Let's increase the value of goggles videos by adding information ...
656 6 2022-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3330436 ft
South Korea

As everyone knows, the DJI FPV drone produces two videos.
One is a video of the main body, and the other is a video of goggles.
I would like to talk about the video of goggles here.
There seems to be no reason to save the goggles video separately because the goggles video and the main body video are the same video except that the resolution is lowered and the screen shake is felt. Of course, it has the advantage of being able to determine the location in case of a drone crash. However, it is not easy to find the location of a drone's crash or to determine the cause of the crash with the currently uninformed video.
Now, let's think about how to make this meaningless video into a more differentiated and meaningful video.
Provides the same informational video as seen on the goggles: When using the goggles, various information such as speed, altitude, etc. are displayed. I think it would be very useful if the contents of this screen output were recorded as it is in the stored goggles video.
It would be nice to install an option to save the display information of the goggles on the screen save setting screen. The high-definition video of the main body and the video of the goggles showing flight information, although of low quality, are probably useful in many ways.
I think the subtitle file produced as ancillary to the video is useful, but I think the intuitive information displayed on the goggles is more efficient.
The video of the goggles including the information shown during flight will probably be a very useful video, such as saving the DJI RC screen of the Mini3 Pro as a video.
I hope the DJI FPV Goggles video will be much more useful.

2022-8-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am with you 100%!
2022-8-5
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

I usually only fly with the video recordings from the Goggles, only for security reasons, I don't keep them, but this week I recorded for the first time with both devices.
The advantage of Goggle vids is that they allow you to see more at a lower resolution, whereas drone vids are cropped.

But the coordinates are only visible in the drone vids, they should have been available in the Goggle vids as well, it would be a great help to find a lost drone!!!!
2022-8-5
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

FlyLow Posted at 8-5 10:57
I usually only fly with the video recordings from the Goggles, only for security reasons, I don't keep them, but this week I recorded for the first time with both devices.
The advantage of Goggle vids is that they allow you to see more at a lower resolution, whereas drone vids are cropped.

You're right. Your message also points out a very important point.
So my opinion is to add some options to the recording screen of the goggles.
For example,
[ v ] Record the same screen as during flight.   //  for the Youtube, etc...
[ v ] Display [or srt file saving] coordinates during flight.               //  Help to find the Lost drone, etc.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lord ERiC. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-8-5
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-5 19:05
Hello there Lord ERiC. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you and keep flying.

Thanks for your message.
Have a nice day.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lord ERiC Posted at 8-5 21:04
Thanks for your message.
Have a nice day.

Hi there Lord ERiC. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules