Mimo/Action 2/Pixel6Pro
2484 7 2022-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Davideodotnet
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I know that my Google Pixel 6 is not on the list of acceptable phones... but I did get the Mimo app to sync when I first bought the Action 2, and I believe I had updated the firmware for it. But, after trying later to connect, I resorted to a factory reset on the A2. Now it seems the firmware went back, and I want to update the firmware. I also have a Pixel 3 that I had used successfully with the original Action and my Pocket 2, but I couln't get it to work with the Action 2. Now the Mimo app on the Pixel 3 doesn't work at all anymore. I will try updating the Mimo app for the Pixel 3. Is there any way to update the Action 2 firmware without connecting to a phone?
Dave
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dave. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) application for us to be able to isolate the said issue and kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-8-5
Use props
Davideodotnet
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-5 19:17
Hello there Dave. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) application for us to be able to isolate the said issue and kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

I tried that (a few times) and it looks like Google phones just do not like DJI. Mimo will not work now on either the Pixel 3 or the Pixel 6 Pro. So... the question is, can I update the Action 2 firmware without the Mimo app? If not, I will have no choice I can think of other than buying another phone that is compatible. Can anyone recommend an older used iPhone that I can use that will definitely work with Mimo?
2022-8-7
Use props
Davideodotnet
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I went ahead and bought a used iPhone 11 and within minutes I got the Mimo app and was able to get the Action 2 to connect and also update the firmware. Don't buy an Action 2 or Pocket 2 or a DJI drone if you have a Google Pixel! Or do what I did - buy an iPhone. It works.
2022-8-10
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-5 19:17
Hello there Dave. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) application for us to be able to isolate the said issue and kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi DJI Support, this is to help you confirm that the Google Pixel 1 is fully supported.  We use multiple Google Pixel 1 phones running on Android 10 - and the DJI Mimo app works fine.  These phones are the original Google phones.

Phone was mounted to a mountain bike handlebar allowing viewing and framing of the recorded chest and helmet mounted video.  Works perfectly and syncs immediately most every time.
2022-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

10-Bit Posted at 8-13 22:14
Hi DJI Support, this is to help you confirm that the Google Pixel 1 is fully supported.  We use multiple Google Pixel 1 phones running on Android 10 - and the DJI Mimo app works fine.  These phones are the original Google phones.

Phone was mounted to a mountain bike handlebar allowing viewing and framing of the recorded chest and helmet mounted video.  Works perfectly and syncs immediately most every time.

Hi there 10-Bit. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-8-14
Use props
durinVIII
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11499 ft
Italy

I have been using (for a few days) with great satisfaction my DJI ACTION 2 and my PIXEL 6 (not PRO)
2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_UDgF3F3oToq6
New

United States

My pixel 6 pro will not connect...
Looks like I'll be returning my action 2 dive combo
2022-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules