Target lost problem for people on horseback.
1002 11 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3330436 ft
South Korea

A person riding a horse in target mode (such as an active track, spotlight, POI) cannot keep targeting.
The rider is selected momentarily, but after about 1-2 seconds it is lost.
I repeated the selection of objects for roughly 30 minutes, but in the end I was not satisfied with the results.
It seems that the algorithm needs to be upgraded for users who want to record their own videos on horseback.
When I looked at the official video, it seemed to work well for people on motorbikes.
Please upgrade so that targeting works well even for people on horseback.

2022-8-6
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

How fast is that horse going?  I believe the Mini 3 Pro can only track objects at relatively slow speeds.
2022-8-6
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

Burstmode Posted at 8-6 12:19
How fast is that horse going?  I believe the Mini 3 Pro can only track objects at relatively slow speeds.

Targeting does not work well even in a standing state, and targeting disappears quickly even if it is targeted.
Targeting doesn't work well while riding a horse.
Even if it is targeted by recognizing the upper body of a person, it seems to lose targeting as it merges with the horse.

In conclusion, is it that a person riding a horse is not recognized as a human being?
2022-8-6
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lord ERiC Posted at 8-6 13:25
Targeting does not work well even in a standing state, and targeting disappears quickly even if it is targeted.
Targeting doesn't work well while riding a horse.
Even if it is targeted by recognizing the upper body of a person, it seems to lose targeting as it merges with the horse.

So do you think it will work with a "CENTAUR" ?
centaur.jpg
2022-8-6
Use props
zzjollygreenzz
lvl.1

United States

I tried active track on people standup paddling, kayaking, small catamarans, large catamarans.  I was pretty frustrated in all cases, just didn't seem to work well, lost tracking or lock or didn't recognize the object anymore so stopped tracking.  Maybe some of the weak signal/transmission issues played into this, but just felt meh about the active track feature.  Originally I though I would use it a bunch, now I don't think I would ever use it
2022-8-6
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-6 13:59
So do you think it will work with a "CENTAUR" ?

The Mini3 seems to think so.
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lord ERiC. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Just a friendly reminder that please don not use the DJI Mini 3 Pro's Quickshot function in any of the fallowing situations below. Thank you.

2022-8-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How about targetting the horse and not the rider?
2022-8-6
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

Bashy Posted at 8-6 20:30
How about targetting the horse and not the rider?

I chose not only the rider, but the horse and the rider as a whole.

2022-8-6
Use props
Lord ERiC
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 19:29
Hello there Lord ERiC. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Just a friendly reminder that please don not use the DJI Mini 3 Pro's Quickshot function in any of the fallowing situations below. Thank you.

[view_image]

I'll have to try again in a few days.
Thanks.
2022-8-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lord ERiC Posted at 8-6 20:57
I chose not only the rider, but the horse and the rider as a whole.

ok, good luck on ya next try
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lord ERiC Posted at 8-6 20:58
I'll have to try again in a few days.
Thanks.

Hi there Lord ERiC. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules