Auto Focus not working
679 5 2022-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thezz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62920 ft
United Kingdom

As a new drone owner and newbie to all this (approx 4 weeks) ,I've finally after a few days realised despite being a professional photographer and knowing all about depth of field, focus, exposure, iso etc, I've now realised it's not user error but the auto focus on the mini 3 pro is not working and how frustrating it is when I kept questioning my use and settings etc. looks like I need to contact the uk customer support for help and hopefully they will sort it out quickly! Is this a problem for others as well?
2022-8-5
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

You could possibly have a bad camera. But, there have been discussions that the camera needs a good amount of light to focus properly and needs a good amount of contrast between subjects for it to find focus. I thought my camera had a focus issue until I realized this.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Thezz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist. Thank you.
2022-8-5
Use props
Thezz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PAROINA Posted at 8-5 15:08
You could possibly have a bad camera. But, there have been discussions that the camera needs a good amount of light to focus properly and needs a good amount of contrast between subjects for it to find focus. I thought my camera had a focus issue until I realized this.

Thanks yes I wondered  about lighting but actually it’s happened several times during really bright and strong contrasty lighting, gimble  up/down low /higher iso etc. It seems to be a fault so this morning it’s being shipped for repair
2022-8-6
Use props
Thezz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-5 19:27
Hello there Thezz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist. Thank you.

Hi Stephen thanks yes I will see if I can find something that demonstrates the issue- I’ve now put a repair case through and hopefully they will let me know when they’ve examined the unit.  
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thezz Posted at 8-6 05:25
Hi Stephen thanks yes I will see if I can find something that demonstrates the issue- I’ve now put a repair case through and hopefully they will let me know when they’ve examined the unit.

Hi there Thezz. Thank you for the reply and it is great to know that you have contacted our DJI Support Team for further assistance. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules