Dji FPV Goggles freezing up
3295 17 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barry RW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545118 ft

United Kingdom

has anyone else not had a reply from these 'supposed administrators'    I've messaged several times about Flight Virtual app and my FPV goggles freezing up as i use the app
i've reloaded app 3 times, updated all DJI elements ( controllers goggles and drone ) and simulator runs fine on app, but using goggles works only for couple minutes before goggles freeze totally.     i can carry on using controls on ipad and app but have to reboot goggles to get it up again, but it freezes once again on goggles
No one from DJI seems to care or bother replying

2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Barry RW, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. May I double confirm if the goggles/transmission freezes when you fly the FPV drone? Did it only exist while using it with the DJI Virtual Flight app?
If it only existed while using the goggles with the DJI Virtual Flight app, please tell me the DJI Virtual app version, iPad model, and the iOS version for further confirmation.
Please let me know if the transmission also freezes in real flying. Thank you.
2022-8-3
Use props
Barry RW
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-3 22:24
Hi Barry RW, we are sorry for the issue you encountered. May I double confirm if the goggles/transmission freezes when you fly the FPV drone? Did it only exist while using it with the DJI Virtual Flight app?
If it only existed while using the goggles with the DJI Virtual Flight app, please tell me the DJI Virtual app version, iPad model, and the iOS version for further confirmation.
Please let me know if the transmission also freezes in real flying. Thank you.

Hi, thanks for replying.     As i’ve been unwilling to fly drone in manual mode without practice i can’t say if it freezes when Actual flight mode outside is in use.  However i can fly it in normal and sport node outside without goggles freezing up.    So, somehow it’s something between  the kit in here i take it?    i’ve tried it on ipad and iphone but both times goggles freeze up and app continues to run on tablet or phone?
this is the info you wanted i hope.   DJI flight app version is V1.3.2,  iPad is iPad 4, and the ios version is 15.5.
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Barry RW Posted at 8-4 14:07
Hi, thanks for replying.     As i’ve been unwilling to fly drone in manual mode without practice i can’t say if it freezes when Actual flight mode outside is in use.  However i can fly it in normal and sport node outside without goggles freezing up.    So, somehow it’s something between  the kit in here i take it?    i’ve tried it on ipad and iphone but both times goggles freeze up and app continues to run on tablet or phone?
this is the info you wanted i hope.   DJI flight app version is V1.3.2,  iPad is iPad 4, and the ios version is 15.5.

Thank you for the additional information. We will forward your feedback to our engineers for further confirmation. If it is convenient, please also record the freezing issue video and send it to us.
At the same time, please try to decrease the video transmission frame rate to reduce the possibility of having the image transmission freeze.
Thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
Barry RW
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-7 04:39
Thank you for the additional information. We will forward your feedback to our engineers for further confirmation. If it is convenient, please also record the freezing issue video and send it to us.
At the same time, please try to decrease the video transmission frame rate to reduce the possibility of having the image transmission freeze.
Thank you.

Hi again, thx for passing on issue to engineers.  I reduced frame rate etc but still freezes up in goggles.  App on iPad still carries on regardless?     I am going to try Manual flight outside in next 3 days so hope goggles don’t freeze up then and drone crash etc??    Tried to send video of flying on iPad but won’t except my format from phone
C540B275-89B4-4CCA-A673-C66B0BBCD11F.jpeg
C7B9C7A9-B430-4234-BB58-6FDAC2F2BD3C.jpeg
2022-8-7
Use props
fans4998112a
New
United States

Same versions and same issue for me too.  I just got my DJI FPV drone and was going to fly in the virtual app and this happens to mine also.  I get about a minute or two and then the video in the goggles freezes up but the app continues on my ipad.  Tried it on my iphone also and it does the same thing.
2022-8-9
Use props
Barry RW
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fans4998112a Posted at 8-9 15:25
Same versions and same issue for me too.  I just got my DJI FPV drone and was going to fly in the virtual app and this happens to mine also.  I get about a minute or two and then the video in the goggles freezes up but the app continues on my ipad.  Tried it on my iphone also and it does the same thing.

Thought it was just me it didn’t like lol.    Love DJI products, have an Air 2 as well, find flying that great fun, fab camera and pictures.  Am impressed with FPV drone in itself but this bug is really annoying the hell out of me, i’ve had drone in normal mode for 4 weeks and sports mode the last 10 days but desperate to try Manual mode and see how it goes.   I’ve ben warned that the app is not same as flying real time and advised by experienced flyers to stop using it about 2 days before i start to fly outside etc, so just trying to get the nerve up to go do M mode anyway without the practice in app.   Wish me luck
2022-8-9
Use props
danvet
lvl.2

United States

Same here - goggles consistently freeze when using the DJI Virtual Flight app both on my iPhone and iPad. Makes the app unusable.

DJI: Please fix this problem!!!
2022-8-31
Use props
fansc193149a
lvl.1

Denmark

Im sadly having the same issue… Dont know what to do, just bought this drone and I wanted to train before taking it outside - Buuut it keeps freezing on me. Also only inside the glasses on not on my phone… hopefully its just a problem with the new firmware update for the Avata or something
2022-8-31
Use props
fans5202af83
New
Flight distance : 1542651 ft
United States

It happens exactly same way to me too. I’m too afraid to to put drone to test as I don’t know how to get drone back if my goggles froze
2022-9-2
Use props
stgrower
New
Flight distance : 849068 ft
United States

Same thing here, I just got the FPV yesterday and goggles are freezing a minute or so after start on the app. The app keeps running on the I-pad but in the goggles is just frozen, is annoying as you wouldn’t that to happen on real flight. Also is difficult to keep training virtually to get good skills before going for an actual flight.

Please do we have any solution for these ?
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_0qDSDDS8S9Lv
New

Netherlands

Yuppp same issue here just got my fpv drone and the goggles keeps freezing every minute or so and have to restart but no point even trying since it will freeze up anyway. No way to practise and im not flying without some practise please dji fix this problem
2022-9-3
Use props
fansc193149a
lvl.1

Denmark

I can say its a problem with the app, took the drone to the air today with no problems. But on the app it still freeze
2022-9-3
Use props
pvtsailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675709 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same problem here.
iphone 12 pro and ipad M1, both with latest firmware.
Problem only while using the simulator, not in real flight.

Plz .. fix this. I also want to go in manual mode and have to practice this
2022-9-8
Use props
MarkoNW
lvl.1
United States

Just encountered same issue on new googles and 2021 iPad Pro with current fw, freezes up just a minute into flight on app.

This is clearly a universal issue that DJI should respond to quickly, iPad and Apple integration are not 'new' in their products.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_w06mjYLkYuHD
New

United States

Same issue here. Iphone 2022 SE software version 15.6.1 This happens with the Motion controller and the FPV2 controller. No issue in real flight so far, but just like everyone else, I want to practice before I destroy my new drone. Edit- I just found out they update the app, and it seems to be working now.
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

i got two bad freezing while flying and i lost all the footages of that fly, files with 0kb.
i'll try with the app but this situation is really dangerous ... this is a safety problem
2022-10-30
Use props
JoeMoeMoe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 899 ft
United States

I have the same issue. The simulator runs in the iPhone 8 I use but freezes in the goggles. I have downloaded all new versions.
2022-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules