Wobble/Jello effect in video
6694 34 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Hi guys, my DJI Mini 3 Pro never crashed and with no damaged propellers do this weird Jello - Wobble effect in video (that becomes unusable). I noticed that happens mostly when side rotating around an object using spotlight mode. My mini 3 is updated with latest firmware.

2022-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely visible.  Have you tried to calibrate the gimbal?
2022-8-6
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-6 05:05
Definitely visible.  Have you tried to calibrate the gimbal?

Yes, already recalibrated the gimbal
2022-8-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

StevenQX Posted at 8-6 05:06
Yes, already recalibrated the gimbal

Was just asking as I had that same wobble effect and a gimbal recalibration fixed it for me on my Mini 3.  Good luck in resolving the issue on your drone.  
2022-8-6
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-6 05:10
Was just asking as I had that same wobble effect and a gimbal recalibration fixed it for me on my Mini 3.  Good luck in resolving the issue on your drone.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me (first video when i notice the issue, second video after gimbal auto calibration)
2022-8-6
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

Any filters installed? My first thought is unbalanced props, but second is the gimbal motors fighting too hard.
2022-8-6
Use props
fans6a1cfd45
lvl.1

South Korea

Too much wind, the camera shakes too much, gimbal cant handle it
2022-8-6
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

jefish Posted at 8-6 07:00
Any filters installed? My first thought is unbalanced props, but second is the gimbal motors fighting too hard.

No filter installed
2022-8-6
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

fans6a1cfd45 Posted at 8-6 07:27
Too much wind, the camera shakes too much, gimbal cant handle it

There was less than 15km/h wind... I don't think this should be a problem for the mini 3
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there StevenQX. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Mini 3 Pro and you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and stuill the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any nicks in the props and is a prop bent more than the others? I have seen at least 3 with this issue now, yours is on par with at least one of those, the other is 100x worse.

Just wondering if these props are getting damaged when pulled out or put in the bag, after all, they are loose, or it could be that you're using a prop protector and its squishing the props because its too tight?
2022-8-6
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

Bashy Posted at 8-6 20:38
Any nicks in the props and is a prop bent more than the others? I have seen at least 3 with this issue now, yours is on par with at least one of those, the other is 100x worse.

Just wondering if these props are getting damaged when pulled out or put in the bag, after all, they are loose, or it could be that you're using a prop protector and its squishing the props because its too tight?
I've no bag at the moment because I'm waiting to buy fly more kit so i keep the drone inside its original box (no damage on propellers). I've no lockers for propeller too.
2022-8-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevenQX Posted at 8-7 00:53
I've no bag at the moment because I'm waiting to buy fly more kit so i keep the drone inside its original box (no damage on propellers). I've no lockers for propeller too.

Perhaps you've been unlucky and you have an out-of-balance prop, do they all look ok whilst spinning, i mean do they look the same? either that or the gimbal is the issue, best get on to support@dji.com
2022-8-7
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

I sent it to DJI, UPS says that is arrived yesterday but on my case repair status is still on "Not yet arrived"...take some days to update status?
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_sUZ5vtueXcxn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29669 ft
United States

Mine did the same thing but more pronounced wobble. I have recalibrated the gimbal and just doesn't do it all the time.  Ill continue to see if it shows up again
2022-8-13
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

I’m also getting this mostly when zooming in and out, what’s the solution?
2022-8-14
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

StevenQX Posted at 8-12 22:35
I sent it to DJI, UPS says that is arrived yesterday but on my case repair status is still on "Not yet arrived"...take some days to update status?

I’ve watched that video a few times and, to me,  it looks like electrical interference. Like maybe a noisy or leaky power supply/transmitter or something of the sort instead of something physical. You might ask DJI to look at that issue.
2022-8-14
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

Here’s my footage: https://youtube.com/shorts/30fLFfNagCc?feature=share

When editing and zooming in 6x in the clip, I notice this shake, is this normal?

Zoomed 6x in editing: https://youtube.com/shorts/7i2wU11D7HM?feature=share
2022-8-19
Use props
k69
lvl.2
Czechia

Hi guys, today I tried my brand new Mini 3 Pro. It was 1st fligt after unboxing, but I got big jello in footage several times: no strong wing, temperature around 10°C. Is my bird defective or is there anything what shall I do?
2022-11-6
Use props
fansf7841873
lvl.1
United States

k69 Posted at 2022-11-6 10:57
Hi guys, today I tried my brand new Mini 3 Pro. It was 1st fligt after unboxing, but I got big jello in footage several times: https://youtu.be/ZCzyKm1x23E no strong wing, temperature around 10°C. Is my bird defective or is there anything what shall I do?

Have your issue been resolved? I am having the same issue.
2023-1-7
Use props
fansf7841873
lvl.1
United States

StevenQX Posted at 2022-8-12 22:35
I sent it to DJI, UPS says that is arrived yesterday but on my case repair status is still on "Not yet arrived"...take some days to update status?

Have your issue been resolved? I am having the same issue.
2023-1-7
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine has frequent problems with jello in the video too, ever since new. Calibrate it all you want, replace all the props, no help. The problem seems to be that a drone this small gets a bit shaky with anything more than maybe 7 kph wind. Usually, the problem is worse when flying into the wind. I feel that when I have the heavier plus battery installed, I see less of this vibration issue. So again, it is the lightness of the aircraft simply making it susceptible to wind shaking it around. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has NOT seen the jello effect in their video, with this AC. I saw reviews on youtube with por reviewers, even they had jello in their videos. I tried Autel's Nano+ and that aircraft will barely go forward in a 10mph wind, it literally moves about 1 mile per hour with a stiff wind in it's face. So that was apparently their solution the jellow problem. But that can make it impossible to get your AC home! The lighter the aircraft, the more wind vibrates it's video. So for a solution to jello video on the Mini 3 Pro, the battery Plus adds some weight, this will help some. Also, Slow down your flying or fly with the wind at your back, both will help smooth 'jello' vibrations. In your editing app, stabilize and correct for rolling shutter. I use Final Cut Pro X and I have gotten very good results by stabilizing with the SmoothCam mode (turn down the scale smoothing to about half the default), and click the rolling shutter box to adjust for that. My results are often so good that you can't tell there was ever any wobble at all in the video.
2023-1-25
Use props
LeviewFPV
lvl.1

Argentina

Since latest firmware update, I'm getting a TON of Jello when the gimbal is straight down... changed all the props, so no problem there, recalibrated everything 10 times, I'm still getting this issue and no one seems to know what is going on. Really frustrating as I work with this drone!
2023-3-9
Use props
J.Paradis
lvl.1

Switzerland

I have the same problem with the Jello affect. https://youtu.be/fcHhwgc71PA
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

J.Paradis Posted at 6-4 17:31

Hi there. We have responded to your concern in this thread. Rest assured that we'll keep you posted.
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_wTt4hHG0FrPl
New

Nigeria

J.Paradis Posted at 6-4 17:31

I’m have same problem. Please lemme know when you find a solution to this problem. My WhatsApp number is +2348035586647
2023-6-16
Use props
djiuser_vC09HCXHS3eZ
lvl.1

Slovenia

Got the drone two days ago.... It was my first test today and I have the same jello problem when gimbal is facing down and drone is not moving. When gimbal is centered image is still. There was no wind. I tried calibration without success.
I requested replacement
2023-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_vC09HCXHS3eZ Posted at 6-17 05:44
Got the drone two days ago.... It was my first test today and I have the same jello problem when gimbal is facing down and drone is not moving. When gimbal is centered image is still. There was no wind. I tried calibration without success.
I requested replacement

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to know that you came up with a decision to send the unit in for replacement. If you have further inquiries about your new unit, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-25
Use props
ianzaft73
lvl.1

Philippines

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2023-1-25 07:32
Mine has frequent problems with jello in the video too, ever since new. Calibrate it all you want, replace all the props, no help. The problem seems to be that a drone this small gets a bit shaky with anything more than maybe 7 kph wind. Usually, the problem is worse when flying into the wind. I feel that when I have the heavier plus battery installed, I see less of this vibration issue. So again, it is the lightness of the aircraft simply making it susceptible to wind shaking it around. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has NOT seen the jello effect in their video, with this AC. I saw reviews on youtube with por reviewers, even they had jello in their videos. I tried Autel's Nano+ and that aircraft will barely go forward in a 10mph wind, it literally moves about 1 mile per hour with a stiff wind in it's face. So that was apparently their solution the jellow problem. But that can make it impossible to get your AC home! The lighter the aircraft, the more wind vibrates it's video. So for a solution to jello video on the Mini 3 Pro, the battery Plus adds some weight, this will help some. Also, Slow down your flying or fly with the wind at your back, both will help smooth 'jello' vibrations. In your editing app, stabilize and correct for rolling shutter. I use Final Cut Pro X and I have gotten very good results by stabilizing with the SmoothCam mode (turn down the scale smoothing to about half the default), and click the rolling shutter box to adjust for that. My results are often so good that you can't tell there was ever any wobble at all in the video.

mine also. I have the jello effect on my mini 3 pro. I guess its the wind that is causing..
4-6 06:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ianzaft73 Posted at 4-6 06:14
mine also. I have the jello effect on my mini 3 pro. I guess its the wind that is causing..

Hello, Ian. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to have a test flight in a different location to further isolate the issue? You may upload the original footage via Google Drive and send the link here so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
4-6 20:46
Use props
ianzaft73
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-6 20:46
Hello, Ian. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to have a test flight in a different location to further isolate the issue? You may upload the original footage via Google Drive and send the link here so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

I figure out the problem, I switch to the lighter battery which is the 249g and then no wobble again. I compare the battery plus and the stock one, when i use the battery plus theres a jello but when the 249g battery there isnt a wobble..
4-7 01:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ianzaft73 Posted at 4-7 01:55
I figure out the problem, I switch to the lighter battery which is the 249g and then no wobble again. I compare the battery plus and the stock one, when i use the battery plus theres a jello but when the 249g battery there isnt a wobble..

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
4-8 02:16
Use props
ianzaft73
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-8 02:16
Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!

thank you but the jello effect still persist. I change propeller from official DJI Store and It works flawlessly now..
yesterday 01:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ianzaft73 Posted at 4-18 01:53
thank you but the jello effect still persist. I change propeller from official DJI Store and It works flawlessly now..

We appreciate you for keeping us posted. We are happy to be informed that your drone is working flawlessly right now. The reason why we asked you for a video showing the issue before is to identify the main cause of the issue by reviewing the video. Other cases with video issues is caused by a damaged propeller. Regardless, if you experience any issues again, feel free to contact us. We are more than happy to help. Thank you for your valued support.
yesterday 23:41
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It’s called Rolling Shutter. It’s a common issue for small sensor cameras. Much has been done by manufacturers to remove it or minimize it. I’ll bet it happens when you are recording a complicated l pattern like the leaves on the tree.  Typically during a pan.

I’d suggest that DJI see it as a bad sensor and replace  the unit. But I’d also suggest you change your shutter to be a multiple of the frames per second. So, 60fps should be shot at 1/60th, 1/120 fps, etc.  it may correct thing, it may not.

I hope this helps. It was pretty common  20 years ago in the move from film to video on digital cameras.  
3 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules