Dji fly app doesn't work.
4169 38 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tenyru
New

India

Today I wanted to fly my drone with my Google Pixel 5 (android is up to date) like always... But the app won't start at all. It crashes immediately after starting it. I have already reinstalled it a few times from the DJI website and restarted my phone many times. Has anybody experienced the same issues lately?

Thank you very much for your helping!

2022-8-6
Use props
Skydawg53
New

United States

I have a Pixel 6 and tried the DJI Fly app for the first time today. It does the same with me. Splash screen starts and it crashes.
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tenyru. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Google Pixel 5 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 5 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
Kasekuchen
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 20:19
Hello there tenyru. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Google Pixel 5 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 5 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

hello support, I think it is really very good that dji here in the forum quickly and gives feedback to all questions. I am therefore happy about your support, I would like to emphasize.

In the case of the app, however, I must say that currently many users have this problem. and it is hardly due to one type of device. I (pixel 6 and mini 3 pro) and my brother (pixel 4 and mavic 2) have the same problem here.

I would like to see a little more support than always saying to reinstall the app.
as you quite know. the drone is unusable without a working app

2022-8-7
Use props
dj8kl
lvl.1
Germany

I have the same problem after trying to use my Pixel6 with Android12 for the first time.  Installed latest DJI Fly from the DJI download page, where says 1.6.8. The Pixel6 is among the recommended devices on this page. Btw: the downloaded .apk is 1.6.9.  Very frustrating!
2022-8-7
Use props
From the River
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94619 ft
Spain

Hi everybody.

I've used Mini2 with my Oppo X5 (up to date) for last 4 months with no troubles until last update. The app crashes and there is no way to work with them at all.
Indeed, the app doesn't appear on Play Store for in phone.
I don't know what is going on but it's very frustrating everything is ok for months and suddenly it doesn't work. Reason??
2022-8-7
Use props
fans0e648f58
New
Spain

I use a Google pixel 4 and up until today it was working fine. However today it crashed whenever you try to open it.    I've deleted the app, updated android , reinstalled the app through the website as recommended and even tried an external APK installer.   No success anywhere , nobody on YouTube seems to have a valid solution either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_7RVo58ziIA2R
New
Flight distance : 108812 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem with the app on Motorola g50.

The app worked very well until yesterday.

I tried everything with no luck.

Does it mean I need new phone to use the app?
2022-8-7
Use props
Crackwood
lvl.1
Canada

Hello there tenyru. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Google Pixel 5 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 5 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

Pixel 6 is recommended but not Pixel 6 pro ??  is there something different that makes it crash on the pro like mine ?
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dear all:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please don't worry, our relevant team is checking this problem.

If you are urgent about this issue, you can also ask me for a test file. (You can contact me via PM)

Besides, if you need any support, you can contact us anytime here.
2022-8-8
Use props
Kasekuchen
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 01:05
Dear all:

test file is working =)
thanks for the quick help.

hopefuly this fix will come offical soon
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kasekuchen Posted at 8-8 05:17
test file is working =)
thanks for the quick help.

Thanks for the update. We are glad to see your problem is resolved.
2022-8-8
Use props
sverardo
New
Flight distance : 60948 ft
Belgium

Hello there tenyru. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Google Pixel 5 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 5 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

It's a joke? Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 pro are very similar.
2022-8-8
Use props
fans5ad8af73
New

Switzerland

pixel 5 still does not work. The app crashes on the splash screen. Can I please have some support here ?
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sverardo@gmail.com Posted at 8-8 05:28
It's a joke? Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 pro are very similar.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. And we have sent you a PM, could you please check?
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans5ad8af73 Posted at 8-8 06:40
pixel 5 still does not work. The app crashes on the splash screen. Can I please have some support here ?

Hi, there.
We are checking this problem now.
And if you are urgent about this issue and if your app is DJI FLY
You can contact me via PM, then I can help you more with this problem.
You can check the details via the below photo:
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_4vkRCFwKXMos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340587 ft

United Kingdom

This is not the first time this has happened. I wento use the app but it will not stay open I am using a Moto g30. When I got home I dug out an older Moto g8 and the app works fine, it seems daft that the app on my main phone won't keep open yet will on an older cheaper phone.

Do I need to uninstall the app find and download it so that I can reinstall it it? I always keep updated with the firmware.
2022-8-9
Use props
JoshBRS
New
Flight distance : 796811 ft
United States

Dear all:

Can I please get a link for the test file? I have a Google Pixel 3 XL that the DJI Fly app was working last Thursday but then Friday would not work
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_KsS9coTizmYT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66375 ft
Germany

Dear all:

How can I do that test file?
I am on vacation trying to get my mini2 to work. It was working fine but now the app is crashing before even opens.
I am using a Oneplus 8 pro. All software updates and running Android 12
2022-8-10
Use props
Vma99
lvl.1

France

same problem since monday. Very strange
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_yrQ8BYT2pzys
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dear all:

Hi Natalie,
Having same issue with the app crashing on opening. Mini 2 user with samsung s21 plus. Any help be appreciated as on holiday and plenty shots to take lol
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_7PPyfBTRCPVj
New
Mexico

Dear all:

Hi, how can i get the test file. Dji fly also isn't opening
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_55DOXmW0LnBF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922802 ft
United States

Dear all:

Hi I would definitely like to download the test app. How do I PM you?
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_4vkRCFwKXMos
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Natalie can you pleased post the test file link as I missed a great day for using my drone with my main phone. I'd really like this sorted.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_4vkRCFwKXMos
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_55DOXmW0LnBF Posted at 8-10 14:12
Hi I would definitely like to download the test app. How do I PM you?

I also wanted to PM Natalie but couldn't find out how to
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_55DOXmW0LnBF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922802 ft
United States

djiuser_4vkRCFwKXMos Posted at 8-10 14:17
I also wanted to PM Natalie but couldn't find out how to

I switched to the desktop site on my phone and was able to PM her. Try switching to the Desktop site. Good luck!
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_CJeIVUDPL0h6
lvl.1
Malta

I sent a PM to Natalia but no answer. I have the same problem with a pixel 6. The weird think is that, frustrated buy the app, i factory reset the pixel and reinstall the DJI fly app. For a couple of hours it worked and then keep crushing
2022-8-11
Use props
Adrenalin_UK
New

United Kingdom

Same issue with Samsung S22 Ultra, was working fine then nothing, just kicks the app out on stratup
Could I have a link to the beta/test app sent to me please

Thanks
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_KsS9coTizmYT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66375 ft
Spain

djiuser_KsS9coTizmYT Posted at 8-10 07:11
How can I do that test file?
I am on vacation trying to get my mini2 to work. It was working fine but now the app is crashing before even opens.
I am using a Oneplus 8 pro. All software updates and running Android 12

@dji Natalia
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_VXED273gdffF
New
France

Dear all:

Hi,
My dji fly app worked fine until today.
I have pixel 6 and dji mini 2.
Pleae send me the test file so ic an use the drone, I'm traveling so it is urgent.
Thx!
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_RY91gEQo0Cky
New
United States

I'm having the same issue. I have the pixel5a and the reinstalled the Fly app and still no luck.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_4vkRCFwKXMos
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does DJI not care about the people who have paid out a lot of money and not be able to use its products as expected
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_dQW2mbkeP7ek
New

United States

Major problems with DJI app in Android users it does not open at all please address this issue as it affects all of us this is day 4
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_dQW2mbkeP7ek
New

United States

Are there any answers and solution to this problem. Almost day 5 of not being able to use dji fly app for android users. Doesn't open at all keeps crashing
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_4vkRCFwKXMos
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does DJI not care about the people who have paid out a lot of money out. There doesn't seem to be a reliable answer or a DJI rep in the forum's?
2022-8-14
Use props
DCTG
lvl.1

Israel

Downloaded the app from the  DJI site
Used my PC. It downloaded 1.6.10 (though the site title is still 1.6.8).
Copied it to my phone (Pixel 6 pro) via OneDrive.
App seems to work. (it does not crash anymore)
Did not fly yet, though.
2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_4vkRCFwKXMos
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DCTG Posted at 8-14 00:54
Downloaded the app from the  DJI site
Used my PC. It downloaded 1.6.10 (though the site title is still 1.6.8).
Copied it to my phone (Pixel 6 pro) via OneDrive.

FINALLY a response that gives a little more confidence that users may count beyond paying for these machines and accessories.

Having to download the app/file again this time to my One Drive folder on a PC then download it on my phone from One Drive to install it was somewhat frustrating, but if this way works then it would have been worth it.

Especially as attempts to get a test file from "Natalie" if she exists was a pointless exercise.

Before installing the app I gave the phone a good cache/file clean. I then installed the file and was so relieved to find the app finally opened and stayed open.

I will test fly in the morning but I'm pleased to take a step forward. I can only hope that DJI look into this problem as it has been quite spalling to have users crying out for help on one of its products and very little response
2022-8-14
Use props
richard37
lvl.1

India

Today I wanted to fly my drone with my Google Pixel 5 (android is up to date) like always... But the app won't start at all. It crashes immediately after starting it. I have already reinstalled it a few times from the DJI website and restarted my phone many times. Has anybody experienced the same issues lately?
https://showbox.bio  https://tutuapp.uno/
Thank you very much for your helping!!!!

I got this,...
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_PuNnxNpu98Nz
New

United States

September 11th here. USA. Still no fix for the app and Pixel 5. Support website sucks also. Just spins in online chat. Are these people out to lunch?
2022-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules