I am very much looking forward to the upgrade of the Sphere Algor...
1369 25 2022-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3330436 ft
South Korea

I got the new Mini 3 Pro.
Upon receiving the Mini 3 Pro, I expected that in this Mini 3 Pro version, the empty space in the sky would naturally disappear in the sphere picture.
But after I took the picture, there is still a big void area in the sky.
The Mini 3 Pro can shoot with the gimbal upward 60 degrees. But why not take advantage of this great hardware performance?
I am quite disappointed with the same output as the Air2x version.
I hope that the blank area of ​​the sphere photo will be reduced by the upgrade of the camera angle of the Mini 3 Pro.
I am very much looking forward to the upgrade of the Sphere Algorithm on the Mini 3 Pro.

2022-8-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This would really be very nice...   
2022-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 totally agree.
2022-8-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would definitely be an advantage.
2022-8-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That would be a big Plus
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1, that would be a huge advantage.  Hopefully, DJI will take a serious look at your request.  
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lord ERiC. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.  
2022-8-4
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 19:08
Hello there Lord ERiC. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

Tanks for your attention.
2022-8-4
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Thanks DJI you have had SOOOOOOOO many requests for this now I hope you are listening.  Your valued users want to effortlessly capture awesome true 360 X 180's panoramas. It's like having a car that is quite capable of going into 4WD but just hasn't been given a lever to do it! Frustrating... We know you can do this.  While we can do it manually it takes up valuable time and 360X180 panos need to be done as things like clouds can move making stitching tricky. So from ALL of us please make this happen.  Many thanks Bussty
2022-8-5
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
2022-8-5
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

Bussty Posted at 8-5 03:36
Thanks DJI you have had SOOOOOOOO many requests for this now I hope you are listening.  Your valued users want to effortlessly capture awesome true 360 X 180's panoramas. It's like having a car that is quite capable of going into 4WD but just hasn't been given a lever to do it! Frustrating... We know you can do this.  While we can do it manually it takes up valuable time and 360X180 panos need to be done as things like clouds can move making stitching tricky. So from ALL of us please make this happen.  Many thanks Bussty

This is not going to work, Bussty. Remember this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 900&pid=2811645 and our PM correspondence. The gimbal technically cannot be tilted up more than 60°. That's not enough in portrait or landscape mode to close the small gap at the top. No matter how DJI reprograms the sphere software (increasing the spacing between the rows, etc.) – it won't be enough at the top, and a final vertical shot (like the downward one) isn't possible either. DJI simply didn't take it into account that there are people who want to do full spheres. They just wanted to provide Instagram and TikTok users with vertical video.

Any reprogramming of the sphere software with a gap at the top would just be an imperfect improvisation. I don't think DJI will go for that. So we will have to keep doing the 4th row manually and fill the small hole with PS or Affinity Photo. Which is not the worst alternative....

2022-8-5
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

It may be impossible to get the gimbal pointed high enough to capture real data for the very top pixels, but take a look at the sky up there...not exactly a lot of details straight overhead.  Should be trivial to do some simple "content-aware fill" based on nearby real pixel data to fill in the remaining/missing slice of the sky via software.  Given the conditions when looking (literally) straight up, it would work for the sky in 99% of use cases.  Would not work well when shooting inside buildings or caves.  I think most of us could live with that limitation.

This is not really a very difficult problem to solve.
2022-8-5
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

Burstmode Posted at 8-5 09:42
It may be impossible to get the gimbal pointed high enough to capture real data for the very top pixels, but take a look at the sky up there...not exactly a lot of details straight overhead.  Should be trivial to do some simple "content-aware fill" based on nearby real pixel data to fill in the remaining/missing slice of the sky via software.  Given the conditions when looking (literally) straight up, it would work for the sky in 99% of use cases.  Would not work well when shooting inside buildings or caves.  I think most of us could live with that limitation.

This is not really a very difficult problem to solve.

Unfortunately, just filling the narrow gap content-aware is not enough. As soon as cloud structures are in play, the distortions from 2D to 3D would become unmistakable. You definitely need the ability to do the fill within a sphere. This requires programs that can perform retouching in 3D mode. These are – as far as I know – either Photoshop CC 2018 (no later version, they can't do 3D anymore!) or the inexpensive Affinity Photo.

Another tip for manual creation of the 4th row: If you set the sensitivity of the left/right rudder to 0.1, you can finely rotate the centrally located Mini on the compass rose to the left in 8 45° steps (compass rose rotates clockwise). If DJI can't/won't program a new sphere control, it would at least be helpful if they would add additional 45° graduation marks on the compass rose.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lord ERiC Posted at 8-4 22:57
Tanks for your attention.

Hi there Lord ERiC. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am happy with what it does now but it would certainly be an improvement. But nothing I would update for
2022-8-5
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 8-5 07:06
This is not going to work, Bussty. Remember this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=267900&pid=2811645 and our PM correspondence. The gimbal technically cannot be tilted up more than 60°. That's not enough in portrait or landscape mode to close the small gap at the top. No matter how DJI reprograms the sphere software (increasing the spacing between the rows, etc.) – it won't be enough at the top, and a final vertical shot (like the downward one) isn't possible either. DJI simply didn't take it into account that there are people who want to do full spheres. They just wanted to provide Instagram and TikTok users with vertical video.

Any reprogramming of the sphere software with a gap at the top would just be an imperfect improvisation. I don't think DJI will go for that. So we will have to keep doing the 4th row manually and fill the small hole with PS or Affinity Photo. Which is not the worst alternative....

Hey Bernd

I think never say never. I can make full 360X180 panos manually without any hand stitching (yes it involves vertical lens mode) but if I can do it DJI can do it. Let's wait and see and one day one of us will be right

I have only had one pano out of about 6 now that I had to hand fill.

Cheers

Bussty
2022-8-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Here is what PTGUI shows with loading additional row as Vertical and max pitch...

2022-8-6
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

Bussty Posted at 8-6 13:57
Here is what PTGUI shows with loading additional row as Vertical and max pitch...

[view_image]

Last time, out of 8 shots of the 4th row, I took only 2 in portrait mode. Maybe that was too few. The next time I will also try 8 vertical shots. I was only afraid that there would be gaps in the overlaps because of the small width of the shots. But this does not seem to be the case.

One more addition to fill the small gap with 8 landscape shots. There is an option "Interpolate image content" in PanoramaStudio 3 Pro under "Render/Finish panorama". With the previous large omissions of the DJI standard sphere, this function did not give any good results, so I never used it. With the now small sky or cloud hole, however, PS3P does a very good job. So it doesn't necessarily need Photoshop or Affinity Photo to fill the gap anymore!

Curious to see which one of us is right about the sphere update, Bussty

Cheers
Bernd
2022-8-7
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 8-7 00:44
Last time, out of 8 shots of the 4th row, I took only 2 in portrait mode. Maybe that was too few. The next time I will also try 8 vertical shots. I was only afraid that there would be gaps in the overlaps because of the small width of the shots. But this does not seem to be the case.

One more addition to fill the small gap with 8 landscape shots. There is an option "Interpolate image content" in PanoramaStudio 3 Pro under "Render/Finish panorama". With the previous large omissions of the DJI standard sphere, this function did not give any good results, so I never used it. With the now small sky or cloud hole, however, PS3P does a very good job. So it doesn't necessarily need Photoshop or Affinity Photo to fill the gap anymore!

The biggest thing I worry about is when I come across a subject that's all around me that I want to be superfast (why DJI need to make this happen) and doing these manual rows and switching formats takes time so clouds can move the drone can move etc etc

Fingers crossed!

I've always considered the 360x180 panos to be a "viewer" type image but have you seen over in the "Works" section what DarthSLR is doing? He chopping the bottom and top extremes off 360 x 180's and getting some really cool flat images. I was quite impressed, adds another way to show 360 images.

Cheers

Bussty
2022-8-7
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

Bussty Posted at 8-7 01:01
The biggest thing I worry about is when I come across a subject that's all around me that I want to be superfast (why DJI need to make this happen) and doing these manual rows and switching formats takes time so clouds can move the drone can move etc etc

Fingers crossed!

Apart from the fact that DarthSLR's images are massively color and contrast saturated, this is an interesting way of presenting them and very impressive. I know from your photos that you follow an artistic approach and also (apart from the Ansel Adams tribute ;-)) love strong colors. I consider my photos more as documents and strive for a color neutral look. But: Each to his own taste

Cheers
Bernd

2022-8-7
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 8-7 03:36
Apart from the fact that DarthSLR's images are massively color and contrast saturated, this is an interesting way of presenting them and very impressive. I know from your photos that you follow an artistic approach and also (apart from the Ansel Adams tribute ;-)) love strong colors. I consider my photos more as documents and strive for a color neutral look. But: Each to his own taste

Cheers

So true
2022-8-7
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

I just confirmed that the sphere algorithm has been upgraded. Thanks to the DJI developers for their hard work.
2022-8-17
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-5 20:30
Hi there Lord ERiC. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

I just confirmed that the sphere algorithm has been upgraded. Thanks to the DJI developers for their hard work.
2022-8-17
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

Bussty Posted at 8-7 01:01

Fingers crossed!

I take it all back and claim the opposite. Thank you DJI, I would not have thought that the urgent wish of panorama shooters would come true so quickly - and at all. Have so far only made a test pano (only in JPG. RAW was turned off - unnoticed by me even in Pano mode), but that looks really first class.

O.k. Bussty, you win ;-)
2022-8-17
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 8-17 09:41
I take it all back and claim the opposite. Thank you DJI, I would not have thought that the urgent wish of panorama shooters would come true so quickly - and at all. Have so far only made a test pano (only in JPG. RAW was turned off - unnoticed by me even in Pano mode), but that looks really first class.

O.k. Bussty, you win ;-)

Lol... Bernd deep down you knew they would do it but were just protecting yourself from disappointment in case they didn't   Gotta keep the faith. This is a very happy happy day and probably the hardest rain I have seen in a long time so itching to test out the enhanced feature!!
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lord ERiC Posted at 8-17 04:06

Hi there Lord ERiC. You are very much welcome and thank you for the positive feedback that you have given. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2022-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules