Disconnected
3197 59 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elcapitan111
lvl.1

United States

I was having the exact problem as you rayrokni. Although it was the last firmware not this newest one. I let it return to home the first couple of times and then realized I still had control and have since been flying it back to me L.O.S, the whole time the screen is black and it says disconnected. I found on my IPhone 6, that I can press the home button and then clicking back on the app, it reconnects. Ive only flown twice on the latest firmware so I cant confirm it is still happening yet.
2015-8-6
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

michaelangelo Posted at 2015-8-7 07:28
Just got off of the phone with tech support. They advised me to downgrade the FW to the previous ver ...

Is it possible to downgrade both the aircraft and the remote?
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

mikeon Posted at 2015-8-7 05:42
I still can't get beyond the "How to Connect" stage of the app.  I don't think it is the app becau ...

this happened to me. what i did is: i signed in at the user profile, then shut off everyrhing. turn on remote, then the p3 waited 1 minute and then opened the app and went thru a tutorial and then entered camera mode with no problems.
hope this helps you
2015-8-6
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-7 09:45
this happened to me. what i did is: i signed in at the user profile, then shut off everyrhing. tur ...

Thanks for that, but how do I get that tutorial to come up?  I can't get into the simulator because it says I must connect an aircraft.
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

mikeon Posted at 2015-8-7 10:43
Thanks for that, but how do I get that tutorial to come up?  I can't get into the simulator becaus ...

the tutorial comes up automatically, once it detects  the p3. just follow exactly what i described above and see if that works
2015-8-6
Use props
aviin
lvl.1

United States

I had issues on my iPad Mini 2 identical to these on firmware 1.1.9 (and a "B" RC) with the last release of DJI Pilot before the switch to DJI Go.  Literally this happened on my first flight with the P3.  It happened repeatedly to me that first day and into the second.  I would get the disconnected message, lose FPV and telemetry, but RC control stayed intact (and let me tell you, that is scary as heck when you are flying for the first time).  The problem then went away and hasn't happened again to me (so for two days now, I've had no problems with more than an hour of flight each day; I've only had the P3 for four days now).  I have two theories as to what the problem was and why it disappeared.

Theory 1 - I looked at the channel setting in the app and saw that on Auto, it was always selecting channel 20.  Based on what I was seeing on the display, everything looked like channel 20 should have been a winner.  Just in case, I switched over to manual and chose channel 14, which also had all the hallmarks of being a good choice for me.  The problem hasn't occurred again since I did this.  Channels 14 and 20 still look good when I check them on the app, but I have kept it on manual on channel 14.  I am still on 1.1.9 but using DJI Go now, for reference (I will likely update firmwares this weekend).

Theory 2 - All of my equipment, including the iPad, was brand new, but the lightning cable is a cheap off-brand affair.  I'm wondering if some errant bit of debris in the USB end of the cable (perhaps a bit of plastic; this cable is super cheap quality and looks a little "rough around the edges", if you know what I mean) could have been the issue, causing a poor connection between the tablet and the RC.  Now that I've been plugging and unplugging it fairly often, I wonder if that could have eventually worked some bit of rough overflow plastic out of the connector, now letting the connection be made properly.  So, even if you've got a good quality cable, perhaps you've got a bit of debris stuck in the lightning port on the iPad or the USB port on the RC.  Some of you might recall awhile back that it was all over the web that people were having issues with getting iDevices to charge and Apple came out and said that the number one cause of this problem was a bit of pocket lint getting into the lightning port.  iDevices seem to want super solid connections or they have problems.  Here's an article on engadget explaining one way of cleaning out the lightning port (which would work equally well on the USB port on the RC or even the USB end of a cable).

Maybe this won't help anyone.  Or maybe it'll solve someone's problem.  It can't hurt to check either way.  But speaking as someone who had this issue on 1.1.9, I think blaming the new firmware might be premature, at least in some cases.

Best of luck!
2015-8-6
Use props
craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12123 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here. Prior to new app and new firmware I've had no issues to report. New firmware, new go app, all updated, all batteries and tx too. Just reported to DJI NA support too.  Had complete signal loss/disconnect around ~500ft/~169ft height from home. First flight since firmware update yesterday. Cold IMU calib this morning at home in basement, on location checked all my settings, and I recorded the whole flight with Shou - must have been meant to happen because I have never had an issue prior.  Prior to takeoff (10:25am 76°F) ~100% p3, ~95% RC, ~98% iPhone and compass calibrated (<1500): upon start-up using the go app actually crashed my iPhone 6+ and caused the phone to restart (another first btw), noticed tons of fpv/video lag and dropped frames while sitting on the ground, also had hardware decode on and video cache off (I don't use director), Upon take off and flew normal but video/fpv feed was lagging and dropping frames again up until complete disconnect. Tried to restart the app, tried another app and unable to reestablish  connection. Luckily RC/tx maintained control came closer to home and still did not reconnect. Landed safely. Powered off, reinstalled same battery, powered up and re-established connection.  Been reading a lot about channels and potential issues with USB cable, the USB itself, and potential that the RC has an issue and needs replacement. Prior to the app update and firmware, I've never experienced this.
2015-8-7
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-7 11:33
the tutorial comes up automatically, once it detects  the p3. just follow exactly what i described ...

I tried it about 6 times now, taking each step in the exact order.  No tutorial comes up.  Thanks anyway.  DJI is saying I need to send it in for repair.  
2015-8-7
Use props
GDS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 589393 ft
Thailand

Add my name to the list!
Been flying my P3P glitch free for a month with FW 1.1.8
Updated today to 1.3.2 and now the video feed cuts out for a few seconds every half minute or so (flying at 15m alt. between 10 and 50 metres out on the first test flight).
Will try rebooting the iPad air2 and swapping the cable out, and try again.
Will report back, but I'm pretty peeved ATM as I was using the bird for filming for business.
Cheers,
GDS
//EDIT//
The plot thickens... I just checked the footage cached on the iPad, and that does not have the breakup & black/blank sections that i was viewing live during the flight!
Too dark to fly now, will try again tomorrow.
//2nd EDIT// - SOLVED (I hope)
OK, been poking around at the remote contoller and iPad, here in the office, with the phantom turned on sitting outside in the garden....
I have been able to reproduce the effect (broken image on the iPad live screen, followed by "disconnected" message on the diplsay).
I achieved this by wiggling the RC end of the USB cable. Now, this was a 3rd party "short" iPad cable I was using! (quite successfully until now). I swapped it for the meter long original Apple iPad cable and BINGO! I could not reproduce the problem no matter how hard I tried to wiggle the plug or cable.
Hope this info helps some of you folks track down a solution to your issues. If I still have a problem flying tomorrow, I'll be posting back.
Cheers,
GDS
2015-8-7
Use props
pixeleyz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a red "disconnected" message in the app and thought there was something seriously wrong with the app, remote, or P3.  Turned out it was the cord to the iPhone.  My hood is a little snug, so the cord sometimes is pressed against the hood's inner side wall, and that causes the jack to come slightly loose. It still looks like it is plugged in, but if it is slightly ajar, it will report a red blinking disconnect in the app. This could account for many of the problems reported here.  The remote and the P3 will still be perfectly connected as reported in the original post. The only thing that is really disconnected is the iPhone!  This would also happen if the USB end of the iPhone cord came slightly loose at the remote.
2015-8-7
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Netherlands

@GDS

I did the same and used the original Apple lightning cable instead of the shorter third party version. Most of the above mentioned problems I also experienced were gone but I still have some issues with lag and bad image transmission.
2015-8-7
Use props
ron.armes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27362 ft
France

Stealth... Posted at 2015-8-8 03:16
@GDS

I did the same and used the original Apple lightning cable instead of the shorter third party  ...

I had the same problem which I had never had before, then realised that I had not set the iPhone to airplane mode.
I did that and have had no problems since.
2015-8-7
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Netherlands

ron.armes@gmail Posted at 2015-8-8 03:47
I had the same problem which I had never had before, then realised that I had not set the iPhone t ...

The iPad air 2 I use was also in flightmode and I also disabled the video-caching.
2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ron.armes@gmail Posted at 2015-8-8 03:47
I had the same problem which I had never had before, then realised that I had not set the iPhone t ...

Ok, update:
I uninstalled the new DJI GO app and reinstalled it on my iphone6+. I took it out today, an overcast not crazy hot day.
Started RC, p3, the app took off and straight away disconnected sign, so I flew around LOS, it kept connecting and disconnecting. 2nd battery, took off the life proof case, in case it was overheating in the case, same result. 3rd battery, I came to the forum and looked up my thread, and saw the airplane mode on phone reply from you. I had always left that on with previous DJI pilot app and never had any problems, I know it is advisable to do that but since I never had any issues b4 I was reluctant to change that, but since this issue was driving me crazy, I know it is a short drive!!!, I turned airplane mode on and flew third battery, well I be ....., no disconnect problems at all. 4th battery, btw, all the flights were at exact same location, flew like a champ and no disconnect at all.

So, I will keep you guys up to date as to whether that has solved the problem or not.

Thanks to everyone for your inputs, I'll buy you lunch if I ever see you guys around.
2015-8-7
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-7 00:13
Happening to me also, I have the Inspire 1.
I came to the phantom forums to see if this was happe ...

Exact same here with p3pro and "poor" reception, yet the bars at the top sat full. I thought that was weird too.
2015-8-7
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-7 02:19
Do t worry, just fly in Los!!! The only thing u gotta start video b4 take off and then guess!!! lo ...

That doesn't work for those of us trying to  tilt or pan on a subject.
2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Beau Posted at 2015-8-8 05:57
That doesn't work for those of us trying to  tilt or pan on a subject.

hence i said guess!! i was being a smart ass!!
btw i think i found what the problem of disconnect was.
2015-8-7
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-8 06:13
hence i said guess!! i was being a smart ass!!
btw i think i found what the problem of disconnect  ...

Yeah? what did you find?
2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Beau Posted at 2015-8-8 06:16
Yeah? what did you find?

look 3 or four responses b4 this one
2015-8-7
Use props
pixeleyz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

pixeleyz Posted at 2015-8-7 09:24
I had a red "disconnected" message in the app and thought there was something seriously wrong with t ...

I just wanted to add follow-up information.  I've discovered that the iPhone's lightning port can get dirt and lint building-up inside it, and can create a bad connection with the male jack on the cord.  If this happens, clean it with a wooden toothpick, not with anything metal!   Once you get the dirt out of the port, you will find it now connects/plugs-in like new! The dirt will be flat along the very back of the lightning port, making it impossible for the male jack to insert fully.
2015-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules