DJI Mini 3 PRO Transmission Issues - RC
2162 11 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Hello Folks,

After receiving  my aircraft back from DJI support over all these transmission issues, for my surprise they sent me  a brand new aircraft with my original RC.
During the first flight I was able to go around 400 metters and RTH automatically activated and came back.

I tried another direction and couldn't go over 200meters before RTH. All of this made me start thinking about DJI tech support approach. Initially I tought I was going to receive my original aircraft back with a new board, instead they sent a completely new unit. My assuption is that they didn't even look at my original unit, they just pushed the button for a replacement instead.

My second tought now is more towards the RC, that may be where transmission issues are happening accross the board, I wish I had a regular controler to test this with my cellphone and see how far I could go.

I found a detail that is intriging but I need to confirm with other users if this is normal or not.
Below (second picture) of the DJI fly application on my cellphone, as soon as I open the application the GPS on the upper left locates my location immediately.
The first picture is from my DJI RC Controller connected to my WIFI, it doesn't update at all, it keeps seaching instead of show my location like the FLY app on my cellphone.

Is this normal for the RC to nevr update my location with the RC connected to WIFI?

Fly App on the controller connected to WiFi

Fly App on the controller connected to WiFi

Fly App on my cellphone

Fly App on my cellphone
2022-8-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you go into the Camera view you will see in the radar when it has located you location.   A blue dot will appear.  If you then go back to the main screen the locating message will have changed,.   Using the blue dot when you fly can help with the controller alignment as when its correctly pointed at the drone it will change colour to green.
2022-8-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does your drone, in transmission tab show you are in FCC mode?
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. For the flight distance issue, could you please help to confirm if the RC and aircraft have been updated to the latest version? If it is convenient, please manage another flight, please keep the screen recording of the flight, then export the flight log and RC log via DJI Assistant 2, and send me the files, I will forward your feedback to the engineers to check it further.

The RC uses GPS for recognizing the location, therefore, if you were staying indoors, the RC may show locating. You may try to move the RC outdoors and check again. Please keep us updated on the result.

Additionally, noticed that you had sent the unit back previously, please tell me your case number, I will check the details of your case in our system as well. Look forward to your reply.
2022-8-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 04:09
Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. For the flight distance issue, could you please help to confirm if the RC and aircraft have been updated to the latest version? If it is convenient, please manage another flight, please keep the screen recording of the flight, then export the flight log and RC log via DJI Assistant 2, and send me the files, I will forward your feedback to the engineers to check it further.

The RC uses GPS for recognizing the location, therefore, if you were staying indoors, the RC may show locating. You may try to move the RC outdoors and check again. Please keep us updated on the result.

Hello Susan,
The first initial case is CAS-9907451-S1C6X7, I sent the aircraft and the controller, and received a new aircraft with the same controller.

The second case opened yesterday is CAS-10022293-J1T8C9, I am suppose to receive a RC1 controller to try with my cellphone connected via application and see if the range issues continue.

Susan all these range issues are happening outdoors, the controller doesn't give me the exactly location when outdoors and connected via WiFi which is am indication of a location issue, which can be related to my drone been stuck on the CE mode since it is not indicating anything, if I click on that GPS signal on the on the left upper side of the display it will bring me to middle ocean all way by Africa.
2022-8-4
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 23:19
If you go into the Camera view you will see in the radar when it has located you location.   A blue dot will appear.  If you then go back to the main screen the locating message will have changed,.   Using the blue dot when you fly can help with the controller alignment as when its correctly pointed at the drone it will change colour to green.

Like @DAFlys said if your outside with controller & drone and you get no blue dot then something probably wrong with controller.. Don't have to be connected to wi-fi to get location on RC. Just have to be logged in.
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fly.overflying Posted at 8-4 11:49
Hello Susan,
The first initial case is CAS-9907451-S1C6X7, I sent the aircraft and the controller, and received a new aircraft with the same controller.

Thanks for the detailed information. We are sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you please try to refresh the firmware and then test it again with the Internet and drone connected to see if the issue still exists? If yes, please create a new case and send the DJI RC back for further assistance.
2022-8-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-4 17:57
Thanks for the detailed information. We are sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you please try to refresh the firmware and then test it again with the Internet and drone connected to see if the issue still exists? If yes, please create a new case and send the DJI RC back for further assistance.

Here is the RC screen recording.
First crash at 2:22     405 metters     I don't fly in a fly restricted area
Second crash at 4:57 318 metters     Opposite way from the first crash location
Third crash at 7:07   257 metters    Opposite way from previous crash location

During all crashes I toggled back to the transmission tab to capture the transmission signal frequency which have been locked in CE during all times. Since I bought this drone a month ago I never had a chance to fly in the FCC transmission mode because it doesn't matter where I fly from. I am located in Orange County CA, I already went down to multiple different areas in LA and San diego as well, no luck!
2022-8-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 04:09

The RC uses GPS for recognizing the location, therefore, if you were staying indoors, the RC may show locating. You may try to move the RC outdoors and check again. Please keep us updated on the result.

Hello Susan, here is RC screen recording for this afternoon, you will have the opportunity to see the crash along with the transmission tab showing the frequency locked in 1K.

https://youtu.be/eKcBkLge9Vc
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fly.overflying Posted at 8-4 21:14
Hello Susan, here is RC screen recording for this afternoon, you will have the opportunity to see the crash along with the transmission tab showing the frequency locked in 1K.

https://youtu.be/eKcBkLge9Vc

Thank you for your additional information. Would you mind providing the screenshot of the firmware information, and exporting the flight log and RC log via DJI Assistant 2 to me? I will ask our engineers to check the issue further.
You can upload the files to Dropbox and send me the link here. Thank you.
2022-8-5
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-5 06:28
Thank you for your additional information. Would you mind providing the screenshot of the firmware information, and exporting the flight log and RC log via DJI Assistant 2 to me? I will ask our engineers to check the issue further.
You can upload the files to Dropbox and send me the link here. Thank you.

Hello Susan, here is the link for those logs and the firmware versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/y ... icd03yo8qm18ncl53p4

2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fly.overflying Posted at 8-5 09:41
Hello Susan, here is the link for those logs and the firmware versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/y12btql307ygyjyoy2kx6/h?dl=0&rlkey=6gencwicd03yo8qm18ncl53p4

Thank you for the logs, we have forwarded the files to our engineers for their confirmation. We will get back to you once we receive a result from them. Thank you for your patience.
2022-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules