2077 16 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lionel MOLLARD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3504403 ft
France

Hi everyone,
Since few days, my videos are very wavy, as you can see in the video below. In this video, the drone was landed, and the motors off :

In the second video, the drone was in flight :

It seems to be random, and the occurences seems to increase with the time.

Do you have an idea on what's going on ?

Many thanks.

Lionel

2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the gimbal calibration to see if the issue persists? In addition, kindly please back up all the files on your SD card and reformat it then have a test flight then check if there are any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

My first thought was "bad card" as Paladin posted. For 4K, you want the faster/fastest cards.
2022-8-3
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1198681 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you "Stabilize" the footage in your editing software? Using the wrong mode will produce a similar result.
2022-8-3
Use props
Lionel MOLLARD
lvl.2
France

Hi everybody,

Thank you for you replies, here are some answers :

- The gimbal calibration fails at 80 %
- I'm in holidays, with no backup possibilities, so formatting the SD card will have to wait !- The videos posted are direct from the SD card, and not yet edited

Regarding the SD card, I don't think it's the origin of this issue, because I own it from the beginning without any failures like this, and it's quality is good (Sandisk Extreme). I also can see the waves directly on the phone screen.
Fiurthermore, I sometimes have a warning about an overload of the gimbal motor. Maybe it's the clue !

Lionel

2022-8-3
Use props
Lionel MOLLARD
lvl.2
France

Hi everybody,

I really think that it is comming from the gimbal, because it keeps vibrating, and the return image is wavy on my phone. I think I will contact tech support as it may be an hardware gimbal issue !

Lionel
2022-8-10
Use props
Haylow
New

United States

Hello, as a solution for this been given? I'm having the exact same issue with my footage having the same wavy interference. I tried to calibrate the gimbal and the issue persists. Any advice or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
2023-6-11
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

What kind of sd card are you using?
2023-6-13
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 6-13 19:12
What kind of sd card are you using?

He mentioned ........quality is good (Sandisk Extreme)
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Haylow Posted at 6-11 22:17
Hello, as a solution for this been given? I'm having the exact same issue with my footage having the same wavy interference. I tried to calibrate the gimbal and the issue persists. Any advice or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi, Haylow. We're sorry to read about this. Can you please share the unedited videos with us for further checking?
2023-6-19
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 6-19 04:37
He mentioned ........quality is good (Sandisk Extreme)

The person I was responding to had just made his first post in this thread, and hasn't mentioned what kind of card he is using.
2023-6-19
Use props
Haylow213
lvl.1
Flight distance : 543556 ft
United States

sduck Posted at 6-19 17:01
The person I was responding to had just made his first post in this thread, and hasn't mentioned what kind of card he is using.

(same person but diff acct) Im using Sandisk Extreme v30. Ive used this card many times without issue. This issue started a few flights ago randomly.
2023-8-13
Use props
Haylow213
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-19 04:58
Hi, Haylow. We're sorry to read about this. Can you please share the unedited videos with us for further checking?

I can supply video, but it looks almost identical to the initial example. One thing that I've noticed is that the waviness stops if Im at around 1/150 shutter speed or lower. It's a workaround, but not adequate for shooting in bright sun. The higher the shutter speed, the more "wavier" the video gets.
2023-8-13
Use props
Haylow213
lvl.1
United States

Lionel MOLLARD Posted at 2022-8-10 01:27
Hi everybody,

I really think that it is comming from the gimbal, because it keeps vibrating, and the return image is wavy on my phone. I think I will contact tech support as it may be an hardware gimbal issue !

I'm having the exact same issue. One thing I've noticed is that if I shoot around 1/150 shutter speed or lower, it seems to work without this issue, but if I'm over 1/250 or so, it starts to get wavy. It's a work around, but it's difficult to do when shooting in full sunlight.

If you've found another solve please let me know.
2023-8-13
Use props
Haylow213
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-19 04:58

Here is video of my issue. As mentioned, it is similar to the above mentioned issue. Please let me know if you know of any solutions. The propellers are fine, the card is up to speed, and the gimbal has been calibrated. Thank you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzVq0Cm9P1o&feature=youtu.be
2023-8-17
Use props
djiuser_ifXVNddQ1nit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2271138 ft
United States

I have the DJI Air2s and also just started to experience the same issue. The wavy shows up in my still shots as well as views. I noticed it at its worse when the camera angle is at ~45deg and at 5.0m/s forward speed.
I tried the Auto gimble calibration and it finishes that to 100%, but the wavy is still there, also its random on my flights but now 4 out of 5 it shows up. I also get the same "gimble motor overloaded" message randomly during the flight. Any help or update with this issue is greatly appreciated as I don't want to be looking to buying another one, but have this issue resolved. Thank you for your time.
2-5 12:33
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ifXVNddQ1nit Posted at 2-5 12:33
I have the DJI Air2s and also just started to experience the same issue. The wavy shows up in my still shots as well as views. I noticed it at its worse when the camera angle is at ~45deg and at 5.0m/s forward speed.
I tried the Auto gimble calibration and it finishes that to 100%, but the wavy is still there, also its random on my flights but now 4 out of 5 it shows up. I also get the same "gimble motor overloaded" message randomly during the flight. Any help or update with this issue is greatly appreciated as I don't want to be looking to buying another one, but have this issue resolved. Thank you for your time.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If the drone has ever crashed or experienced any collisions, we recommend sending the drone for diagnosis. If not, can you please follow  the steps below:
1. Please check whether the ambient temperature during drone operation falls within the operating temperature range provided on our website. Low temperature may cause vibration in the gimbal.
2. Kindly remove the gimbal protector before powering on the aircraft to prevent the gimbal motor from being stuck, or the gimbal will become shaky.
3. Please make sure that the gimbal is in Follow mode. If it is set to FPV mode, the gimbal view will be tilted when the aircraft tilts.
4. Please check whether the aircraft is in Sports mode (S-mode) when the gimbal becomes shaky. In S-mode, greater emphasis is placed on flight performance. During flight, when the aircraft attitude is too large, the gimbal attitude stabilization cannot be guaranteed. If the gimbal is shaky in S-mode only, which is normal, please switch the flight mode of the aircraft to Normal mode (N-mode) or Cine mode (C-mode) to achieve a more stable view.
5. Please check whether the wind was strong in the flight environment. If the wind is too strong, the aircraft will vibrate, resulting in the image transmission screen being shaky. We recommend that you test the gimbal in a windless or breezy environment.
6. Have you ever adjusted the EXP value of the aircraft? EXP refers to the drone's exponential. The higher the EXP value, the higher the aircraft response sensitivity, indicating that the aircraft will respond flexibly to small stick movement. If you have ever adjusted the EXP value, please go to [Control -> Gain & Expo Tuning] in the app, reset the parameters, and then test the aircraft again.
7. Please perform gimbal calibration in the app. Using with DJI Fly: [Settings -> Control -> Gimbal Calibration].
If the steps above were done and the issue persists, we advise submitting an Online Repair Request and sending the aircraft back to DJI for further diagnosis. https://repair.dji.com/. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2-5 21:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules