DJI Fly and Tripltek Tablet
2496 22 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I have seen a lot of flyers using the Tripltek tablet and got interested due to it's brighyness level.  I am in Central Texas and the sunlight really create issues.  I have considered one as pretty much dedicated to flying.

However it is not on the DJI approved tablet list.

Can someone explain why since it seems pretty popular and works.

2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The tablet that you mentioned might work with the DJI Fly app and DJI Mini 2, however, we cannot guarantee the stability of the app and the unit when in use since the said mobile device is not listed on our list of compatible devices. You may refer to the link below for you to check the recommended mobile device list on our website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-8-3
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Simply put, it's not on the list because DJI hasn't felt like testing it.

For a list of tablets and phones that have been tested in the real world, check https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2022-8-3
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew at my property outside of Gatesville this morning, this time of tear it is only early morning or late evening, standing in the shade!  The Tripltek looks interesting…
2022-8-4
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

No experience with the Tripltek products, but have only heard good things about them...  They seem well designed and very rugged, and of course the stand-out feature is the 1200 nits display brightness viewable under direct sunlight.

I note they come with either Android 9 (2018 / 7" tablet) or Android 10 (2019 / 8" tablet)...  Which is good because older Android versions tend to be more stable and apps have typically worked out any bugs by now (ie DJI + Android 12 = !@#$).  However, one point that always concerns me a little with Android products is how long they will be maintained with OS and security updates - many manufacturers don't have a good track record in this regard (even top tier companies).  But for a dedicated drone device, that may not be as much of an issue.

I will say this - having a dedicated tablet with a 7"-8" screen is fantastic!  No worries about a call or txt interrupting a flight and the 7-8" screen is the perfect size IMO - much easier to view and navigate on screen touch controls, yet not so large as to be unweildy...

2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have and use the TRIPLTEK 8" Pro tablet.  In the bright Florida sun you can't beat having 1200 Nits and 8" of display space available.  It has 8GB RAM and it can handle up to a 1 TB SD Card.  The graphics are fantastic and it runs Android 10 which is a very stable OS.  Keep in mind you will need to buy a longer cable and a tablet holder but well worth the buy.  Works great with my Mini 2 and Air 2.
2022-8-4
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 05:55
I have and use the TRIPLTEK 8" Pro tablet.  In the bright Florida sun you can't beat having 1200 Nits and 8" of display space available.  It has 8GB RAM and it can handle up to a 1 TB SD Card.  The graphics are fantastic and it runs Android 10 which is a very stable OS.  Keep in mind you will need to buy a longer cable and a tablet holder but well worth the buy.  Works great with my Mini 2 and Air 2.

Thanks for the info, especially the link to real world testing and all the data it provides.   Looks like it could be a good option, though expensive,  I recently replaced a Windows tablet that had reached end of life ( smashed by me with two cinder blocks) with a new iPad Air.  Have a holder and cable but still not good in the sun.  Typically I have to set my launch pad, update home point, then go in the shade to fly.  But the larger display vs the iPhone 12 is most excellent.
2022-8-4
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also use the Tripltek 8 Pro and have not had any issues with any fly apps to date. And asDowntownRDB said you can't beat having a 1200 nit display in direct sunlight not to mention the massive battery ect..
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 8-4 06:48
Thanks for the info, especially the link to real world testing and all the data it provides.   Looks like it could be a good option, though expensive,  I recently replaced a Windows tablet that had reached end of life ( smashed by me with two cinder blocks) with a new iPad Air.  Have a holder and cable but still not good in the sun.  Typically I have to set my launch pad, update home point, then go in the shade to fly.  But the larger display vs the iPhone 12 is most excellent.

You're very welcome.  The Tripltek 8" Pro is currently on sale for over $100 off regular price at this time.

2022-8-4
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im buying it this month.  Im currently using a samsung galaxy fold 3 and its a great device but its fragile and not bright enough.  The other specs well exceed what DJI needs...  But I want a dedicated device and with the Trpltec it will perfectly work with the Mavic 3 I want to get in the new year...  No RC with a screen on that beast and it uses the flyapp, too.  The same $ gets me a mini 3 but to be able to use it on the Mavic 3 is what im shooting for.
2022-8-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the version 8 and it's amazing.  An essential part of my flying gear.  For me, it is invaluable because of the insane battery life, and the brightness.  Best part, is even when it gets boiling hot, the screen does not dim.  

I am a 100% IOS user but this is the only part of my life that has to be android.  : )
2022-8-4
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

OJsakila Posted at 8-4 14:23
Im buying it this month.  Im currently using a samsung galaxy fold 3 and its a great device but its fragile and not bright enough.  The other specs well exceed what DJI needs...  But I want a dedicated device and with the Trpltec it will perfectly work with the Mavic 3 I want to get in the new year...  No RC with a screen on that beast and it uses the flyapp, too.  The same $ gets me a mini 3 but to be able to use it on the Mavic 3 is what im shooting for.

I made the purchase Thursday and expect the Tripltec 8 Pro on
Tuesday at the latest.  I CANT WAIT!  Ill update my expeiences then...  
2022-8-6
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 8-4 14:36
I am a 100% IOS user but this is the only part of my life that has to be android.  : )

I’m an iOS guy as well, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate good tech when I see it.  And I think many iOS users have a piece of Android gear around for certain tasks (especially when rooted).  I just wish Maven was available for Android...

But I have found that “unmolested” versions of Android like the one provided by Trpltek tend to be less problematic than the versions modified by most manufacturers who put their own spin on the OS.
2022-8-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TomKatt Posted at 8-7 04:24
I’m an iOS guy as well, but that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate good tech when I see it.  And I think many iOS users have a piece of Android gear around for certain tasks (especially when rooted).  I just wish Maven was available for Android...

But I have found that “unmolested” versions of Android like the one provided by Trpltek tend to be less problematic than the versions modified by most manufacturers who put their own spin on the OS.

Very true, and technically sound TomKatt.  

The version of Android on the Tripltek is 10 which is a little long in the tooth, but not problematic for the apps put out by DJi and others making the Tripltek a really good choice for drone pilots.

2022-8-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

OJsakila Posted at 8-6 13:38
I made the purchase Thursday and expect the Tripltec 8 Pro on
Tuesday at the latest.  I CANT WAIT!  Ill update my expeiences then...

Just get the right mounts for your controller.  Plenty on Amazon and Tripltek has some on their store as well.
2022-8-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 05:55

To the point about cables, I love these particular ones from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 01?ie=UTF8&th=1

The coiled nature means they stay neat in your travel bag.
2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 8-7 04:50
To the point about cables, I love these particular ones from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076HGMK6R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

The coiled nature means they stay neat in your travel bag.

Great find and thanks for sharing Tony.    Going to get one on order and give it a try.
2022-8-7
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

OK peeps, based on all your advice and comments Tripltek ordered, supposedly get it Friday!
2022-8-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 8-9 06:44
OK peeps, based on all your advice and comments Tripltek ordered, supposedly get it Friday!

Enjoy!  It just works.
2022-8-10
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
United States

OK peeps, I am a believer!!!  Got my Tripltek in a day.   All my computers are Windows, my phone is IOS as is my iPad, sooooooo, new to Android but did figure out most stuff and loaded up DJI FLY and some apps like B4youfly.

Did a 30 second test and my Mini2 flew!  Also did the sync flight log thingy.

Yesterday was kinda cloudy late afternoon with some Tstorms in the area.  Got a tenth inch of rain, first in a month and a half.

I really like the bigger screen, especially for my old eyes, Why I liked the iPad, but again screen brightness and glare.

Today was the real test, took it outside a bit ago with no clouds and the Texas sun high in the sky.   Totally usable and bright, even positioning it so sun was directly on it was not very bright mostly due to reflection in my eyes I think.

Overall, yes, expensive but well worth it and will get me flying more.  BTW, also fly DJI FPV that I bought used.  Like it a lot.
2022-8-11
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 8-11 09:00
Today was the real test, took it outside a bit ago with no clouds and the Texas sun high in the sky.   Totally usable and bright, even positioning it so sun was directly on it was not very bright mostly due to reflection in my eyes I think.

That sounds pretty cool

There's nothing like dedicated hardware built for the purpose.  I wish I could justify that kind of expense, but the better half probably wouldn't appreciate it like I would lol.

Congrats and good flying!
2022-8-11
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Im on my second full day of the Tripltec Pro 8.  VERY HAPPY.  Yes, I can see it 100x clearer than anything ive used!  No issues setting it up.  The ONLY issue I had was dealing with AT&T activating a sim card on a 2nd line I was ALREADY paying for.  They wanted an IMIE number and there is not one on the Tripltec.  After digging deep I was told to tell AT&T that it was a SMART PHONE and NOT a tablet.  Tell them its a Galaxy s21 is what they said to say.  Whatever, they overnighted the sim and when I slid it in the tablet it was PERFECT.  

IF I HAD to complain about anything it would be that you should NOT expect to use the tablet to post process ANYTHING or even use it to post on social media or anyhting.  The operating system REALLY NEEDS to be able to update.  This is HUGE issue for life of the device.  Sure, it will do some of that but it takes a LIFETIME to do anything compared to my Galaxy Fold 3 that I had been using until I replaced it with the Tripltec. The 8 Pro will NOT run Adobe Rush Premiere or other editing apps.  

Since I had already been using my Fold 3 to fly the drone I find it LIGHT YEARS better to access the DJI app on the Fold 3 and download everything there and then start editing, creating and posting.  Of, course, Im brand new to this tablet and still working things out...   

Overall, I find it an ESSENTIAL dedicated device for my drone to use strictly as my screen and not get carried away with actually creating on it.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_8Slp3yq5GhTI
New
Flight distance : 1460322 ft
Venezuela

I will tell you about my experience, I fly with the Air 2S and the Smart Controller, I am a civil engineer and I use my drone to carry out photogrammetric flights to monitor projects, I bought the Dronelink application to make flight plans and repeat them over time to keep a Project progress log, and the app didn't run on the outdated android system of the smart controller, so I bought a RC-N1 and Tripltek 8 Pro, and I'm very happy, I don't mind the sun glare when I fly, Its Android 10 system is very fast, you can also expand the memory up to 1 TB, with the smart controller I had to be deleting images or videos to record another, in conclusion the Tripltek 8 Pro is very good for flying drones, that does help you you have to get used to the weight, but it doesn't matter because if you drop it, the blow doesn't matter, nothing happens to it, I even give it to my daughter so she can play and watch videos on it, I don't worry about it falling off, she hands it over I recommend
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules