DJI Mini 3 SD card is made unaccessible by the drone
5560 16 2022-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edoardosorr
lvl.1
Spain

I just filled up my first SD card on my Mini 3 (previously flew a Mavic 1 Pro) and I am trying to unload all the files on my PC but for some reason the SD card isn't readable, it can be seen but when I try to open it it just says Access Denied, I went further into the permissions and it seems to be working just fine and that my PC just doesn't have Read or Write permissions. The pictures are visible from the controller they just can't be accessed from the SD card and (probably) for that same reason also by USB.
I am 99% sure this is something that happened with the drone as the sd slot in my pc works perfectly with every other SD card and the SD card worked just fine before i started using it with my Mini.  Is there any way to fix this possibly without loosing the footage?
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what speciific SD card are you using with your DJI Mini 3 Pro so we can check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think I saw a possible solution posted somewhere, here or mavic pilots, that was, put the card back into the drone, switch the drone on and connect it, presumably via USB cable, to the computer. It would probably be best to have a fan blowing air over the drone. Then download the images.

If that works I'd be inclined to remove the card from the drone and format it using the computer then shoot one video and test whether or not you download the video when the card is in a reader etc..
If not repeat the above and then reformat the card in the drone and retest.
2022-8-3
Use props
Edoardosorr
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-3 01:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what speciific SD card are you using with your DJI Mini 3 Pro so we can check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for answering, I am currently using a Sandisk Extreme MicroSDHC 32GB
2022-8-3
Use props
Edoardosorr
lvl.1
Italy

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-3 02:58
I think I saw a possible solution posted somewhere, here or mavic pilots, that was, put the card back into the drone, switch the drone on and connect it, presumably via USB cable, to the computer. It would probably be best to have a fan blowing air over the drone. Then download the images.

Thanks for answering, I tried this and it gave the exact same problem, it just said access denied
2022-8-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this happen on a test video.  I formatted the new SD Card in the drone which I've done on all previous DJI drones that I've owned.  Neither of my laptops or PC could read the file from the SD Card.  I then formatted the card in my main laptop and tried another test video with the Mini 3.  This file could then be read on both laptops and the PC.  Intrigued, I tried formatting the SD Card in the Mini 3 and did another short test video.  Once again neither laptop of the PC could read the file.

So now I know that I can only format the SD Card on one of the laptops or the PC if I plan on being able to use the videos produced.  Seems odd  because that is not the case on the Mini 2, Air 2 and Air 2S that I have.  I can format the SD card in those drones and my laptops and PC have no issue reading them.  
2022-8-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edoardosorr Posted at 8-3 03:19
Thanks for answering, I tried this and it gave the exact same problem, it just said access denied

That's a pity.
Other ideas

Do you have a phone with the fly app on it? If so use the wireless transfer from the drone to the phone ( NOT the DJI RC ) and then copy the videos from the phone to your computer.

Do you have access to a Linux computer? If so I am wondering if "root" or the " super user " could change the permissions on the files via the "chmod" command etc.?

Try, via a windows computer, running recovery software on the card as it currently is.

Last gasp approach, try a "quick format" of the card via a windows computer and then run recovery soft ware on the card but that would be a last gasp approach as it may render the data completely beyond recovery.

2022-8-3
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Didn't you just say that your PC doesn't have read or write permissions?
2022-8-3
Use props
Edoardosorr
lvl.1
Spain

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-3 04:00
That's a pity.
Other ideas

Thanks for answering, turns out it was an anti-virus problem as it somehow perceived a security threat and entered high-sec mode that wouldn't allow any drives not formatted by the PC itself to be opened
2022-8-3
Use props
djiuser_YpTvVASZqL57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 730482 ft
Canada

I have this problem also except I get a window saying "SD Card must be formatted".

And also says "directory name invalid" in a properties window.

I am able to get my images off the Sandisk Extreme card via my iPad Air.

And after reading above posts I am gonna try  to just format the card in Windows(10) and use it in M3P without M3P formatting.
Fingers crossed.
Thing is back when I first got the M3P in June, I used to be able to just take card out of M3P and pop it in the computer and it was golden but after all these updates something got screwed up with M3P formatting.
Keep up this thread until we get solution from DJI.
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Edoardosorr Posted at 8-3 03:17
Thanks for answering, I am currently using a Sandisk Extreme MicroSDHC 32GB

Thank you for your response. It seems that the SD card that you are using is not on the list of recommended SD cards and this might cause the issue. Kindly please try to use a compatible SD card and then have a test flight to see if the issue persists. You may refer to the image below for the list of compatible SD cards for the said unit. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-8-5
Use props
CliveD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 730482 ft
Canada

djiuser_YpTvVASZqL57 Posted at 8-4 12:38
I have this problem also except I get a window saying "SD Card must be formatted".

And also says "directory name invalid" in a properties window.

I just format in Windows now and no errors. Forget DJI format in RC controller.
2022-8-10
Use props
fanse0f68750
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239672 ft
United States

I have had zero issues transfering video from my drone SD card to my PC and it might be because I have never formatted for the drone or the PC.
2022-8-10
Use props
zedstyle
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hi dji-Team
I have the same problem with my MINI 3 Pro and a brand new  ScanDiscExtreme 128GB Pro A2 micro SDXC and my windows 10 workstation.
The SD Card was bought last Monday, the first session in the MINI 3  was okay.

Formated in the App.

Today, I shoot the second Session with the MINI 3 Pro. And  I get the same error, discribed above.
It was possible to download them via controller / Smartphone, but not the dng files. I use this drone for business, so I´ve got a little bit panic. Today I was shooting a privat project, so it was not so tragic.

But I was very upset because they were great sunrise photos / AEB series and 48 MPX DNG shots.

I have been using the P4P V2, Mavic 1, Inspire, Spark, Osmo, Osmo-Action for years but never had such a problem.
I shoot about 40-50k photos a year with my DSLR cameras, never had a problem there either. Also, I am very careful with the SD cards. Mechanical, Thermal, Electromagnetic .... .
I also tested several SD card readers today. None could access the SD card. "Please format the disk" and "Disk not readable were the error messages".

I use the drone professionally and is in Germany in the cities due to the classifications alternativlos. (249 gram).

Please send a feedback / workaround / update,  so I can reliably use the drone professionally.

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Uwe
2022-9-15
Use props
itzeig
lvl.2
Germany

Use the cmd window and the command "chkdsk x: /f

Change X to your cards drive letter. Everything will be fine and your data accessible.

2022-9-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if maybe we can stick to the official terminology, it might be easier to discuss.  the mini 3 pro uses a microsd card.  when you remove it from the drone, you can insert it into the microsd card slot in your computer and if that doesn't work, use an adapter (where you plug the microsd card into the adapter) and then use the sd card slot on your computer.  then there are computers that have usb ports where you plug in the usb adapter which takes either the microsd card or the sd card.  i have found that one of those is going to work.
2022-9-18
Use props
Jan_FR_NL
New

France

DJI Mini 3 Pro with RC Controller.
My solution to problems with a 128 GB microSD: put the card in the controller, switch on the controller, see if the card is working , maybe you have to format it in the controller from the menu (pull down from the top of the screen) but in my case the card was working allready.
Stop controller, remove the card from the controller and put it in the drone, remove the battery from the drone and slide it back in, start the drone, the drone will detect that there is a card inserted and recognize it. Start the controller and you will see there is about 3 Hours of estimated storage space available.  Click on this time indicator and you will see the GB details.
2023-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules