Mini 3 Pro Night Strobe Suggestions + Placement
7727 16 2022-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Do you have any suggestions for flighting at nght strobe lights fr the Mini 3 Pro? Also can you share safe placement that wont interefer with transmission / communication with thr RC?
2022-8-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

2022-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you place the strobe on top of the DJI logo you'll be clear of the internal GPS receiver.
2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Just a friendly reminder, adding a 3rd party accessory on the unit adds weight on the actual unit and this might affect it's stability. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I mount mine on the aft part of the top of the drone using a thin strip of velcro so that when I remove the strobe the props can still fold without an issue.  On the Mini 2 it was easy to mount to the legs but since DJI chopped off the legs to reduce weight on the Mini 3 only place that works is top and aft.  I tried initially to velcro it to the battery but that's not an effective location for pilot visibility.  

Also, keep in mind that where I have mine mounted that it does tend to interfere with backwards obstacle avoidance.  Not sure if it is the strobe lights or if it is physically picking up the strobe body.

2022-8-2
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

Does adding strobe lights for night use interfere with taking photos or video?
2022-8-2
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-2 02:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Just a friendly reminder, adding a 3rd party accessory on the unit adds weight on the actual unit and this might affect it's stability. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you for the information.
2022-8-2
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

fansfbd2311f Posted at 8-2 05:28
Does adding strobe lights for night use interfere with taking photos or video?

it might depend on placing the lights
2022-8-2
Use props
NHSeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12035899 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Arc V strobe from Firehouse. I have it mounted as far forward as possible, such that the front edge of the light is lined up with the top front edge of the drone. I have had no issues with GPS or the backwards obstacle avoidance sensors, nor have I found it to interfere with photos or video.
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fly.overflying Posted at 8-2 19:26
Thank you for the information.

You're welcome and happy flying always!
2022-8-5
Use props
rveronico
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129436 ft
Italy

NHSeth Posted at 8-3 07:21
I use the Arc V strobe from Firehouse. I have it mounted as far forward as possible, such that the front edge of the light is lined up with the top front edge of the drone. I have had no issues with GPS or the backwards obstacle avoidance sensors, nor have I found it to interfere with photos or video.

Could you please show a picture?
2022-11-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

rveronico Posted at 11-3 01:43
Could you please show a picture?

fyi imo mounting an arc v on a dji mini drone is pointless unless you're looking for a show
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_czBvMI5fSQyj
New
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-4 13:46
fyi imo mounting an arc v on a dji mini drone is pointless unless you're looking for a show

There is that whole FAA rule that says you have to have a light that can be seen for 3sm thing. But who cares about rules.
2022-12-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_czBvMI5fSQyj Posted at 12-22 06:08
There is that whole FAA rule that says you have to have a light that can be seen for 3sm thing. But who cares about rules.

I tend to think that the FAA created the strobe rule to give manned aircraft every chance of avoiding something unfortunate.  Primarily thinking of helicopters here.  
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_czBvMI5fSQyj
New
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-22 06:16
I tend to think that the FAA created the strobe rule to give manned aircraft every chance of avoiding something unfortunate.  Primarily thinking of helicopters here.

100% agree with you. Just was making a point to the person that was saying it was just for looks.
2022-12-22
Use props
fans4533e2a8
lvl.1

United States

I am late ringing in. I have a Mini 3 Pro and two questions. First, the best position for the strobe. Dead center top seems best for stability and visibility. Opinions welcome. Second, attachment. The 3M Velcro pads included with the Firehouse ARC V seem adequate but I don’t think the adhesive will last. All suggestions appreciated.
2023-9-17
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

fans4533e2a8 Posted at 9-17 17:36
I am late ringing in. I have a Mini 3 Pro and two questions. First, the best position for the strobe. Dead center top seems best for stability and visibility. Opinions welcome. Second, attachment. The 3M Velcro pads included with the Firehouse ARC V seem adequate but I don’t think the adhesive will last. All suggestions appreciated.

I landed on this thread late as well and was hoping to see some wrap-up.  I have the same questions.  I just received the Firehouse kit.  Three patches of Velcro with one looking like a spare that is thinner than the other two.  I was thinking dead center top.  I don't see how the light would not interfere with photos and video especially if all the way forward but I may try that position based on the feedback here.
2023-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules