellites using the D-RTK 2 with the M300? The unit will connect to the drone just fine- but won't allow it to take off. But when I am in a big open (30 acre) field- it keeps on giving the same error message of “RTK signal weak. Unable to take off. Move to an open area for takeoff or turn off RTK.”  it shows that I am connected to 12 satellites, but it won't allow me to take off.

*Also how many satellites do you need for the D-RTK unit to allow the M300 to take off?
- How many do yall usually have connected to the RTK Unit?
- Last question- do cell towers affect connectivity?
2022-8-1
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

12 should be enough, but more is better. But the important thing is that the base (D-RTK 2) and rover (M300) must be seeing THE SAME satellites. If one or the other is in a location with part of the sky blocked or interference preventing them from receiving signals from the same satellites as the other, you won't be able to get an RTK fix.
Yes, cell towers or any other source of electromagnetic noise can affect the reception of satellite signals as well as drone/base/RC connectivity.
The cryptic error messages ("RTK Signal Weak") in DJI RTK gear are not very helpful.

Sometimes it takes a while or a couple restarts to get the system happy. But you may also have a faulty unit. Has it every worked correctly for you, anywhere?
2022-8-1
Use props
khvicha688
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147605 ft

Georgia

Hi.
I had same issue. I was based on field at oppen area. I mad several mission form one place using D-RTK 2  m300, L1,. When I land drone for changing batteries and then restated mission Found that rtk signal was missed on the RC. But dron went to break point and started mission..
During data processing there was some data missed and distortion of orthophotoes and lidar data. Loosing rtk signal first happened several times since that time it already happened several times..
IMG_20230225_203126.jpg
2023-2-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

khvicha688 Posted at 2-25 15:52
Hi.
I had same issue. I was based on field at oppen area. I mad several mission form one place using D-RTK 2  m300, L1,. When I land drone for changing batteries and then restated mission Found that rtk signal was missed on the RC. But dron went to break point and started mission..
During data processing there was some data missed and distortion of orthophotoes and lidar data. Loosing rtk signal first happened several times since that time it already happened several times..

The joys of DRTK2! Put it in a museum or in the trash and go see there:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D564%26typeid%3D564
2023-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules