(WHITE) FPV Headset is EXPENSIVE... and compatible with NOTHING !
907 2 2022-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbb1cf3fb
lvl.1
United States

BOY HAVE I LEARNED SOME HARD HARD LESSONS THESE PAST FEW WEEKS...

HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro (LOVE everything about this drone)
- DJI FPV "Ocusync" Headset - the WHITE ones (model# G1S)

This FPV headset connected PERFECTLY and works WONDERFULLY with my Mavic2Pro drone :-) ...
BUT...
I wanted to ALSO use this headset to drive my RC TRUCK using FPV as well !

SO I read & researched & studied and finally purchased the DJI "FPV Air Unit" ... AND IT DIDN'T WORK with my "FPV" headset :-O

After MULTIPLE tech support calls I learned that I was SUPPOSED to buy but the DJI "FPV Air Unit OCUSYNC"...
So I RETURNED the (incompatible) FPV Air Unit and I PURCHASED the FPV Air Unit Ocysync... AND IT DIDN'T WORK EITHER with my "FPV Ocysync" headset :-O

HOW can DJI build a $900 set of FPV goggles that work GREAT... BUT ONLY ON A SINGLE MODEL OF DRONE, and NOT with EITHER of their "FPV" Air Units at ALL ????

I think that all the DJI FPV Engineering Team MUST have transferred over from FRIGIDAIRE or ONN or some other Walmart-type KITCHEN APPLIANCE TEAM...
... but RULE #1 of DESIGN IS THIS:
ALWAYS make the MOST EXPENSIVE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT YOU MAKE ALSO THE MOST COMPATIBLE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE YOU MAKE. PERIOD.

And DJI has done precisely the OPPOSITE - they took their MOST EXPENSIVE FPV headset and made it compatible with a SINGLE drone model.
:-O

THAT'S like building an AUTOMOBILE that looks & runs GREAT... but ONLY works with ONE type of FUEL found in only ONE fuel pump in ONE city in the entire country :-|

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING DJI ENGINEERS ???

OFF to RETURN my "FPV Air Unit Ocysync" - yet ANOTHER complete WASTE OF TIME - THANKS DJI !

Mark Vogt | NAR | narobotics.us
2022-8-5
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Don't feel bad. I have the Gray one. Which was marketed as a multi use. Sure it connected to the mavic just fine. Sure it's supposed to be able to pick up analog just fine.. It's still a waste of time and money. The proof of that? They discontinued it.
2022-8-6
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yeah you're thinking of the first "Ocusync 2.0 air unit", that came out around the same time as the RE goggles. I had two of them and they were terrible. Lots of latency, poor quality video, disconnection issues. And one of them flipped my aircraft on its back and flew it into the ground at full speed.

Trust me, you don't want that thing . It's good that DJI discontinued it.

The best use for the white or RE goggles these days is as an external HDMI monitor. Or if you have the MP2 you can use it wirelessly with its Ocusync 2.0 support (which I've done with my MP2 and it works pretty good).

I use my white and RE goggles via HDMI with my MP3 and RC Pro, and they work very well as simple external monitors....
2022-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules