Mini 3 Pro has one very tight motor , getting hot.
2136 5 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly-Hi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8041 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there .

My Mini 3 Pro which is only just over a month old activated on 46 days ago , has on very tight motor which is a lot hotter that the other three after flying.
also had some warning of  motor / rotor obstruction, i am worried about the safety of flying this drone can you advice how i send it back for a warranty  replacement or repair.

or do i sent it back to the place of purchase..?

Regards

Peter P.

2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing or crash before? In addition, kindly please try to perform the IMU calibration and then have a test flight to see if the issue persists. please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-3
Use props
Fly-Hi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8041 ft
United Kingdom

HI there. thank you for getting back to me .   no the aircraft has not been subject to a crash or hard landing , I'm still getting the odd occasion of the tight motor  not starting up and getting a rotor obstruction warning. then if i manually turn the motor a few times it will then start up and fly . i have done an IMU calibration but it has made no difference at all.

Regards
Peter.
2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fly-Hi Posted at 5-8 10:46
HI there. thank you for getting back to me .   no the aircraft has not been subject to a crash or hard landing , I'm still getting the odd occasion of the tight motor  not starting up and getting a rotor obstruction warning. then if i manually turn the motor a few times it will then start up and fly . i have done an IMU calibration but it has made no difference at all.

Regards

Hi Peter, if the issue keeps happening, you can send it back to DJI for further service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
We will do our best to help this out.
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_9lfzfEph7Lau
New

United Kingdom

Hay guys,

I bought the mini 3 pro in UK. I have couple to clarify,
1. when the drone is on and idle it over heats hugely temperature goes above 40 deg c and gets very hot also substantial loss of battery associated with it. is this faulty unit?
2. My DJI RC unit registered with UK location details but still shows  care refresh in US dollars which works out little cheaper. Can I buy this in USD for for UK registered product please.

Thanks.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_9lfzfEph7Lau Posted at 7-21 20:08
Hay guys,

I bought the mini 3 pro in UK. I have couple to clarify,

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your first inquiry, DJI Mini 3 Pro is designed without a built-in fan, which can effectively reduce power consumption to make the flight time longer. Additionally, the new structural design with propellers that have been adjusted for a more aerodynamic flight, which allows the drone to use the wind generated by the propellers to dissipate heat, ensuring good heat dissipation effects during the flight.
If the drone stays in standby mode for a long time, its temperature may continuously rise. DJI Mini 3 Pro comes with a built-in temperature control system that the drone can detect the current temperature and decide whether to automatically power off to prevent overheating.

For the second issue, if the drone and DJI RC are purchased from the UK, and you are located in the UL, please purchase the UK's version of DJI Care Refresh, the checkout currency should be in pounds. Please do not purchase the US version of DJI Care Refresh. Because the DJI Care Refresh and the product should be purchased from the same country/region, the benefit will be only eligible from where the service is purchased.

Hope these clarify your concerns. Thank you for your attention.
2023-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules