Dji Mini 2 one year later
805 26 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Hello pilots friend, here is a video that I made to celebrate the one year of my Mini 2, a year later of use the results are for me rather positive, I have not yet had to change the propeller or others (fingers crossed) but I haven't updated any neither the radio control nor the drone I'm still in 1.03.0000 and it will stay like that!!! given the many problems that the latest updates have caused a lot of people and for Dji the Mini 2 has not been for some time (even before the release of the Mini 3) an interesting drone to follow. Even the Dji Fly updates that are made now are useless for the Mini 2, I personally stayed in 1.5.9. As they said 'As long as it works don't touch it'Have a good flight everyone.

2022-8-3
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I'm with you on that !!!  I always turn off any auto-update feature on all of my devices - more often than not it just leads to problems.  
2022-8-3
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

TomKatt Posted at 8-3 10:11
I'm with you on that !!!  I always turn off any auto-update feature on all of my devices - more often than not it just leads to problems.

Yes especially when you see the catastrophic result of the updates and in addition you cannot go back .
2022-8-3
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Ph3onix Posted at 8-3 10:18
Yes especially when you see the catastrophic result of the updates and in addition you cannot go back  .

I always see posts about issues with updates. I've updated all 3 of my drones to the latest firmware whenever available and haven't seen any adverse effects. I guess I'm just lucky.
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ph3onix. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and for sharing this wonderful video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 2. Great work and keep flying. .
2022-8-3
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

blue_canyon21 Posted at 8-3 16:43
I always see posts about issues with updates. I've updated all 3 of my drones to the latest firmware whenever available and haven't seen any adverse effects. I guess I'm just lucky.

I know that not all people have problems with updates but others do, so when in doubt I don't touch it. Good for you that you don't have a problem.
2022-8-3
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-3 18:59
Hello there Ph3onix. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and for sharing this wonderful video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 2. Great work and keep flying.  .

Thank you Stephen .
2022-8-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely flight.  
2022-8-3
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Thank you.
2022-8-4
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

I'm lucky too ! I've never experienced any issues after updates.
2022-8-4
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Forum posts tend to make issues appear much worse than they really are for the average consumer...  Many more people take the time to post about problems than they do to post about their successes...

Still, it's not a bad idea to limit updating to patches that address identified issues or offer tangible improvements.  Updating "just because it's available" risks making a working system a problem system.

Edit - ie v01.04 - "Optimized flight safety"...  What exactly does that mean?  Odd there weren't many posts complaining about "flight safety" issues... Not to mention DJI neglected to inform users that update locks them out from the ability to go back to previous FW versions if they encounter issues...

2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely footage.  

I'm must be lucky also.  I update as soon as a new App or FW is available.  So far not one issue and also was nice to get new functionalities added to my drones that came available with the updated App or FW.  

2022-8-4
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 05:47
Lovely footage.  

I'm must be lucky also.  I update as soon as a new App or FW is available.  So far not one issue and also was nice to get new functionalities added to my drones that came available with the updated App or FW.

Thank you DowntownRDB , what new features did it bring with the latest updates for the Mini 2?
I don't think he had any, I like to fly quietly without having to say that at 400 or 500 meters I'm going to have interference problems when I know that the drone is in normal condition (without updates) flight much further, not that I am constantly at kilometers but I like to have a solid connection
2022-8-4
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Ph3onix Posted at 8-4 08:37
Thank you DowntownRDB  , what new features did it bring with the latest updates for the Mini 2?
I don't think he had any, I like to fly quietly without having to say that at 400 or 500 meters I'm going to have interference problems when I know that the drone is in normal condition (without updates) flight much further, not that I am constantly at kilometers but I like to have a solid connection

In our countries it is not legal to fly outside the VLOS, then interferences at 400 meters should not be a problem. In fact, I cannot see my Mini 2 when farther then 300 metres …
I expect in the near future DJI will make mandatory the updates, in order to  enforce the compliance ro EU regulations and to be able to put the C mark on the drones.
2022-8-4
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

FabioV Posted at 8-4 08:49
In our countries it is not legal to fly outside the VLOS, then interferences at 400 meters should not be a problem. In fact, I cannot see my Mini 2 when farther then 300 metres …
I expect in the near future DJI will make mandatory the updates, in order to  enforce the compliance ro EU regulations and to be able to put the C mark on the drones.

I know you have to fly in VLOS but I'm talking about the strength of the signal I took the Mini 2 for that, otherwise I would have kept the first generation Mavic mini
2022-8-4
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Ph3onix Posted at 8-4 08:57
I know you have to fly in VLOS but I'm talking about the strength of the signal I took the Mini 2 for that, otherwise I would have kept the first generation Mavic mini

The signal of the Mini 2 is strong enough also when updated. Of course flying close to houses or factories includes some interferences, but they’re relevant only when the drone is far from the RC.
2022-8-4
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

there are some fine improvements 1.6.9, why you stay with 1.5.9?
2022-8-4
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

fateofangel Posted at 8-4 10:04
there are some fine improvements 1.6.9, why you stay with 1.5.9?

I am on android and I have problems with a random black screen with my xiaomi.
2022-8-4
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Ph3onix Posted at 8-4 10:12
I am on android and I have problems with a random black screen with my xiaomi.

ah ok, me to on ios, but cam settings down slider thats what i wont resign
2022-8-4
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

fateofangel Posted at 8-4 10:17
ah ok, me to on ios, but cam settings down slider thats what i wont resign

It is often that the problems are under android because there are too many models and versions while it seems easier for Dji to work on ios .
2022-8-4
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice vid.  I'm so happy to hear youre still happy...  I just this month bought the Fly More package and am currently updated to the latest firmwarre and software on the app.  Thank God im not having an issues either.  I owned a Mavic Pro 4 years ago so Im familiar with the issues updates with DJI can cause...However, Im happy with everything at the moment and will still right here just like you are.  Thanks for the great vid!
2022-8-4
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

OJsakila Posted at 8-4 14:16
Very nice vid.  I'm so happy to hear youre still happy...  I just this month bought the Fly More package and am currently updated to the latest firmwarre and software on the app.  Thank God im not having an issues either.  I owned a Mavic Pro 4 years ago so Im familiar with the issues updates with DJI can cause...However, Im happy with everything at the moment and will still right here just like you are.  Thanks for the great vid!

Thank you, I'm also happy that you don't have a problem with the updates personally I don't prefer to take any risks since the update does not bring any major changes, I may do it the day when it will be possible to go back or case or .
Welcome to the Mini 2 club
Good flight
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ph3onix Posted at 8-3 22:19
Thank you Stephen .

Hi there Ph3onix. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2022-8-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain