18310 187 2022-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PietPompies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145315 ft

South Africa

The Saint Posted at 12-12 09:26
my opinion is you need to buy the right equipment that is suitable for the task you are trying to accomplish.  what you desire is [mostly] available in many drones already on the market and it isn't necessary to buy something "inferior" and then have to wait for the manufacturer to make it happen.  it would be like needed to haul lumber and farm equipment from one side of your farm to the other but buying a vw beetle instead of an f150.  the mini 3 pro does not have waypoints and probably won't soon so don't waste your time and money; get the mavic 3 or a used mavic 2.  of course you can fly the mini 3 wherever you wish but you'll have to do so manually instead of automatically.  unless you want to get a mini 2 and take advantage of 3rd party software that already provides these features.

The MINI 3 PRO is not "incapable of", since it does do waypoints perfectly well in hyperlapse, and therefore not "inferior" at all. All it needs, is to be allowed in software, to do so. "#Wayponts!" now exists...
2022-12-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

The saint is completely right. Lately on this forum there has been an emergence of people buying first and looking at specs later.
DJI is not innocent in this matter. Their communication is unclear. However, it would be easy to clearly add on the product page "mission waypoint capable or not or coming soon"
2022-12-12
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.2

South Africa

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-12 09:42
The saint is completely right. Lately on this forum there has been an emergence of people buying first and looking at specs later.
DJI is not innocent in this matter. Their communication is unclear. However, it would be easy to clearly add on the product page "mission waypoint capable or not or coming soon"

There is a difference between "specs" (hardware capability / incapability), as opposed to what can be achieved with software (lets call it "features"). If waypoints can be done in hyperlapse, then the hardware capability has been pretty much demonstrated. If the CPU and RAM in the MINI 3 PRO is not capable, of executing the processing of waypoint flight required, due to vastly lower "specs" than the MAVIC 3 in this respect - then, yes - point taken. If it is a case of "features" (not yet) been tested, released, or commercially allowed, then it might be a different story all together. DJI released the "feature" of #Waypoints - I think they have done a beyond superb job of it! (better than 3rd party apps - strategically, well done!)

The power is in the numbers, get the little ones out there!
2022-12-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

PietPompies Posted at 12-12 09:38
The MINI 3 PRO is not "incapable of", since it does do waypoints perfectly well in hyperlapse, and therefore not "inferior" at all. All it needs, is to be allowed in software, to do so. "#Wayponts!" now exists...

incapable and unsuitable have different meanings in the new world.  
2022-12-12
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.2

South Africa

The difference between Waypoints and No-Waypoints, is the difference between Autonomous flight, and non-Autonomous flight - the one is a drone, and the other one is a pet on a leash. Perhaps, non-registered pets, are not allowed to be drones? Or, drones won't like pets, to also be capable of flying themselves, in the New World?

2022-12-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PietPompies Posted at 12-12 11:51
The difference between Waypoints and No-Waypoints, is the difference between Autonomous flight, and non-Autonomous flight - the one is a drone, and the other one is a pet on a leash. Perhaps, non-registered pets, are not allowed to be drones? Or, drones won't like pets, to also be capable of flying themselves, in the New World?

yeah but that's not true

the skydio 2 does not have waypoints and you cannot tell it where to fly, launch it, fire and forget, wait for it to come home.

yet the skydio 2 is probably one of the most autonomous drones on the consumer market meaning it can fly all by itself without crashing and with very little to no input from the pilot.  it is 100 times more autonomous than the mavic 2.  <- see what i did there?

you know english.  you just like to play on the words to make your point.
2022-12-12
Use props
provanguard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74911 ft
Denmark

I also would really really really like to have waypoints implemented in the Mini 3 PRO.
2022-12-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

The Saint Posted at 12-12 12:18
yeah but that's not true

the skydio 2 does not have waypoints and you cannot tell it where to fly, launch it, fire and forget, wait for it to come home.

But yes like the majority of drone buyers who realized after purchase that it is not as he imagined. Guys, buy used Mavic 2s, it's a safe bet!
2022-12-12
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.2

South Africa

Look, this is a mere request to @DJI to extend the brilliant #Waypoints to the MINI 3 PRO as well.

How many +1's is out there?
2022-12-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

PietPompies Posted at 12-12 12:43
Look, this is a mere request to @DJI to extend the brilliant #Waypoints to the MINI 3 PRO as well.

"How many +1's is out there?"
Certainly a negligible fraction of the number of sales that DJI makes every day.
2022-12-12
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2799403 ft
Italy

+1 For waypoint! Please DJI make it happen!
2022-12-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PietPompies Posted at 12-12 12:43

im a plus one and i would like it to happen as well.  i have a m3p and i also have 4 other drones with waypoints/missions but i would still like it to happen for the m3p.  the difference between you (and others) and me is i don't claim dji is blocking a feature already in the drone trying to force you buy a different (more expensive) drone.  i don't claim i will withhold my purchase or return my recent purchase unless dji does what i say.  and lastly, i don't falsely claim i didn't know a dji drone couldn't execute autonomous flight all by itself and i was misled or tricked because the word "pro" is printed on the drone's arm.  asides from those assertions, i'm happy to support the effort (this one and the ones in several other threads).
2022-12-12
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.2

South Africa

The Saint Posted at 12-12 15:33
im a plus one and i would like it to happen as well.  i have a m3p and i also have 4 other drones with waypoints/missions but i would still like it to happen for the m3p.  the difference between you (and others) and me is i don't claim dji is blocking a feature already in the drone trying to force you buy a different (more expensive) drone.  i don't claim i will withhold my purchase or return my recent purchase unless dji does what i say.  and lastly, i don't falsely claim i didn't know a dji drone couldn't execute autonomous flight all by itself and i was misled or tricked because the word "pro" is printed on the drone's arm.  asides from those assertions, i'm happy to support the effort (this one and the ones in several other threads).

No claims, mere requests to DJI... @The Saint - thanks for being a +1
2022-12-12
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6790833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Since there is no 3rd party support for the mini 3 pro and hyperlapse already has waypoints, i would ask DJI to please implement this in the regular flight modes as well! Please add waypoints to normal flight for the mini 3 pro!!!
2022-12-12
Use props
backcountryFlyer
New
United States

+1 here.  Mini 3 pro is first drone with all capabilities needed for remote work where it is impractical to pack in a larger drone.  Documenting change over time in these remote areas requires repeatable waypoint missions and often less experienced research assistants that could not reproduce the same results otherwise.  If actually not supporting iOS in the future, please at least allow it on the dji Remote as you have now done for other drones.  Thanks!
2022-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 fort waypoints being added now that they have for Mavic 3,  And perhaps slow speed mode too..
2022-12-14
Use props
fans2feaae66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-30 14:56
+1 for Waypoints

A true Flintstone fan. Goggles Piseno was Fred Flintstones alter ego when he raced cars one episode! Now THATS oldshool!
2022-12-14
Use props
fans2feaae66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275732 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-2 10:21
ok i get it now.

it's kinda like buying a 2wd vw rabbit and then demanding that vw unlock the block they have that only allowed 2 wheels to drive the car and let all 4 wheels spin (4wd) so you can cross the appalachian mountains during using the gravel trail instead of the paved highway.  and on top of that, why don't vw let you swap out the 12" wheels for the rugged knobby tires that are only offered in 16" or greater so please vw fix your car computer so it doesn't screw up when you blow up the wheel size and rub the fenders when it rotates.  and you want vw to do all of this for you....for free; nevermind a business called tennessee backcountry outfitters who offers this service (not for free) for all cars if you pay them and they can get the specs from vw.  or you can go ahead and buy the vw outback xlt model which is suitable for off-road experiences in the first place.

I beg to differ. We’re not talking about mechanics here we’re discussing updates. Updates don’t add weight and don’t require any physical tweaking of the drone. I’m betting that DJI’s newest completely remodeled drone has the technological capability to achieve this request. Then again, I could be completely wrong. I’d just like an answer from the folks I sent $1,400.00 to for the best under 250 gram drone to date. Not much to ask. Definitely don’t expect them to turn a 2wd into a 4wd
2022-12-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans2feaae66 Posted at 12-14 13:27
I beg to differ. We’re not talking about mechanics here we’re discussing updates. Updates don’t add weight and don’t require any physical tweaking of the drone. I’m betting that DJI’s newest completely remodeled drone has the technological capability to achieve this request. Then again, I could be completely wrong. I’d just like an answer from the folks I sent $1,400.00 to for the best under 250 gram drone to date. Not much to ask. Definitely don’t expect them to turn a 2wd into a 4wd

what if full-blown waypoints required 6gb memory minimum just to bring up the option (as opposed to 2gb for hyperlapse waypoints) but the drone only has 4gb memory....is it really just an update, do we know for sure?  i don't think we know for sure why; which is what i am saying that lead me to my analogy (buying the right tool for the task instead of relying on an update or modification from the manufacturer).

ok a better example would be buying the apple watch and then demand that apple turns on facetime in the watch because it's just an "update."  sw updates can't perform miracles.

personally i think there are a lot of factors that go into waypoints for the mini 3 pro and it has more to do with timing and resources and other "issues" and have much less to do with price points and unlocking features and product differentiation (which is 1980s and 1990s think).  it's 2022 we don't do it that way any more.  adding waypoints to the mini 3 pro will not sell not even a single addition drone.  by the same token, subtracting waypoints from the mini 3 pro won't block not even a single drone sale.  metaphorically speaking of course.  my boss says we can launch the mini 3 pro in may without it or december with it, what would you do?  of course december turns into february into april....

i predict we will get it one day.  obviously they were working on mavic 3 and it is a little buggy but once they get it right, they will be confident to include it in all dji drones going forward and even few backwards.
2022-12-14
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.2

South Africa

RE: No MINI 3 PRO waypoint missions?

The Saint Posted at 12-14 13:57
what if full-blown waypoints required 6gb memory minimum just to bring up the option (as opposed to 2gb for hyperlapse waypoints) but the drone only has 4gb memory....is it really just an update, do we know for sure?  i don't think we know for sure why; which is what i am saying that lead me to my analogy (buying the right tool for the task instead of relying on an update or modification from the manufacturer).

ok a better example would be buying the apple watch and then demand that apple turns on facetime in the watch because it's just an "update."  sw updates can't perform miracles.

If you want to have #Waypoints, then don't buy a MAVIC 3 - buy the right tool for the job! Oh no, hang on, a firmware update has now changed the MAVIC 3 from the inferior tool for the job, to now be the right tool for the job. Can it do the same for the MINI 3 PRO as well?
2022-12-15
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-14 02:32
+1 fort waypoints being added now that they have for Mavic 3,  And perhaps slow speed mode too..

+1 here too. If possible within any hardware constraints I would love to have waypoints on my Mini 3 Pro.
2022-12-15
Use props
djiuser_Z5tNtEPT89jv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1667346 ft
Australia

I also would like to see waypoint video , I was a user of litchi and would like to see either litchi support for mini 3 pro or DJI step up and add it to the update!
2022-12-15
Use props
djiuser_Z5tNtEPT89jv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1667346 ft
Australia

I also would like to see waypoint video , I was a user of litchi and would like to see either litchi support for mini 3 pro or DJI step up and add it to the update!
2022-12-15
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Z5tNtEPT89jv Posted at 12-15 04:27

This is the first time I've heard of litchi, and it looks nice.  If, for whatever reason, DJI will not support waypoints, they could, at a minimum, provide the SDK to allow 3rd party devs to implement this for the mini 3 pro.
2022-12-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PietPompies Posted at 12-15 00:07
If you want to have #Waypoints, then don't buy a MAVIC 3 - buy the right tool for the job! Oh no, hang on, a firmware update has now changed the MAVIC 3 from the inferior tool for the job, to now be the right tool for the job. Can it do the same for the MINI 3 PRO as well?

c'mon piet, waypoints function is not the holy grail for the m3.  without it, the m3 does whatever it did quiet well.  for the majority of m3 flyers, when waypoints gets add, the m3 capabilities grew by only a tiny bit.  it didn't transform the m3 into a "right tool for the job" drone.  to be honest, most customers who buy the m3 will do so without ever knowing if the m3 has waypoints or not as it has little to no impact to their final decision.  they find out later.  it's a just a drone and very few people study the user guide before they buy it, just like any other piece of electronics.
2022-12-15
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 8-30 19:29
hi blue sky, unfortunately you'll have to work for the firm in order to get the things that you ask for.  i understand the phrase "customers know best" but i actually think you might be taking it a bit too far.  what you are asking for is not unreasonable but it's not likely for the particular product you are asking about.  if you want these things, go out and get them....where they are available....with another product.  it's not as if you can demand these things in the model of your choice....the firm creates the product with the feature set and the offerings within the scope of their own choosing.  it's their choice and as a customer you vote with your dollars.  don't get me wrong, it's ok to ask but try not to make it sounds like demands or pretend like someone is working against you or holding out on you only looking towards profits.  the mini 3 pro is not a cadillac it's a mercedes and it's not meant to cruise around on autopilot as you are immersed in a pair of dreamy goggles.  that costs more money and frankly the target market shouldnt have to pay more for something only a few people want.  anyway if they made a mini 3.5 fpv and tried to sell it for $1500 as you described, hell you prob wouldnt even buy it and dji would be left holding the bag.  i know i might get a couple of tds for this but the truth hurts i guess.

LOL, you can be happy with what you have on your $1000 drone.  Others want more.  You are not DJI so stop acting like you know something others don't.
2022-12-15
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-9 15:25
dji doesnt want anything; actually they could pretty much care less

Right, you know DJI so very well.  LMAO.  I've read countless posts by you acting like you somehow know DJI like you work there or something.  Knock it off, you don't know much.  All you do is confuse people.
2022-12-15
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
United States

+ 1 for waypoints
2022-12-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Element115 Posted at 12-15 08:19
Right, you know DJI so very well.  LMAO.  I've read countless posts by you acting like you somehow know DJI like you work there or something.  Knock it off, you don't know much.  All you do is confuse people.

i dont work at dji.
2022-12-15
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
United States

Right.  So stop acting like you do and stop providing speculation as fact.
2022-12-15
Use props
PhantomX
lvl.3
United States

+1 for Waypoints.
2022-12-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Element115 Posted at 12-15 18:44
Right.  So stop acting like you do and stop providing speculation as fact.

all of my posts are my own opinions; if you want to read more into it after i've told you i don't work at dji, it's up to you.
2022-12-15
Use props
binary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128944 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Blue Sky Posted at 8-30 14:36
Paladin.  Waypoint is absolutely essential for various scenarios.  For example, when on vacation at the beach with a Phantom 3 years ago and Litchi, I was able to sit down at a table while eating lunch and pre plan a 10 minute mission that traveled at roughly 2 m.p.h. with a total radius of roughly 200 feet.  It was my personal video crew that was able to film while walking and swimming along the beach.  I could give 100 other examples but you get the point.  Having access to ground elevation and altitudes etc.  Its absolutely necessary.  I unfortunately will not buy any DJI.product until waypoint (specifically the ability to PRE PLAN on computer or phone etc.).
Extremely disappointed DJI will not include this.  For many people Im sure they could care less but Im positive there are thousands of people not purchasing for this reason.  It mist be installed, period.

From my point of view DJI should either enable waypoints with the Mini 3 Pro in general (not only with hyper lapse) or open the SDK for Litchi. The missing option of waypoints in "normal mode" limits usage of the Mini3P and if DJI expects that I would change to any other DJI drone having waypoint feature they are wrong.
2022-12-20
Use props
Milen Petkov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660115 ft
Bulgaria

+1 for waypoints.
Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC) drone. Let's say that sooner or later there will be Mini 3 Pro support for the Litchi app. How could I use my drone with this Litchi app since this particular DJI RC remote doesn't support installing third-party apps? Or am I missing something?
2022-12-21
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.2

South Africa

In my opinion, if the MINI 3 PRO where to support waypoints, with an firmware update, unlocking further potential of the waypoints currently only in hyperlapse, like the MAVIC 3 does now - then there will be no need for the Litchi app, for the purpose I'd like to use my MINI 3 PRO for - which is daily routine checks around the farm. I do have a MAVIC 3 THERMAL as well, but it is an overkill to use this beast for small daily routine checks. Please @DJI, #Waypoints for the MINI 3 PRO...

2022-12-23
Use props
pancracio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2035545 ft
  • >>>
France

Bonjour
J'attends avec impatience la fonction waypoints sur le dji mini 3 pro .
2022-12-24
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although I don't know this for a fact, I believe the waypoints will NEVER (at least natively by DJI) be available on the "lesser " drones.
First off, they would want a feature to have on the "high-end"/more expensive drone to set it apart from the others.
Secondly and even more important, IMHO, is the almost 360-degree obstacle avoidance in the Mavic 3. The lesser drones don't have that kind of sensing so it is better to not have those doing autonomous longer-distance/out-of-visual-range flights without complete sensor coverage to stop it if it gets too near something. Let's face it, autonomous waypoint flights will enable an operator to set it up and fly without constant attention to the screen and although most operators will set up a waypoint flight above/away from potential obstacles, there will always be those that don't.
But that is the whole issue with no-fly zones/geo-fencing and limitations that DJI puts on their drones. there are still some operators that WILL do stupid, dangerous things and DJI feels they have to at least try to limit that
2022-12-24
Use props
PietPompies
lvl.2

South Africa

jmb63 Posted at 12-24 06:03
Although I don't know this for a fact, I believe the waypoints will NEVER (at least natively by DJI) be available on the "lesser " drones.
First off, they would want a feature to have on the "high-end"/more expensive drone to set it apart from the others.
Secondly and even more important, IMHO, is the almost 360-degree obstacle avoidance in the Mavic 3. The lesser drones don't have that kind of sensing so it is better to not have those doing autonomous longer-distance/out-of-visual-range flights without complete sensor coverage to stop it if it gets too near something. Let's face it, autonomous waypoint flights will enable an operator to set it up and fly without constant attention to the screen and although most operators will set up a waypoint flight above/away from potential obstacles, there will always be those that don't.

The MINI 3 PRO does have a user selectable option "Disable sideways flight" - for those wanting to do so.
Also, "sideways flight" is allowed in the already existing waypoint setup of Hyperlapse.
Waypoints on the MINI 3 PRO would be a mere expansion of the already existing waypoint capability in Hyperlapse.
2022-12-24
Use props
sandervd
New
Netherlands

+1 for Waypoints.
2022-12-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PietPompies Posted at 12-24 07:59
The MINI 3 PRO does have a user selectable option "Disable sideways flight" - for those wanting to do so.
Also, "sideways flight" is allowed in the already existing waypoint setup of Hyperlapse.
Waypoints on the MINI 3 PRO would be a mere expansion of the already existing waypoint capability in Hyperlapse.

"Waypoints on the MINI 3 PRO would be a mere expansion of the already existing waypoint capability in Hyperlapse."

was waypoints on the MAVIC 3 just a "mere expansion" of the already existing waypoint capability in hyperlapse?
2022-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules