Mini 3 pro won’t pair with RC 231
5666 23 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clemlaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327077 ft
United States

I have tried the steps mentioned in previous discussion. The pairing times out without connecting. This is an old RC 231 that was the original controller for a Mavic Air 2 that was destroyed. I never used it to control the replacement. So it is not paired  or bound to any existing device. Is it going to be possible to use this RC 231?
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Clemlaw, sorry for the issue. Please double confirm if the mobile device has been connected successfully, if the time-out prompt popped up immediately after pressing the linking button on the app without counting down, the mobile device is not connected to the RC, please check the connection.
If the mobile device is connected to the RC, and linking does not work, please make sure that the firmware for the RC and aircraft has been updated to the latest version. Please try to refresh the latest firmware for the controller and aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 and try to link again. The linking tutorial can be checked at 7:05 of this tutorial:
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, an operation video of yours is appreciated.
2022-8-3
Use props
Clemlaw
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. The timer runs and repeatedly times out. The problem is that since the contoller is not linked to an aircraft and the Mini 3 pro isn’t linked to a controller it’s impossible to update the firm ware on either one.. Is it possible to overcome this with DJI assistant  2?
2022-8-3
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Clemlaw Posted at 8-3 19:43
Thank you. The timer runs and repeatedly times out. The problem is that since the contoller is not linked to an aircraft and the Mini 3 pro isn’t linked to a controller it’s impossible to update the firm ware on either one.. Is it possible to overcome this with DJI assistant  2?

This video, from 1:50 to 2:20, will show you how to update the Remote controller.
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Clemlaw Posted at 8-3 19:43
Thank you. The timer runs and repeatedly times out. The problem is that since the contoller is not linked to an aircraft and the Mini 3 pro isn’t linked to a controller it’s impossible to update the firm ware on either one.. Is it possible to overcome this with DJI assistant  2?

Thank you for your update, if you would be able to use a computer to do the firmware update, the controller can be updated respectively.
Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer (tap here for the software link), and refer to the tutorial posted on 4# and update the firmware. Please let me know if that solves your case.
2022-8-4
Use props
Clemlaw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Assistant 2 won't open on my MacBook Air running OS 12. On my PC it downloads but opens with a single screen that shows a diagram of hooking a USB to an Inspire 2. There are no other menus available.
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Clemlaw Posted at 8-4 03:40
DJI Assistant 2 won't open on my MacBook Air running OS 12. On my PC it downloads but opens with a single screen that shows a diagram of hooking a USB to an Inspire 2. There are no other menus available.

Be sure to download the right version for the Mini 3 Pro.  You should be using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) v2.1.10 from here.  You may need to run it from your PC.  
2022-8-4
Use props
Clemlaw
lvl.1
United States

Thanks I managed to get around the blocks on the Mac and was able to update the controller which then paired easily and operated the Mini 3 pro without problem.
Operation of DJI Assistant2 in OS could use a little smoothing out. I got it to work once but now it opens a page that says welcome to electron and following the directions on the page won’t open the app.
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Clemlaw Posted at 8-4 12:23
Thanks I managed to get around the blocks on the Mac and was able to update the controller which then paired easily and operated the Mini 3 pro without problem.
Operation of DJI Assistant2 in OS could use a little smoothing out. I got it to work once but now it opens a page that says welcome to electron and following the directions on the page won’t open the app.

Hi, there. Thanks for your update. May we double confirm that your issue has been resolved, right?
2022-8-5
Use props
Clemlaw
lvl.1
United States

Yes the issue is resolved, thank you
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You are welcome, thank you for the update as well. If you need any support or have any questions, you can contact us anytime.
2022-8-5
Use props
fansf4f801ac
New

United Kingdom

Clemlaw Posted at 8-4 12:23
Thanks I managed to get around the blocks on the Mac and was able to update the controller which then paired easily and operated the Mini 3 pro without problem.
Operation of DJI Assistant2 in OS could use a little smoothing out. I got it to work once but now it opens a page that says welcome to electron and following the directions on the page won’t open the app.

Hey Clemlaw, please share how you got assistant 2 to work on your Mac, I am having EXACtly the same problem as you. Thanks so much.
2022-8-25
Use props
Clemlaw
lvl.1
United States

The key was updating the controller. I’m sorry but it was one of those late night computer things where I just kept pecking away at it and I couldn’t tell you the sequence.. I can say don’t worry about the drone. Your just try to get the updated firmware on to the Controller.
2022-8-25
Use props
judsonkessler
New

United States

This is absolutely infuriating.  DJI Assistant 2 will not install on Mac 11.6.8.  

That means there's no way to update the RC231 firmware?
2022-8-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

judsonkessler@hotmail.com Posted at 8-27 15:06
This is absolutely infuriating.  DJI Assistant 2 will not install on Mac 11.6.8.  

That means there's no way to update the RC231 firmware?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Currently, all versions of DJI Assistant 2 do not support v11.0 or higher versions of Mac OS(Except DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)), because DJI Assistant 2 rely on the third-party RNDIS drive but the RNDIS drive does not support v11.0 or higher version of Mac OS. We will keep an eye on the latest updates. Once the RNDIS drive is compatible with v11.0 or higher versions of Mac OS, we will work on the compatibility of DJI products as soon as possible. Would you please upgrade the firmware on a PC with Windows software?
2022-8-27
Use props
djiuser_mpcVPNOyw7Yp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271627 ft
French Polynesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-5 00:48
Hi, there. Thanks for your update. May we double confirm that your issue has been resolved, right?

Hi i am having the same issue and is causing a lot of problems I need this drone today for the entire purpose I bought it for. Saw on another thread that admins can approve a new firmware upgrade to my account can you do this please?
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_mpcVPNOyw7Yp Posted at 9-20 11:28
Hi i am having the same issue and is causing a lot of problems I need this drone today for the entire purpose I bought it for. Saw on another thread that admins can approve a new firmware upgrade to my account can you do this please?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if you are also trapped in pairing with the aircraft?
2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_mpcVPNOyw7Yp
lvl.1
French Polynesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-20 20:03
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if you are also trapped in pairing with the aircraft?

Yes will not pair. Had an update to download and did but wouldn’t connect to update the drone
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_mpcVPNOyw7Yp Posted at 9-21 12:06
Yes will not pair. Had an update to download and did but wouldn’t connect to update the drone

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Just for double checks, may we know the model of your controller and drone? Could you please try to connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware to see if it works?
2022-9-21
Use props
djiuser_mpcVPNOyw7Yp
lvl.1
French Polynesia

DJI Thor Posted at 9-21 23:13
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Just for double checks, may we know the model of your controller and drone? Could you please try to connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware to see if it works?

Drone mini 3 pro with controller for phone connection. Drone won’t even flash lights to say in pairing most of the time. Tried using the assistant but nothing for the drone doesnt even show a connection. Was able to refresh the controller but no change.
2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_mpcVPNOyw7Yp Posted at 9-22 21:56
Drone mini 3 pro with controller for phone connection. Drone won’t even flash lights to say in pairing most of the time. Tried using the assistant but nothing for the drone doesnt even show a connection. Was able to refresh the controller but no change.

Sorry for the issue. Would you mind providing a video of your operation steps for the linking, the screenshots of the controller firmware and aircraft for me to confirm it further?
The firmware information can be checked after connecting the aircraft and controller to the DJI Assistant 2.
Look forward to your reply.
2022-9-23
Use props
Platano137
New

Australia

Hello. I can't upgrade my controller RC-N1. It's version V02.00.1200 and it can't find the newest.
2023-2-18
Use props
Platano137
New

Australia

2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Platano137 Posted at 2-18 06:26
Hello. I can't upgrade my controller RC-N1. It's version V02.00.1200 and it can't find the newest.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what issue you encounter or you just want to upgrade the firmware?
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules