How its the new firmware doing? Any Issues?
1651 18 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

How are you flying with the new firmware? Any bugs? Any issue? will like to hear from you before updating...
2015-8-5
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Working for me and forgot to do an IMU calibration and a compass calibration prior to flying it. Flew two TB48 batteries and flew it as hard as I could. Flies just the same for me as before the update.

2015-8-5
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334360 ft
United States

New FW update
2015-8-5
Use props
bdmartens
lvl.2

Canada

It appears to work well.  An important caveat is that if you had been involved in a beta test for one of the mobile apps, using a beta firmware with the SDK enabled in it, this will no longer work.  If you had upgraded to 1.3.0, there is no SDK component, and while you can downgrade to a prior firmware, it appears difficult or impossible to re-load your old beta firmwares with the SDK included.

So, if you aren't involved with a beta test of a mobile app using the SDK, then go ahead and enjoy the new firmware.  If you are using this feature, however ,you'd probably be better to wait until firm direction from your beta team as to how to proceed with firmware upgrades.
2015-8-5
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334360 ft
United States

Sorry..New Fw works OK so far for me.  IMU calibration and compass "dance".  Five batteries no problems.  Still have to start motors to get a valid Home Point
2015-8-5
Use props
jeremyconk
lvl.3

United States

Flew 4 batteries to 3% last night after the update.... I had to update my transmitter via USB, not via the new Go App..... The app would not force the controller to update...
But the I1, 4 batteries, and transmitter took about 40 minutes.....    All seemed smooth during flight....  So far, so good...

2015-8-5
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

jeremyconk@me.c Posted at 2015-8-6 07:45
Flew 4 batteries to 3% last night after the update.... I had to update my transmitter via USB, not v ...

I think there is confusion as to how the update to the remote is to be done. The statement should have said update with the sd card as before, but from this point forward all remote updates will be via the app.

I for one thought that the update would be done via the app as well.

Communication is not DJI's strong suit.

Who knew to find the HDR setting you have to be in photo mode and press the shutter button on the ipad. How the hell would anyone know that? But someone figured it out though without documentation.
2015-8-5
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

remltr Posted at 2015-8-6 07:59
I think there is confusion as to how the update to the remote is to be done. The statement should  ...

DJI is not any good writing manuals, and neither communications, hopefully it seems to be that the firmware is working fine, updating right now, hopes that every one of you keep going normal and have many flights without any inconvenience, thanks for posting...

Regards,

Leo
2015-8-5
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-5
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

anyone tried to use or know any more info on the ability to go back to older firmware?  can you use any version you want, just the previously released version, or the previously installed version if you go from 5 version back to current?  Im very hesitant to upgrade unless i know i can return to my much older firmware version that works, pre massive bug problems in the ones between mine and current, any info greatly appreciated, thanks.
2015-8-5
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

all perfectly good at this point.
No hiccups and flying butter smoothly.

The only "issue" is to see a "NEW" product that cost US$2100 less than the I1 get preferential treatment for the new goodies.
2015-8-5
Use props
ddulworth
lvl.1

United States

After new FW update, I can't find IMU calibration?  It used to be under \Sensors\Advanced.  Can someone post a screen shot?  Also, my top speed now is around 25 mph.  It was ~40 mph with previous FW.  Did DJI just put a governor on us?

Thanks,
Dan
2015-8-6
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

Updated I1, 1-T47, 2-T48's and 1 Controller in 45 minutes. No issues
2015-8-6
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Linolens Posted at 2015-8-6 15:59
all perfectly good at this point.
No hiccups and flying butter smoothly.

I have to say its true, the should care more about us, i like your photos on instagram of Macau, great shots!
2015-8-6
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-8-7 06:33
I have to say its true, the should care more about us, i like your photos on instagram of Macau, g ...

thanks Leo.
I have real pleasure doing it
2015-8-6
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Linolens Posted at 2015-8-7 09:06
thanks Leo.
I have real pleasure doing it

You follow my account @drfromsky, and i follow you from there, thanks for your likes!
2015-8-8
Use props
george.solis
lvl.1

China

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=27433&pid=187680&page=1&extra=&mobile=2#pid187680
2015-8-8
Use props
george.solis
lvl.1

China

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=27433&mobile=2
2015-8-8
Use props
george.solis
lvl.1

China

My problem is with the firmware update. I tried updating the firmware to 3.0 yesterday and after 5 min the sound went from dddd to dddddddddddddd i tried different things and yes I put the .bin file in the root directory of my card but nothing worked. I kept getting the same bbbbbbbbbbbbb sound. txt file said not synchronised.Today i tried formatting the card in the inspire and updating again and after about an hour of dddd i got the same dddddddddddddddd sound. Now the inspire makes a louder dddd sound and the not so loud dddd of the firmware update is in the background and the gamble seems to be turned in a awkward angle. exactly how many things have to go wrong with this machine to be able to get a refund? Two months ago I send my inspire for repair because of a crash caused by flyaway. I waited 5 weeks for it to be repaired and send back to me, shortly after another flyaway! In 4 months 12 weeks repair!!!!
2015-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules