No English Language Option (stand-alone DJI RC)
4095 7 2022-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grimz
lvl.1
United States

I purchased a stand-alone DJI RC remote to use with my Mavic 3. I received the remote today, but upon turning it on there is no English language option during the first part of the setup.

As you can see in the video I have swiped up, down, left, and right, but it is simply not there.

A post on the DJI Mavic 3 Mini said that they resolved this issue by turning on their aircraft, then turning on the remote, and the English option appeared. I tried doing this with my Mavic 3, but it didn't help (which makes sense, since my RC remote has never been paired to my Mavic 3, it couldn't receive any language/region information from it).

I know there is another language settings menu once the controller's Android OS runs, but I'm hesitant to pick a language (like Spanish) right now and hope that English will appear in the setup menu.

Has anyone else had this issue? Do I need to send back the controller?

2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I was setting up my RC I couldn't find English either so I picked Spanish and worked my way through set up until the main Fly App came up. Then I could scroll down from top and click on setting button in upper right corner and easily changed the language to English.  Hope this helps.

PS. My Spanish was a bit rusty but I just used google translate to help get me through to the Fly App menu.
2022-8-4
Use props
Grimz
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 14:56
When I was setting up my RC I couldn't find English either so I picked Spanish and worked my way through set up until the main Fly App came up. Then I could scroll down from top and click on setting button in upper right corner and easily changed the language to English.  Hope this helps.

PS. My Spanish was a bit rusty but I just used google translate to help get me through to the Fly App menu.

Thanks!

Lol, I managed to do the same thing. Ended up resetting my password multiple times, and I'm pretty sure I agreed to lease one of my children to DJI for life, but I made it through. By the end of it, I was a native Spanish speaker living in Israel with a timezone of American/Central.

I know that the United States is not DJI's only (or largest) market, but it seems so odd to omit what is probably the first or second most common language from their setup process.
2022-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Grimz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you have already rectified the issue. In addition I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-8-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grimz Posted at 8-4 15:36
Thanks!

Lol, I managed to do the same thing. Ended up resetting my password multiple times, and I'm pretty sure I agreed to lease one of my children to DJI for life, but I made it through. By the end of it, I was a native Spanish speaker living in Israel with a timezone of American/Central.

I do love your sense of humor.  

You're welcome and I'm glad you were able to get it set up.  

Have a nice day and a great weekend.
2022-8-5
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree, love the humor!! I know your RC is already setup, but wondering if you had tried updating the FW via computer before setting the language? Latest App/FW might have fixed the languages bug.
2022-8-5
Use props
fans13e5d26b
lvl.1

United States

I just received my DJI RC and also found that there is no English option or option for any region in the United States. I updated the firmware after putting the language in Spanish and still am not getting an English option not sure what to do now. I guess I can try and see if it does something when I turn on my Mavic three. At this point I am out of ideas
2022-8-28
Use props
fans13e5d26b
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 20:11
Hello there Grimz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you have already rectified the issue. In addition I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

I’d like some additional help please. Same issues.
2022-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules