LED Sign Accessory for Mini Drones
766 10 2022-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

The variety of modern electonic gizmos never ceases to amaze me...
Maybe this would suffice as the "digital license plate" aka Remote ID ?  

2022-8-5
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Very genius but almost definitely will not work as remote ID since it can't transmit data.
2022-8-5
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

but what for?
2022-8-5
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Exactly

Not to mention flying must be pretty awkward (if it actually flies at all)...
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TomKatt. Thank you for reaching out and sharing these information with us. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to use 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 2. These 3rd party accessories can add weight and might affect the DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and can void the warranty of your DJI Mini 2 as well. Thank you.
2022-8-5
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think it will be visible from far enough away to qualify for remote ID, but this might:

2022-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 8-6 02:41
I don't think it will be visible from far enough away to qualify for remote ID, but this might:
https://youtu.be/7WyU5bKsSUw

Would love to see how that banner does on a windy day.  Might get ugly fast.  
2022-8-6
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-6 03:19
Would love to see how that banner does on a windy day.  Might get ugly fast.

Am sure the banner would do just fine ..

The drone that it would be dragging along with it? That'd be a different story entirely...

(I was actually looking for a picture of a drone dragging one of those long banners you get towed behind planes, but it seems that hasn't been done yet - or at least not done and posted online. Have I found the only thing that is not on the internet?)
2022-8-6
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol  nonsense
2022-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 8-6 10:15
Am sure the banner would do just fine ..

The drone that it would be dragging along with it? That'd be a different story entirely...

Have I found the only thing that is not on the internet?

Could well be.  Quick search and I didn't find that either.  

2022-8-7
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-5 19:29
Hello there TomKatt. Thank you for reaching out and sharing these information with us. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to use 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 2. These 3rd party accessories can add weight and might affect the DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and can void the warranty of your DJI Mini 2 as well. Thank you.

No offense, but you DJI folks really take some of this stuff too seriously…. Nobody in their right mind would think this led sign accessory is a good idea except the people trying to make money off selling it.  But then again, people can be stupid so I guess you might have to remind them of that lol.
2022-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules