Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Video Stutter - PAL/NTSC- f/ware? Help, please, DJI..
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eagle3333
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can anyone, particularly DJI, help where my dealer has been unable to?

Somewhere between the last I2 f/ware update and a new X7, my video lost its smoothness in panning and other movements, to the point it's unusable. Process of elimination finds the problem may be in the PAL/NTSC setting in GO 4. See a PAL test clip (25fps/50th) and an NTSC test clip (30fps/60th) on YT:

PAL 25fps/50th

NTSC 30fps/60th

These are from h264 .mov files straight off of the SD card and not run through any editing s/ware.

You can see NTSC is smooth and fine (apart from the occasional cough which may be my b/band connection). The PAL footage suffers from a quickfire stutter throughout. The issue is the same on both X5S and X7, so it's not the camera. And it's the same whether I view on 50hz monitor or 60hz monitor; so it's not a playback hz issue. I've tried re-installing f/ware 01.02.0600 and it makes no difference. Video shot at 25fps/50th/50hz (PAL) on my Mavic cine is fine. I think whatever module controls my video recording/encoding needs replacing. Does anyone have any other ideas?

My dealer says the issue is the nature of the I2/X7; but the same level of smoothness must be obtainable in both NTSC and PAL? And my footage never used to look like this. I  have to stand op's down until it's sorted; costing me in lost business at a bad time. Meantime, I've emailed DJI Help and asked my dealer to talk to them. I hope they respond quickly - I need to save the second half of the summer..  

(It may be unrelated, but I also get a warning when the X5S is fitted - 'Aircraft encoder Error 0x400000' which disappears after a few seconds. But there's no visible issues with what I'm recording (stills/video) or Crystalsky screen image, other than the PAL/NTSC thing. The gimbal is fitted correctly to the I2. Other times, the I2 won't connect with the controller and everything needs re-starting; or the Crystalsky feed is super slow and breaks up, also necessitating a re-start of all eqpt).  

Thanks.
2022-8-4
Use props
Eagle3333
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's an update for anyone interested. I contacted DJI Support. They were excellent. The Dutch Support dept. was in touch with me throughout last weekend, agreed there's a PAL problem and, at this point, think it may be aircraft sensor-linked. Two days later the I2 is on it's way to them and I'm hopeful they'll replace what needs replacing and return it asap. After reading so much negative press about DJI support, I have to report they've been exemplary with me and performed way beyond my dealer whose position was there was nothing abnormal about my footage.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_WvuDrIArwU11
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Did you get this problem fixed?  I m having the same problem with my inspire 2
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules