St Michael’s Mount Mini 3 Pro Flyover and Facts
737 17 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mu6ix
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi everyone, here is the Mini 3 Pro flying over St Michael's Mount with a little bit of history and folklore.

Happy flying
2022-8-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superb views.
2022-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful castle and tidal island.  
2022-8-6
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

Nice video, and appreciate the "facts" for some context.  Sadly, there's one inconvenient fact that's missing...

It's a beautiful place, and I'd love to fly over it.  But I'm not willing to blatantly violate airspace rules.  This area has a large, easy-to-find airspace restriction over it -- from 2000' all the way down to the surface.

I don't claim to know anything about airspace restrictions in the UK, so I could plead ignorance.  But I'm not sure how far that would get me, since if you simply google "UK airspace map drone" the first links that come up (in fact, all of them...) point to this:

"UK UAS Restriction Zones" - https://nats-uk.ead-it.com/cms-n ... -restriction-zones/

If you bother to take 10 seconds to look at the map, you'll notice this pretty quickly...

Can't fly there

Can't fly there

Looks to me like RU002A goes from the surface to 2000 feet, and St Michael's Mount sits well within that are (so is the OP's launching point and his entire flight).

Maybe I'm mis-reading the map?  Is my interpretation of UAS restrictions in the UK wrong?  It's possible, I'm just a clueless foreigner on the other side of the world.

But it seems pretty clear to me that nearly every cool video that's posted online, and that receives thanks and praise here and elsewhere, is clear evidence that lots of people simply ignore every rule and regulation and just don't give a chit.

Am I just wrong?  If so, I offer my humble and sincere apology.  But this looks pretty clear to me (from far away).

I know nobody wants to hear this, and I expect to be be attacked here for pointing out the obvious.  But when governments increasingly crack down on drone use (as they have, and as they will continue to do), once we are eventually limited to flying around a small fenced-in field out in the countryside far from anything interesting, you can thank all the idiots who cheerfuly ignore every rule and then seem to be proud of it.
2022-8-6
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57037 ft
Australia

Nice video and good to read some information about the place too.
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mu6ix. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this wonderful aerial video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Great work and keep flying. .
2022-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2022-8-7
Use props
Mu6ix
lvl.2

United Kingdom

davidy61 Posted at 8-6 14:04
Nice video and good to read some information about the place too.

Thanks davidy61, glad you enjoyed it.
2022-8-15
Use props
Mu6ix
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 18:55
Hello there Mu6ix. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this wonderful aerial video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Great work and keep flying.  .

Thank you Stephen, my pleasure
2022-8-15
Use props
Mu6ix
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-7 00:31
Beautiful footage.

Thank you DAFlys
2022-8-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2022-8-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Impressive place good job.
2022-8-15
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

The rules are there.  You ignore them because you just think they don't apply to you, you just don't care.  You're an arrogant, ignorant, spoiled child (apologies to other arrogant spoiled children), and idiots like you will be the cause of drones becoming so restricted that you'll have to stay in an enclosed fence to fly.

Making Drones Great Again.  Enjoy your horse worm pills.
QAnon_shaman.jpg
2022-8-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mu6ix Posted at 8-15 01:52
Thank you Stephen, my pleasure

Hi there Mu6ix. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-8-17
Use props
AirZeee
New

United Kingdom

Burstmode Posted at 8-6 08:49
Nice video, and appreciate the "facts" for some context.  Sadly, there's one inconvenient fact that's missing...

It's a beautiful place, and I'd love to fly over it.  But I'm not willing to blatantly violate airspace rules.  This area has a large, easy-to-find airspace restriction over it -- from 2000' all the way down to the surface.
[Image]

Hey there, the no fly zone you found is to protect a Heliport, which is no longer there (Sainsbury’s is a supermarket built on the site). I live about 25miles away, but good on you for looking out for the interests of your fellow Drone Pilots. Have a great day!
2022-8-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

AirZeee Posted at 8-18 08:31
Hey there, the no fly zone you found is to protect a Heliport, which is no longer there (Sainsbury’s is a supermarket built on the site). I live about 25miles away, but good on you for looking out for the interests of your fellow Drone Pilots. Have a great day!

he's not looking out for the interest of fellow drone pilots.

no respectable drone pilot would advocate, support, or call for tighter restrictions, higher fines, and enhance enforcement techniques based on a few apparent violations that did not result in any death, injury, or damage.
2022-8-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, there are quite a few anomalies in the UK restricted areas that are out of date now. Indeed, some of UK Notam maps show incorrect information published and others omit up to date information.
2022-8-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nicely captured!
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now