1196 17 2022-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
Croatia

Hello, fellow flyers.

I am sorry to repost; I accidentally locked the first one and could not remove the password protection.

@moderator->sorry for my mistake.

So, here we go again.

I just bought some five days ago my first drone ever, the MINI SE.
I need it for several projects, especially for taking aerial
photos of the beautiful Croatian coast and national parks, and I plan to combine aerial and "classic" photography.

I would have bought a more dedicated drone for photography with 4K if I knew how to fly it, but I don't, so I decided to begin with the SE fly more combo pack and a two-year refreshment plan. The device paired to the controller is a Samsung S8+, which works like a marvel. (Do not forget to enable the USB debugging mode)-link to do so is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V4AdE3D0D0

Since my last experience with RC flying was in the
late 1980's with a beautiful Graupner Bell 222h, I realized
I have to learn from scratch, so there is no point in buying the more expensive semi-professional device to crash it or experience a flyaway.

I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to put it in the operational state.

Since it has been very windy the past few days and the drone+remote were charged and ready to fly, I decided to fly indoors.

After being warned to fly with caution by the app since there is no GPS assistance, I took off and forgot the camera to focus on my flying "skills."

To cut a long story short, the device behaves
like a marvel in my 25 sq meters (circa 270 sq feet) living room.

For my first flight, I covered the TV and HI-FI and some other delicate stuff with nylon sheets, but after having
depleted the 1 st battery; I removed it because the SE behaves like a well-trained dog.

I started slowly to get the feeling in my fingers, but after five sessions of 3 batteries in a row, I began to feel
the drone and started filming my living room for training.

Incredibly intuitive and reactive machine. The general build quality is above my expectations.

I know that I still have to learn a lot, but I have the feeling that the SE will be ideal for my purposes, mainly since my plans include always flying in the line of sight
and taking photos.

This is the drone to begin with when you have zero knowledge in this area.

We shall see what will happen in the "real world" outside
my apartment but so far, so good.

Even my wife said it is a superb gadget and tried it out, which is my ultimate approval.

2022-8-2
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

what the hack ?!
2022-8-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  Mini SE is a great beginner's drone.  
2022-8-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Enjoy your new drone
2022-8-2
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

Dear Monsieur Blériot, thank you very much for your kind message.

Even though I bought this drone for aerial footage, I am playing with it, and it makes me happy as if I were 16 and not 56 years old. If you ask me, some people are born old, and some never grow up to be
a seriously dull "adult."

Of course, I'll do (or crash the drone trying) some fantastic shots and footage with it during the late summer because the landscape is divine. I just can t wait until tomorrow to take it for a fly since I have a day off
on Wednesday, and the weather forecast is fine. I chose three locations to begin my real-life training.

1-A square mile some 10 minutes by car from my house -> 45.84444710712709, 15.948065952403272   -Not so wonderful but no people or objects in the vicinity.

2- The most beautiful park in my town is named Maksimir with five lakes -> 45.83214398201534, 16.02509318455865

3- The Medvednica mountain, because my town is on the foothill of that mountain with its iconic TV tower (elevation 1035m /3395 feet) and in winter,
it hosts two world ski cup events -> 45.917786784030795, 15.96646021109549.

I wish you many soft landings.
2022-8-2
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

Dear Monsieur Blériot, thank you very much for your kind message.

Even though I bought this drone for aerial footage, I am playing with it, and it makes me happy as if I were 16 and not 56 years old. If you ask me, some people are born old, and some never grow up to be
a seriously dull "adult."

Of course, I'll do (or crash the drone trying) some fantastic shots and footage with it during the late summer because the landscape is divine. I just can t wait until tomorrow to take it for a fly since I have a day off
on Wednesday, and the weather forecast is fine. I chose three locations to begin my real-life training.

1-A square mile some 10 minutes by car from my house -> 45.84444710712709, 15.948065952403272   -Not so wonderful but no people or objects in the vicinity.

2- The most beautiful park in my town is named Maksimir with five lakes -> 45.83214398201534, 16.02509318455865

3- The Medvednica mountain, because my town is on the foothill of that mountain with its iconic TV tower (elevation 1035m /3395 feet) and in winter,
it hosts two world ski cup events -> 45.917786784030795, 15.96646021109549.

I wish you many soft landings.
2022-8-2
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-2 09:07
Thanks for sharing.  Mini SE is a great beginner's drone.

Thanks, RDB
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thanks for sharing this first experience of yours with your DJI Mini SE. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support and happy flying!
2022-8-3
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

Thanks for your warm welcome, Paladin.  The device works like a marvel. I will reach you guys if there are any issues, but it flies as it should for the moment.

Have a great day

S.
2022-8-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome Sanyin.  

Have a great day and keep flying.
2022-8-3
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-3 04:35
You're very welcome Sanyin.  

Have a great day and keep flying.

Thanks,  dear RDB-a very pleasant people "flying" on the forum.

Have a great weekend ahead and only soft landings -
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sanyin Posted at 8-4 10:49
Thanks,  dear RDB-a very pleasant people "flying" on the forum.

Have a great weekend ahead and only soft landings -

Thank you very much.    

You too have a wonderful weekend.  
2022-8-4
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

I love this MINI SE   Have not been to fly it out yet because the meteorological conditions were ultra windy, but it is hovering in my flat with zero satellites. It is so precise indoors (in C mode, though, which I d recommend for any new user with a first drone.) I am flying in my flat 5 cm from the plasma TV or HI-FI system,

Today, it proved to be wind resistant opened all the windows, and it was pretty windy outside. My flat was full of drafts (scale 1-2), and it was easy to keep it in place manually

But when indoors and there is no wind, It turns on a dime." These five days of indoors flying begin to pay out with "finger memory and good reactions from my side. Just start in C mode and take it easy."

The S mode is definitely for outdoors flying for a beginner, but the C mode is excellent for keeping things under control. Maybe I just bought the sound machine, but the performances are impressive.
At least as far as I am concerned. Yaw control-perfect-up down very progressive when you put your mind and fingers to it -
Lateral flying and control 98% -100% accurate.

I had not had a single contact with my drone. Even hovering 5 cm from the porcelain tea cups or other fragile objects-walls is neither funny nor exciting as hovering near fragile stuff.

I wonder what a beast it would be if it had $235 worth of components instead of half that value, but hey, they have to make a buck too.

I'll keep this baby for a year, and then buy something more serious from DJI -money and will be well invested-I feel that there s gonna be new models in a year at DJI-And they are ultra-intuitive as fun to fly as to work with.

So far, my overall personal rating is 95% for indoors.

Tomorrow there should be no wind - can't wait.

Fly happy-Fly well and Fly safe my friends.

2022-8-6
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Thank s for sharing - onward and upward.
2022-8-6
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

Thanks for your kind words,  Captain Bob Mini 2

What was supposed to be a tool became a passion in six days of indoor flying, and the baby will fly real high in a couple of hours (even less now). At least more than 4 meters I dare to go up in my flat, but I gained invaluable experience in my finger "memory." It is also possible that I was lucky to buy a very sound model because the shop where I bought it just got a "fresh delivery of the latest models of SE's-that is what they told me. The device is relatively quiet and impresses me most: hovering indoors with zero satellites for over 3 minutes before moving less than one inch on the left.

The compass is true North from the package, I tested all 3 batts, and each provided 25+ min before the alarm, but this is indoors, so I predict some excellent 20+ min outdoors, which is still one good hour -God bless the fly more combo and the refreshment 2 years plan. It gives a certain peace of mind.

What was supposed to be a "tool" has grown into a flying passion and a flying camera.

Not a bad picture, and I did not touch the cam settings.

It is dawning; this baby of mine is going to fly high today

Best,

S.

All three batteries are charged, the RC+mobile device charged, and I am a bit overcharged

2022-8-6
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Sweden

THE SE THE BEST DRONE AT THIS PRICE POINT -PERIOD

Hello, fellow flyers and DJI fans.  A lot has passed in this month. I fell in love with the concept of flying cameras and flying for fun for the sake of flying while flying. (This is why I buy the Avata in 6 months, and I hope they'll improve the flying time but return to the SE).

I flew a lot this month, from 02/08/2022 until today, 02/09/2022- 30 days of a flying couple of hours every day getting familiar with the manual mode for the camera, and even if 2.7K, this camera is good. It gives
rich tones, and if you are a good photographer and know how to play with ISO, shutter speed, and all the options offered in the camera menu, the static photos are also very, very good.

I was pleasantly surprised with how well this drone behaves and how intuitive it is when you fly it for the first time. Rainy day, and it flew indoors like a charm two minor crashes in over 10 hrs indoors flying, so very good electronic inside-it does not bank or tilt and is perfectly aligned with the horizon; I left it hovering for 20 min indoors once, and the thing moved 4 cm from the point where I initially left it hovering (measured with a laser) doors and windows closed and altitude 235 cm (my ceiling is 250, so I left a healthy 15 cm gap) any lower, and it would suffer from the ground effect and would have moved much more
This would translate into more lateral movement in an unpredictable direction without satellites in my living room.

I am already looking forward to buying the mini three pro or waiting a little longer and buying the Mavic 3 with the Hasselblad because I have a background in photography and am an amateur photographer even though for the price of the Mavic 3 I could more easily buy both Avata and Mini 3 Pro (almost) The fact is that even this mini SE can put a smile on my face every time I take it to fly with three fully charged batteries.

I am fifty-six years old, but I always felt younger and like a little kid flying my SE ; it is like part flying above the camera rofl. Always flying safe in C or P mode or sometimes in S mode but would not change my SE for anything; even when I buy the M3 or Mini 3 pro and Avata, this little fellow will follow wherever I go.

I am considering buying the Avata because I spend a lot of time on the coast, and there are beautiful empty non-geofenced spaces. Five days ago, I lifted the beast 150 meters from a bench in the park where µIµ live and wanted to go higher today but had a warning of the proximity of military installations over 2 miles away.  And it did that as soon as I reached ten meters today and five days ago Same place I lifted the drone directly above my head to 150 meters getting the altitude alert and a question will I continue rising and since the flying theater is on a foothill of a mountain with zero aerial traffic I confirmed but 20 or 30 meters signal got intermittent and I landed.

This is a great drone. I am sure that I stumbled upon one of those sets that work well from the beginning to the end , not to jinx it lol, I am going to fly, so bye...

PS any suggestion as to Mavic 3 or Mini 3 are welcome (is it worth the price difference, experiences of owners etc are most welcome, sending 2€ per good advice so you can buy a beer to your Paypal account if someone gives me really good advice You have my word.
So I can buy avata+mini pro three or Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 and the Avata much later if I buy the Hasselblad version which is super attractive but I am sure that the mini 3 pro does a great job that is why I need your input. I can pay in up to 36 installments in my country so what would you do in my shoes?

Thanks
EDIT 2 the DJI would make a huge fuzz and super marketing move with consequent consumer demand USING THE PLATFORM OF THE SE AND SWITCHED TO OCCU SYNC AND PUT ON A 4 K CAM  with these two easy moves to implement in the production process it could be named SE4Kos-These are really easy things to implement and would make good use of the excellent platform SE provides-just my 2 cents, but this would shake the market because it cannot be that much more expensive compared to the SE original

fly well and crashless
Cheers

2022-9-2
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

I was flying mostly in S mode for fun and am becoming confident by the day, which reflects in the pictures too.

Great little beast.
I am still playing with the ISO, shutter speed, etc, so the pics will be better in time; anyway, today it was flying for fun first (FFFF)

2022-9-4
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Croatia

Hey, do you know how two drones say hello to each other? ->"What's Up?" -
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules