856 10 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigDfromTN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39045 ft
United States

Hello all,  First post here.

I have a new Mini 2 Fly more that I bought from Amazon on Prime day.

The App tells me I need to bind the controller with the aircraft.  When I try to do it,  I get an error that my firmware is not up to date.
I then go into the aircraft, hit the 3 lines on top right and check the firmware.  App says its all up to date.

I am using an Iphone 7,  have tried it with an Iphone 8 as well (same issue).

I have been in contact with support and the emails back and forth are painfully slow. BUT,   They sent me a link to download an older version of the Fly app.
I get it downloaded, add configurator to my laptop and put the version 1.5.9 (vs the app store version 1.6.9).
When I try to open the app it says I need to sign into the account that downloaded the app.  email address for that is  "share_appleid003@163.com".

Can anyone help me?

2022-8-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this "binding" for control purposes or insurance purposes?
2022-8-3
Use props
BigDfromTN
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-3 10:14
Is this "binding" for control purposes or insurance purposes?

For Insurance purposes.

The later model will fly the aircraft fine.  It just gives a warning that controller is not bound.
2022-8-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you you tried updating the controller and or the drone via connecting them, one at a time, and via USB cable to a computer running the appropriate assistant 2?.

Is the log in for that email address unknown to you? If the email address is yours I would actually blank out part of it out and not display it on a public forum.
2022-8-3
Use props
BigDfromTN
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-3 10:50
Have you you tried updating the controller and or the drone via connecting them, one at a time, and via USB cable to a computer running the appropriate assistant 2?.

Is the log in for that email address unknown to you? If the email address is yours I would actually blank out part of it out and not display it on a public forum.

I have not tried it directly to a computer.  Nor did DJI support suggest that.
The email does not belong to me and DJI support dont seem to know about it either.   
Thanks for the warning about posting email address.
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BigDfromTN Posted at 8-3 11:48
I have not tried it directly to a computer.  Nor did DJI support suggest that.
The email does not belong to me and DJI support dont seem to know about it either.   
Thanks for the warning about posting email address.

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. May we know your ticket number? For your issue, we will consult with our teams and reply to you. Thanks.
2022-8-3
Use props
BigDfromTN
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-3 17:11
Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. May we know your ticket number? For your issue, we will consult with our teams and reply to you. Thanks.

Thank you Wanda
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BigDfromTN Posted at 8-3 19:18
Thank you Wanda

We have communicated with our teams. We will recommend you borrow an android phone (if you don't have one) and install the app we sent you in the email to have a try.   
2022-8-3
Use props
Paulman
New

Australia

My Mavic 2 zoom displays aircraft disconnected every time for last 2 months. Sometimes flies for 20 metres but usually wont take off.  I have a new smart controller  which made no difference. Today it also wanted compass re cal  but would not let me do it. Did not display the usual rotate instructions.  What now?  Been flying for 3 years and now this...
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Paulman Posted at 9-26 20:50
My Mavic 2 zoom displays aircraft disconnected every time for last 2 months. Sometimes flies for 20 metres but usually wont take off.  I have a new smart controller  which made no difference. Today it also wanted compass re cal  but would not let me do it. Did not display the usual rotate instructions.  What now?  Been flying for 3 years and now this...

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please try to perform flights in other environments? Besides, make sure the firmware of the controller and the drone and the app version are the latest version.
2022-9-26
Use props
BigDfromTN
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE....

The last update to the firmware fixed this issue.

Thanks to all who helped.

Don
2022-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules