• >>>
Italy

My DJI MINI 3 PRO range test in CE MODE, how do you think

2022-8-6
Use props
zzjollygreenzz
lvl.1

United States

Can you go back to that location and go to settings and click on the transmission tab and show us what options you have available for the flight?  Do you have a screen that has dual-band, 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz available?
2022-8-6
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

ce / fcc does not matter anymore
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Michele990. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video that you have filmed. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-8-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 8-6 12:48
ce / fcc does not matter anymore

Pretty much does, FCC is more powerful.
2022-8-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Michele, I noticed that the radar wasn't showing a good RC to drone alignment, 1st off the RC probably needs a good compass calibration (not drone). Also, on the radar there's the RC indicator dot with an arrow in the top left, click that and then it will position the RC indicator in the center of the radar and the drone on the outside. The RC indicator will turn green when there is a good horizontal alignment, despite what others may think, this is very much needed when doing a range test. Also, the vertical alignment is also very much needed too, it has to be spot on, i.e. the top of the RC must be pointing at the drone and at 3km, your RC screen should be very nearly 100% horizontal (flat), not easy to do in a sitting down position. eg

This is why you only reached 3km, it would have done 6km if you had had a better alignment on both axis, and whilst you probably think you did have, you deffo didn't, it would be worth trying this run again
2022-8-6
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Bashy Posted at 8-6 20:05
Pretty much does, FCC is more powerful.

Fromthe time  ocu sync is presented, you fly 3-4km away and going back no matter CE/FCC. New aircrafts are GL (global) or Japan versions (battery) only i think
2022-8-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zzjollygreenzz Posted at 8-6 09:01
Can you go back to that location and go to settings and click on the transmission tab and show us what options you have available for the flight?  Do you have a screen that has dual-band, 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz available?

Did you watch the video… he showed that
2022-8-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 8-6 21:50
Fromthe time  ocu sync is presented, you fly 3-4km away and going back no matter CE/FCC. New aircrafts are GL (global) or Japan versions (battery) only i think

What are you talking about
2022-8-6
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Ocu Sync made CE/FCC transmitter difference unnoticeable. On the box there are no information about version CE/FCC, ale are GL (global)
2022-8-6
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

fateofangel Posted at 8-6 23:11
Ocu Sync made CE/FCC transmitter difference unnoticeable. On the box there are no information about version CE/FCC, ale are GL (global)

According to the DJI specs….

FCC has 6 dB more power in the 2.4 GHz Band than CE
FCC has 9 dB more power in the 5.8 GHz Band than CE

As far as I have understood, Ocusync it's a system to dinamícally change the transmition channels/band to select the one with less interference and for that, better transmition quality, but power is power !
2022-8-7
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

juan55 Posted at 8-7 00:24
According to the DJI specs….

FCC has 6 dB more power in the 2.4 GHz Band than CE

Yes but in most cases flying in CE gives you bigger range possibilities than power / battery can handle, so FCC becomes pointless
2022-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 8-7 01:08
Yes but in most cases flying in CE gives you bigger range possibilities than power / battery can handle, so FCC becomes pointless

FCC has a lot better range than CE, thats 100% right, you can take that to the bank ;) Hence i will be using FCC as soon as i get some spare cash
2022-8-7
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Bashy Posted at 8-7 07:41
FCC has a lot better range than CE, thats 100% right, you can take that to the bank ;) Hence i will be using FCC as soon as i get some spare cash

how you gonna achieve this ?
2022-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 8-7 07:56
how you gonna achieve this  ?

modded app, for me, after the range tests are complete, its not just about distance, the extra power FCC affords you, means its less likely to break connection when working close by, also i will get at least 1 plus battery, add this together and it will mean that hyperlapses shouldn't be limited as they are now.
2022-8-7
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Bashy Posted at 8-7 19:53
modded app, for me, after the range tests are complete, its not just about distance, the extra power FCC affords you, means its less likely to break connection when working close by, also i will get at least 1 plus battery, add this together and it will mean that hyperlapses shouldn't be limited as they are now.

thats true, please share how your test gonna happen
2022-8-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for making (and sharing)!
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced