Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly App v1.6.12 & Mini 3 Pro FW v01.00.0300
123Next >
6236 89 2022-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted previously on July 29th asking if anybody had seen the new firmware for the Mini 3 Pro as I was told by DJI Support that firmware update would make it compatible with the RC Pro controller.  One of the posters said that an update to the controller would also be needed.  So once again I queried DJI Support to ask when the update would be issued.  Email received just now and I'll quote below.

"Regarding to your inquiry, please note that the new Mini 3 Pro firmware v01.00.0300  will be released as well as the new DJI Fly app v1.6.12 on Aug 2, seems it  has not reached to your country but should be very soon.  Once it is  available, you can update the app first by downloading it in this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. Then the firmware should be available to be updated in the newer app and you can use the Mini 3 Pro with the RC Pro controller.

Hope the instruction above helps. Any further questions, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and take care.
Thanks for choosing DJI!"

So be on the lookout for updates as they roll out across all the countries.  

2022-8-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not showing for me today yet.
2022-8-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-2 23:15
Not showing for me today yet.

Same thing here.  Bit odd as I've had 3 different DJI Support personnel confirm via email that it was released on August 2nd.  I've tried checking the DJI download site and it still shows Fly App v.1.6.8 but if you click on it then it will download v1.6.9.  I even checked using Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) and shows no updates available  for RC Pro, RC or Mini 3.  

So maybe I have been bamboozled.  

2022-8-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-3 04:55
Same thing here.  Bit odd as I've had 3 different DJI Support personnel confirm via email that it was released on August 2nd.  I've tried checking the DJI download site and it still shows Fly App v.1.6.8 but if you click on it then it will download v1.6.9.  I even checked using Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) and shows no updates available  for RC Pro, RC or Mini 3.  

So maybe I have been bamboozled.

Nothing in the Apple App Store either.  
2022-8-3
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185659 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I read this with great interest as I’ve been hoping and looking forward to having compatability between the RC Pro and the M3P, needless to say I’ve checked out all the options for downloading and updating all the firmwares and sadly it’s not available to me either, hope it is real soon!
2022-8-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still not available today the 4th August.
2022-8-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 07:46
Nothing in the Apple App Store either.

Yeah, I check again last evening and nothing.  
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 22:38
Still not available today the 4th August.

Just checked again and nothing.  Emailed DJI Technical Support for the 4th time about why if it was released August 2nd nobody is seeing it worldwide.  Of course, no response to date.  Might be time to raise the BS flag.  
2022-8-4
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185659 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 07:08
Just checked again and nothing.  Emailed DJI Technical Support for the 4th time about why if it was released August 2nd nobody is seeing it worldwide.  Of course, no response to date.  Might be time to raise the BS flag.

I’ve been checking continuously since I read the original post you made and, sadly, not available to me either! This would have been fantastic but I’m not giving up hope yet, it would seem the logical development but who are we to try and understand DJI’s strategy, it would be really helpful if DJI would make a public statement as to their plans with respect to the RC Pro!
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Adiemask Posted at 8-4 07:28
I’ve been checking continuously since I read the original post you made and, sadly, not available to me either! This would have been fantastic but I’m not giving up hope yet, it would seem the logical development but who are we to try and understand DJI’s strategy, it would be really helpful if DJI would make a public statement as to their plans with respect to the RC Pro!

From being on the forum for several years I've never seen the Mods/Admins be able to publicly announce  things.  They usually post to keep an eye on the official DJI website.  

I thought that since I had been provided this Fly App update by number and Mini 3 Pro FW update from 3 different DJI Tech Support personnel that it could be relied on but now I'm thinking I may have been bamboozled or else something came up at the last moment to keep the App and FW update from being released.  

So for the meantime I will just continue to fly the Mini 3 with the RC.  
2022-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still nothing this morning,      I think they may have been a bit premature with the info they gave you.
2022-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe its time to escalate this one to Frank.
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-4 22:38
Still nothing this morning,      I think they may have been a bit premature with the info they gave you.

Same here....absolutely nothing.  If I only had an email from one Support Technician I'd think he was misinformed but since I have emails from 4 different Support Technicians all repeating August 2nd as release date for Fly App v.1.6.12 and Mini 3 Pro FW v01.00.0300 it's hard to believe all have been misinformed.  Either I've been bamboozled or there was a major issue and the release was delayed.  However, if that was the case why did the reply from August 4 not say it has been delayed?  There is just something very suspicious about this whole thing.
2022-8-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Maybe its time to escalate this one to Frank.

May well be.  
2022-8-5
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Well, my rc pro is currently on 1.6.9 (1005-official)

The question I have is, to give the rc pro comparability with the mini 3 a matter of updating the fly app, or is it a ‘controller’ update

I didn’t have my rc pro when they added the air 2s support…. What happened then ? Fly app update and/or a controller update

Thanks in advance.
2022-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Maybe its time to escalate this one to Frank.

Latest news from email this morning.  Delayed, no new date for release.  Must have had issues/bugs.

6AUG_REPLY.jpg
2022-8-6
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-6 04:07
Latest news from email this morning.  Delayed, no new date for release.  Must have had issues/bugs.[Image]

Hi

Who are you getting the updates from ? I chased support myself re 1.6.12 and got this reply…

Thank you very much for your attention to DJI RC Pro. Currently, DJI RC Pro only supports Mavic 3 and DJI Air 2S. We have not received any notification of adaptation for other models. Please rest assured and keep attention to our website update notes.
2022-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-6 04:07
Latest news from email this morning.  Delayed, no new date for release.  Must have had issues/bugs.

Curious,   I will check again on Monday.
2022-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ZippyT Posted at 8-6 23:12
Hi

Who are you getting the updates from ? I chased support myself re 1.6.12 and got this reply…

As you can see in Post 16 the latest reply was from John Z.  

I'm still skeptical about the replies as why would they skip versions of Fly App from 1.6.9 to 1.6.12?  

Hopefully, the delay is to fix some bugs before it is released.  Could also be related to the move from one of the buildings DJI is in to another location.  Just guessing, so we'll just have to wait and see when the update comes out.  
2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-6 23:47
Curious,   I will check again on Monday.

Same here.  
2022-8-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not showing yet for me today.  
2022-8-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-8 01:23
Not showing yet for me today.

Same here DA.  Bit frustrating, especially when initial email stated it had been released on 8/2.  My only hope is that they discovered a major bug and held up the release to fix it.  Otherwise, they bamboozled me.  The other odd things was why were they skipping from 1.6.9 to 1.6.12 on the Fly App versions?

I'll just wait now until the Fly App prompts me to update.  
2022-8-8
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

No update yet
2022-8-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-8 02:36
Same here DA.  Bit frustrating, especially when initial email stated it had been released on 8/2.  My only hope is that they discovered a major bug and held up the release to fix it.  Otherwise, they bamboozled me.  The other odd things was why were they skipping from 1.6.9 to 1.6.12 on the Fly App versions?

I'll just wait now until the Fly App prompts me to update.

Still nothing this morning which is handy and Im just about to fly and if it was available I would HAVE to update.  
2022-8-8
Use props
ZippyT
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-8 22:52
Still nothing this morning which is handy and Im just about to fly and if it was available I would HAVE to update.

At least they are not like windows updates
2022-8-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZippyT Posted at 8-8 23:27
At least they are not like windows updates

I have those disabled on my Windows machines and apply them manually when I choose.
2022-8-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, not sure why the App and firmware update was not released on 8/2 as originally told to  me in an email.  Maybe they found a major bug at the last minute and held up the release to fix it.  Just more waiting on our part.
2022-8-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-8 22:52

Same here.  I did see where they cleaned up the top of the forum which usually indicates a new firmware or App update is coming.  Hopefully, this is the case anyway.  Still a bit uncertain as to why the Fly App would jump from 1.6.9 to 1.6.12.
2022-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-9 04:07
Same here.  I did see where they cleaned up the top of the forum which usually indicates a new firmware or App update is coming.  Hopefully, this is the case anyway.  Still a bit uncertain as to why the Fly App would jump from 1.6.9 to 1.6.12.

No signs today.
2022-8-10
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Holidays!!!
2022-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

oh Is it a China holiday:?
2022-8-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Just checked, same negative results.  DJI must really be holding back on this update.
2022-8-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Which holiday????  Doesn't show on Chinese Holiday calendar.
2022-8-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-10 03:34
oh Is it a China holiday:?

I'm not seeing a holiday on the calendar.  Not sure what he is referring to.

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/
2022-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-10 03:52
Just checked, same negative results.  DJI must really be holding back on this update.

I think the guy you are in contact with is riding you up.
2022-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-10 03:54
I'm not seeing a holiday on the calendar.  Not sure what he is referring to.

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

Weird,  but there is another guy on the forum asking where to download the 1.6.12 release.  
2022-8-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-10 03:56
I think the guy you are in contact with is riding you up.

Not only one guy but 3. I have received replies from 3 different DJI Tech Support guys and they all claim the same thing that Fly App 1.6.12 and Mini 3 FW v01.00.0300 would be released on 8/2.  Other reply said it had been released but possibly not available in my region yet but would soon be.  Latest email said delayed and was from an entirely different Tech Support person.  Seems like if that many knew about the upgrade it would not be a hoax but yet here we are 8 days past the supposed release date and now they have gone silent and no longer reply to emails.  Go figure.
2022-8-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-10 04:10
Weird,  but there is another guy on the forum asking where to download the 1.6.12 release.

Maybe he saw the title of my thread and assumed it was out.  

The DJI download site still shows v.1.6.8 but if you click to download it shows 1.6.9.  No .12 available and again seems weird that they would skip .10 and .11 doesn't it.
2022-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-10 04:17
Maybe he saw the title of my thread and assumed it was out.  

The DJI download site still shows v.1.6.8 but if you click to download it shows 1.6.9.  No .12 available and again seems weird that they would skip .10 and .11 doesn't it.

The 10 and 11 builds could have had bugs found in internal testing.
2022-8-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-10 04:34
The 10 and 11 builds could have had bugs found in internal testing.

So instead of fixing the bug they just skip to the next version?  Or maybe it is just easier to do new version than flush out all the bugs?
2022-8-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules