3992 21 2022-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178986 ft
United Kingdom

Hello.

I’ve just been replacing my propellers on my mini 3 and have an issue where the screw has got stuck and won’t make its way down anymore in the thread!

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks.
D7B13A53-3E27-4F20-845C-22892A130152.jpeg
4E1D717D-836C-4187-B42B-5A4EA982AEFC.jpeg
2022-8-4
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buy a better screwdriver. The one that dji supplies us blows.  I'm  sure other people will comment. "screwdrivergate" all over again ...
2022-8-4
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Use pliers to squeeze the screw head together with the propeller and turn counterclockwise. the hug must be really strong. Then remove the screw with a screwdriver. The propeller and the śubka will have to be absolutely replaced.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies.

Will it be likely that the thread will be damaged after this procedure? - Causing the drone to have to get sent back?

(Just wondering if it’s better to send it back then possibly create more damage?)

Thanks.
2022-8-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would remove the screw and look closely at its threads, if they are damaged photograph them and post the photo. If they are undamaged then try the screw again BUT this time and ensuring the screw is 'square' ( it appears to be square ), lightly, note lightly, press the screw into the screw hole, I rest a finger tip on the top of the screwdriver to do this,  but unscrew the screw, yes unscrew it.
If you pay attention to what you feel I think you should feel the screw drop into the thread in the motor's hub. If so then try screwing the screw in, if it again jams then unscrew the screw and see/feel if it drops into another thread.
I believe it shouldn't but if you forced it prior to the above photos you may have started to make a second thread,
Unfortunately the Locktite sometimes make things a bit tricky and it is a matter of judgement to tell whether or not the screw is cross threaded or if it is the Locktite that is causing the stiffness.
2022-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Looks like you’re on a wrong thread.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-4 04:55
I would remove the screw and look closely at its threads, if they are damaged photograph them and post the photo. If they are undamaged then try the screw again BUT this time and ensuring the screw is 'square' ( it appears to be square ), lightly, note lightly, press the screw into the screw hole, I rest a finger tip on the top of the screwdriver to do this,  but unscrew the screw, yes unscrew it.
If you pay attention to what you feel I think you should feel the screw drop into the thread in the motor's hub. If so then try screwing the screw in, if it again jams then unscrew the screw and see/feel if it drops into another thread.
I believe it shouldn't but if you forced it prior to the above photos you may have started to make a second thread,

Great. Thanks for your help.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-4 05:18
Looks like you’re on a wrong thread.

Apologies, don’t use forums much just went to the product section as I thought it would be the best place to talk about this specific drone.
2022-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ Posted at 8-4 05:21
Apologies, don’t use forums much just went to the product section as I thought it would be the best place to talk about this specific drone.

Ahh but I meant the screw is on a wrong thread. The question is fine.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-4 05:29
Ahh but I meant the screw is on a wrong thread. The question is fine.
Oh right mb, hopefully I’ll be able to fix it once I get some better screwdrivers!
2022-8-4
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ Posted at 8-4 05:31
Oh right mb, hopefully I’ll be able to fix it once I get some better screwdrivers!

$10.79 on Amazon
wera.jpg
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ Posted at 8-4 05:31

Best buy I ever made to use in repairing mobile devices, laptops, drones, cameras, etc with small screws.  Wowstick 1F+ and it comes with 69 bits.  Currently on sale.

Wowstick 1F+

Wowstick 1F+
2022-8-4
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

I did exactly the same.  I tried to look at the threads, but they are so tiny.  I ended up, for peace of mind, just sending it back to DJI to have that motor replaced.
2022-8-4
Use props
fans83686d4d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90394 ft
United States

I would ask DJI what size the thread is and order a bottom tap and clean the threads up carefully.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ended up getting it sorted and flying again.

The thread was on a slight slant making it a bit tricky to screw in, it’s still not in as far down as others though it’s pretty much there and doesn’t seem to cause any issues since it’s flying which is the good thing.

DJI support did say it was a manufacturing fault and they would take it in to repair under their warranty which might be worth doing to make sure it’s correct, not sure though.

Thanks to everyone for supporting with this!
2022-8-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's still not seated correctly or the thread in the motor is the slightest bit suspect I would send it back in and let DJI 'sort it'. You will likely receive a new drone.
It's not an area where you want improperly fitting screws, it the screw comes out in flight you will lose the blade and the drone may crash.
From the outset there is precious little thread to play with and any damage to it reduces the amount.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-4 11:15
If it's still not seated correctly or the thread in the motor is the slightest bit suspect I would send it back in and let DJI 'sort it'. You will likely receive a new drone.
It's not an area where you want improperly fitting screws, it the screw comes out in flight you will lose the blade and the drone may crash.
From the outset there is precious little thread to play with and any damage to it reduces the amount.

Attached a picture of its current state, not perfect but much better.

I see where your coming from and will most likely take that approach!
2EEF61ED-616F-4FD0-A836-A29B5679844D.jpeg
2022-8-4
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_8pQooO8V0BEQ Posted at 8-4 11:21
Attached a picture of its current state, not perfect but much better.

I see where your coming from and will most likely take that approach![Image]

What you going to do if this prop needs replacing in the future ? I would remove the screw, hopefully you have some spare, screw in a new one without the prop to check it gets fully seated but don't fully tighten, unscrew and add the prop, screw back down and tighten. Happy flying.
2022-8-4
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 8-4 11:27
What you going to do if this prop needs replacing in the future ? I would remove the screw, hopefully you have some spare, screw in a new one without the prop to check it gets fully seated but don't fully tighten, unscrew and add the prop, screw back down and tighten. Happy flying.

And hope that the Loctite on the screw survived.
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with replacing the propellers of your DJI Mini 3 Pro and if you feel that your DJI Drone is not working properly in the future. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. For further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-8-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Each blade set/pair come with new screws plus, I think, a couple of spares screws, so reusing old screws for new blades should not be necessary.
Incidentally, I noticed in your thread on mavic pilots that the right hand blade in photo ending 30152 appears severely depressed. If that is not a trick of the viewing angle and the blade's pitch I would suggest that that blade is in need of  a replacement and both blades on a given motor should be replaced as a pair, NOT SINGLY.
2022-8-5
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-4 05:18
Looks like you’re on a wrong thread.

I see what you did there!  The wrong thread, meaning the wrong thread on the forum.  Nicely done!
2022-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules