Air 2s tilted horizon (changes with rotation)
1231 10 2022-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
riwer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54938 ft
Russia

Hi,
My drone has a tilted horizon and the problem gets worse over time. There have been no visible damage.
I have tried automatic gimbal calibration, manual gimbal calibration, IMU calibration and compass calibration.
How can I fix this? Or is it a hardware (mechanical) problem?
Drone video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTGF1o715M

2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there riwer. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue on your DJI Air 2S, did your DJI Drone had a hard landing or a crash before? Thank you.
2022-8-4
Use props
riwer
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 00:14
Hello there riwer. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue on your DJI Air 2S, did your DJI Drone had a hard landing or a crash before? Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, there were no crashes. I didn't use the drone for about one month and noticed the problem on my first flight after a break.
2022-8-4
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

riwer Posted at 8-4 00:30
Thanks for the reply, there were no crashes. I didn't use the drone for about one month and noticed the problem on my first flight after a break.

I have seen this just a couple times with my Air 2S, but not consistently.  Is it possible you have a cross-wind, causing the drone to compensate?  Maybe try again on a day with no wind...
2022-8-4
Use props
riwer
lvl.1
Russia

MikeMN Posted at 8-4 10:37
I have seen this just a couple times with my Air 2S, but not consistently.  Is it possible you have a cross-wind, causing the drone to compensate?  Maybe try again on a day with no wind...

Thanks for the answer, but I looked at the records of my flights and noticed that since a certain time the problem has been present almost constantly. Tomorrow I'll try to recalibrate and test again.
2022-8-4
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

riwer Posted at 8-4 12:13
Thanks for the answer, but I looked at the records of my flights and noticed that since a certain time the problem has been present almost constantly. Tomorrow I'll try to recalibrate and test again.

That's unfortunate... if calibration doesn't help are you under warranty by chance?  I had a totally unrelated issue that I almost decided to live with but exchanged the unit and have never had it since.  It was not a gimbal problem but just saying some percentage of drones simply have hardware defects.  Good luck - you should expect better quality in this price range!
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

riwer Posted at 8-4 00:30
Thanks for the reply, there were no crashes. I didn't use the drone for about one month and noticed the problem on my first flight after a break.

Hi there riwer. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. If after calibrating your DJI Drone and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2022-8-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to be honest but I have not even looked at horizon tilt in much of my videos. I am happy with all of them even though the tilt exists. Maybe I am just easy. For the money these are very useful toys  ;-) On the other hand it might be the restrictions on the Glonass GPS system now in effect because of your war. Probably not ;-)
2022-8-4
Use props
riwer
lvl.1
Russia

GaryDoug Posted at 8-4 20:05
I have to be honest but I have not even looked at horizon tilt in much of my videos. I am happy with all of them even though the tilt exists. Maybe I am just easy. For the money these are very useful toys  ;-) On the other hand it might be the restrictions on the Glonass GPS system now in effect because of your war. Probably not ;-)

Hi,

I do not think that this is due to any limitations of geopositioning systems (as far as I know there are no restrictions at the moment and all other devices work fine ):-)
The problem is that sometimes I get shots with a horizon tilt of about 20-25 degrees and this is very eye-catching(
I agree, this is a wonderful device for the money. However, there are some quality control issues. I already had a Mini 2 before and it also had a factory problem (blurring on the edges of the frame when shooting). Maybe I'm too unlucky. Last time, DJI changed the device under warranty, but now, in response to my request, they said that they had suspended activities on the territory of Russia and Ukraine and could not help me (
2022-8-4
Use props
riwer
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 20:00
Hi there riwer. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. If after calibrating your DJI Drone and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.

Unfortunately, they have already answered me that they cannot help since activities in Russia and Ukraine are temporarily suspended (although the device was bought from an official DJI partner when the suspension was not yet in effect (
2022-8-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

riwer Posted at 8-4 22:26
Hi,

I do not think that this is due to any limitations of geopositioning systems (as far as I know there are no restrictions at the moment and all other devices work fine ):-)

"... they said that they had suspended activities on the territory of Russia and Ukraine and could not help me ("

Yikes. That is the first time I have read evidence of that, which I have suspected all along. I think we may both get banned very shortly ;-)
2022-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules