Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly App 1.6.9 insta-crashes on Pixel 6 Pro
123Next >
7005 81 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atsushi73
New

India

Not sure if the latest Android update did something but the DJI Fly app insta crashes now. I am running the stable version of Android, not the beta. Anyone else having issues? I cannot fly my drone at all now.

I have reinstalled the app and nothing.

I remember when the Pixel 6 launched the app was doing the exact same thing, but come on.

2022-8-6
Use props
Skydawg53
New

United States

I have a Pixel 6 and the DJI Fly app crashes on the splash screen. I hope they can fix this.
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_iuCnkyqDIkZk
New
Flight distance : 1125469 ft
United States

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Pixel 6. Updated the OS And now the DJI fly app crashes 2 seconds after opening. I do not have a replacement phone to use ( as I've seen suggested before) so this is extremely frustrating and renders the drone completely unusable!
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_lNh6G0elNLyQ
New
United States

Greetings, having a similar issue. App was working great two days ago now it won't stop crashing immediately after opening.
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there atsushi73. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_Bz9KpB5XJarn
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 20:21
Hello there atsushi73. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Hello i have the same Problem with my Pixel 6 and i have deleted the app and reinstalled it nothing works.
I hope the problem can be fixed.
Thanks Markus
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_BUcxxOsEivET
lvl.1

Germany

Same Problem... Pixel 6  with Stable Firmware. reinstalling dji fly app... no success
2022-8-7
Use props
tindurboxFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211719 ft
United States

I am having the same problem on a Pixel 3 XL. The splash screen pops up, and the app closes, though it shows as still running when I look through open apps.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_BY5jEzKK4aNq
New
Canada

Same problem as well. Reinstalled from a fresh download too.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_YLYNBv2ZEYQY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1359488 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Bz9KpB5XJarn Posted at 8-7 03:09
Hello i have the same Problem with my Pixel 6 and i have deleted the app and reinstalled it nothing works.
I hope the problem can be fixed.
Thanks Markus

Mines decided to do the same but I haven't noticed a phone update in the last week or so .
All was fine 3 weeks ago .
Hope they get a fix soon or I'll be losing money .
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_zquR0BrAHKDu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57608 ft
Puerto Rico

Mavic Mini 2 Unfortunately I was left without using my Drone and OM 5, it is not compatible with Android 12. I have Pixel 6 Pro and had not had any problems.  They should fix this problem.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_lysPhSSk65zD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178337 ft
United States

Pixel 6 owner here running the latest stable android 12. Same here. This is extremely frustrating. It was working fine a week ago and my phone didn't do any updates. I also have the Mimo app that was crashing. Even the DJI store app as well.  Basically every apk. Fix this asap!
2022-8-7
Use props
Crackwood
lvl.1
Canada

Same issue with the Pixel 6 pro.  It was working when I received the new phone 2 weeks ago and since yesterday , for no reason it is always crashing while working fine the night before.
2022-8-7
Use props
reaktorgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI no longer cares about Android users. I found this out today when I tried to fly my Mavic 2 Pro.

Luckily I had Litchi installed. The latest update works perfectly on Android 12. At least there is an option to get you flying again (no thanks to DJI)
2022-8-7
Use props
RogueJack
lvl.1
Italy

I have been experiencing this since yesterday. Worked fine for a few weeks, then all of a sudden the app crashes immediately.
Makes the drone completely useless.
Luckily it was my lasy day of holiday, otherwise I'd be much angrier.

I have a Pixel 6, a device officially supported.
This is completely unacceptable.
For the record, I
  • Wiped cache and storage
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled
  • Installed an older version
  • Wiped everything from the phone storage related to the DJI Fly app

Nothing worked.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dear all:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please don't worry, our relevant team is checking this problem.

If you are urgent about this issue, you can also ask me to get more help. (You can contact me via PM)

Besides, if you need any support, you can contact us anytime here.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_uoLp5BGg9tmx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265545 ft
United States

I'm in the same non-flying boat with Pixel 6 after Android 12 latest update.  Insta-crash for DJI Fly.  Cleared cache with no improvement.  Based on the problems I'm seeing here, not sure it's worth reinstalling DJI Fly.  Maybe I can try reverting to the previous Android release...that process looks complicated to my untrained eye.  Will also try DJI Fly tonight on my wife's iPhone.  

Did not realize this was a a possibility when I made the inve$tment in this drone.  Hoping for a quick resolution...
2022-8-8
Use props
sverardo
New
Flight distance : 60948 ft
Belgium

Same problem with no issue. What can we do? Is it acceptable?
2022-8-8
Use props
fans68b42f14
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 01:07
Dear all:

Test version (1.6.12) doesn't crash for me anymore on Pixel 6. I still need to try flying the drone with it though
2022-8-8
Use props
trad01
lvl.1

United States

Pixel 4a was using FLY 1.6.9 without issue numerous times in July, but today it instantly crashes.  Force stop the FLY app doesn't help. Rebooting phone doesn't help.  Clearing cache doesn't help.  Reinstalling FLY app 1.6.9 from dji.com doesn't help.  

Using a different Pixel 4A (wifi only phone no SIM installed that had just been erased to factory original), and installing 1.6.9 on this phone works fine.  I don't want to factory erase my  normal phone.  UGGH.....  If anybody has a new FLY App that seems to resolve the issue, please PM me.

2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_uoLp5BGg9tmx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265545 ft
United States

Dear all:

Hi Natalia I'm new to the forum and not sure how to send a PM.  I am definitely interested in trying a test file as I need my drone for Wednesday.  Please let me know how to get in touch.  Thank you!
2022-8-8
Use props
sverardo
New
Flight distance : 60948 ft
Belgium

fans68b42f14 Posted at 8-8 05:39
Test version (1.6.12) doesn't crash for me anymore on Pixel 6. I still need to try flying the drone with it though

Hello, can you share this file? Thx
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_noABGmwSF2u4
New
Ireland

Hello, can I also get the test file. I need a resolution asap.
2022-8-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18737251 ft
United States

this beta 2  loaded for me, I'm not sure if I can trust it, I have not test flown it yet on this app
[url]https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download[/url] 1621503481065-DJI-v1.kUuFLo-7.4.2-210514-1006-48008-official-sec-android12beta[/url]
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_zquR0BrAHKDu
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Mavic Mini 2 Greetings, it will be possible to share the beta 1.6.12 app file in order to test and be sure that they will have a solution.  Thank you
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_zquR0BrAHKDu
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Dear all:

Natalia, Greetings, it will be possible to share the beta 1.6.12 app file in order to test and be sure that they will have a solution.  Thank you
2022-8-8
Use props
fans68b42f14
lvl.1
Canada

Just send a personal message (you have to use desktop site, it doesn't work from mobile site for some reason) to DJI Natalia and you'll get an autoreply with the link
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_uoLp5BGg9tmx Posted at 8-8 04:00
I'm in the same non-flying boat with Pixel 6 after Android 12 latest update.  Insta-crash for DJI Fly.  Cleared cache with no improvement.  Based on the problems I'm seeing here, not sure it's worth reinstalling DJI Fly.  Maybe I can try reverting to the previous Android release...that process looks complicated to my untrained eye.  Will also try DJI Fly tonight on my wife's iPhone.  

Did not realize this was a a possibility when I made the inve$tment in this drone.  Hoping for a quick resolution...

It would be solved soon, please don't worry.
If your problem is urgent, please let us know. We will send you a PM to help you more.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_zquR0BrAHKDu Posted at 8-8 15:14
Natalia, Greetings, it will be possible to share the beta 1.6.12 app file in order to test and be sure that they will have a solution.  Thank you

I have sent you a PM, please check.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_noABGmwSF2u4 Posted at 8-8 11:03
Hello, can I also get the test file. I need a resolution asap.

I have sent you a PM, please check.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sverardo@gmail.com Posted at 8-8 08:51
Hello, can you share this file? Thx

Yes, I have sent you a PM, please check.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_uoLp5BGg9tmx Posted at 8-8 08:32
Hi Natalia I'm new to the forum and not sure how to send a PM.  I am definitely interested in trying a test file as I need my drone for Wednesday.  Please let me know how to get in touch.  Thank you!

Hi, there. Please check the following way to check your PM. And we have already sent you the PM as well, please check.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans68b42f14 Posted at 8-8 05:39
Test version (1.6.12) doesn't crash for me anymore on Pixel 6. I still need to try flying the drone with it though

Thank you for the update!
If you need any more support, please let us know.
2022-8-8
Use props
Parsec82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49800 ft

Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 17:38
Thank you for the update!
If you need any more support, please let us know.

Is possible to have the test file? I have pixel 6
2022-8-8
Use props
RogueJack
lvl.1
Italy

Can I also have the link to the test version please?
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_6SwV9hiJP70u
New

Canada

P6, latest A12, just bought a Mini 2. Worked for 2 weeks and now crashes on launch for no reason, cleared cache, storage, reinstalled, nothing works. I'm not factory resetting for a single faulty app that isn't on the Play Store for some weird reasons...

Get it together DJI, I won't recommend your stuff to any friends until you fix this.
2022-8-9
Use props
Splither
lvl.1
Germany

Pixel 6 Pro with A13, same Problem! :/
Please send me a solution.
2022-8-9
Use props
boosted20v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190820 ft
United States

Same issue on the Pixel 6 (non-Pro). Running Android 12, build SQ3A.220705.004.

If someone from DJI support could send me the test version that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
2022-8-9
Use props
RogueJack
lvl.1
Italy

It's been more than 4 days now, tomorrow I need to use the drone. Is there any update on this? Where can the test app be found?
EDIT: Test app seem to have fixed the issue. I will do some test flights later
2022-8-10
Use props
vicarev
lvl.1
United States

Constant crash with Samsung S20+ running latest hardware. Anyone have the test apk link?
2022-8-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules