Taking too long to update firmware for Mini Pro 3 with Smart Cont...
5041 5 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
badtuna
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It is taking too long to download the recent updates over WIFI for my new mini 3 pro with smart controller. The drone will get too hot and shutdown automatically and the download is only 23% complete.  The setup/activation of the controller and drone was completed successfully. However, when connected, the controller app indicated that I needed an update. So, I initiated the update but it was taking too long to download 1060.15MB. My internet speed with AT&T is 3000MBPS.   Please advise.  Thanks.
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for your issue. May I know if you would be able to access a computer to do the update? If yes, please try to update the firmware for the aircraft and controller respectively to the latest version using DJI Assistant 2 (please click here for the software download link).
Or you can leave the drone for a while and cool it down and try to update the firmware again by the controller.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2022-8-4
Use props
badtuna
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 01:11
Hi there, I am sorry for your issue. May I know if you would be able to access a computer to do the update? If yes, please try to update the firmware for the aircraft and controller respectively to the latest version using DJI Assistant 2 (please click here for the software download link).
Or you can leave the drone for a while and cool it down and try to update the firmware again by the controller.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.

Hello Susan,

Everything worked well using assistant 2 on my PC. Thanks. However, I still don't quite understand why it could not update via wifi.

Bob V.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

badtuna Posted at 8-5 15:16
Hello Susan,

Everything worked well using assistant 2 on my PC. Thanks. However, I still don't quite understand why it could not update via wifi.

Thanks for your update. We are glad to see your problem is resolved.

And the following details may help you more with your problem, please check:
DJI Mini 3 Pro is designed without a built-in fan, which can effectively reduce power consumption to make the flight time longer. The upgrade might fail due to overheating when it is turned on and stationary for a long time. You can update it via assistant 2 or use a fan to help cool down the aircraft when you meet this problem.

And if you have any more questions or need any support, you can also let us know.
2022-8-5
Use props
badtuna
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-5 22:12
Thanks for your update. We are glad to see your problem is resolved.
And the following details may help you more with your problem, please checkJI Mini 3 Pro is designed without a built-in fan, which can effectively reduce power consumption to make the flight time longer. The upgrade might fail due to overheating when it is turned on and stationary for a long time. You can update it via assistant 2 or use a fan to help cool down the aircraft when you meet this problem.
And if you have any more questions or need any support, you can also let us know.

I just tried to update the DJI RC controller (using DJI assistant V2.1.13) for my mini 3 pro and I get this error message

dji rc  not enough storage space. clear space and try again (1-22-6-3) Update Failed V01.02.0000

My Mini 3 Pro was updated with no issues.
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

badtuna Posted at 10-26 08:30
I just tried to update the DJI RC controller (using DJI assistant V2.1.13) for my mini 3 pro and I get this error message

dji rc  not enough storage space. clear space and try again (1-22-6-3) Update Failed V01.02.0000

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if there is enough storage left in your DJI RC to upgrade the firmware? If not, please try to clear the cache and then ty again.
2022-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules