DJi fly v1.6.9 keeps crashing
1402 16 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crackwood
lvl.1
Canada

As some other posts, my DJI fly app crashed all the time now.  Yesterday evening I was flying it with no issues.  And today after taking a short trip to a new place to fly it taking shots, The app was crashing on start up. I did all the tech 101 possible. Delete cache, delete app and re install,  Reboot device and THEN reinstall it,  delete all folders in the phone from the app and re install it .. nothing works.  Even an older version does not work , tried v1.5.1

I re install the app on my older phone the S20 ultra and it does work ...

also would be nice to have a limit for videos and pictures more thant 1mb each .... common we are in 2022...
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Crackwood. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
Crackwood
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 19:32
Hello there Crackwood. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Oh sorry I did not included it ,  It is on the Pixel 6 pro.  android 12
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Crackwood Posted at 8-6 19:35
Oh sorry I did not included it ,  It is on the Pixel 6 pro.  android 12

Hi there Crackwood. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
fans68b42f14
lvl.1
Canada

I'm not an OP, but I already tried all this. I actually tried it on two different Pixel 6 devices. The app keeps crashing on start up.

You need to involve your R&D team to debug it, since it affects multiple users, just go check the forum
2022-8-6
Use props
djiuser_TjS5JN8Ho65M
New
Romania

I have the same issue with my Pixel 6 Pro. I received my first drone a week ago, I used the DJI Fly APK from the DJI website. It worked for two days, yesterday it stopped working. It just crashes on launch. I tried installing DJI Mimo, DJI Go, DJI Store and I get the same result. All apps are crashing on launch.

It seems like the issue appeared to all of us at the same time, maybe we received a Pixel 6 Pro overnight update that broke the DJI apps? It's really strange we all started having issues since 5-6th August.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_UksXF8ZxdZsA
lvl.1
France

Same issue with OnePlus 9 pro android 12 security 5 june 2022.

Dji Fly worked very well before.  Reinstalling does not change anything.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_TjS5JN8Ho65M
New
Romania

djiuser_UksXF8ZxdZsA Posted at 8-7 05:26
Same issue with OnePlus 9 pro android 12 security 5 june 2022.

Dji Fly worked very well before.  Reinstalling does not change anything.

Can you please install CX file Explorer, and go to Android/data? On my phone I can find all installed APK folders EXCEPT any of the DJI APK folders. Maybe the app doesn't install correctly?

If any of the development team could look at this thread, I already logged the phone when the apps are crashing, but I don't understand the logs very well. I wish there would be somebody who I could send the logs to. I am getting "fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2 (SEGV_ACCERR), fault addr 0x74b3673e35 in tid 12197 (com.tid.store), pid 12197 (com.dji.store)". The same error is shown for DJI Fly, DJI Mimo, DJI Go, DJI Store.
2022-8-7
Use props
DCTG
lvl.1

Israel

djiuser_TjS5JN8Ho65M Posted at 8-7 04:49
I have the same issue with my Pixel 6 Pro. I received my first drone a week ago, I used the DJI Fly APK from the DJI website. It worked for two days, yesterday it stopped working. It just crashes on launch. I tried installing DJI Mimo, DJI Go, DJI Store and I get the same result. All apps are crashing on launch.

It seems like the issue appeared to all of us at the same time, maybe we received a Pixel 6 Pro overnight update that broke the DJI apps? It's really strange we all started having issues since 5-6th August.

Same here! Pixel 6 pro, July 5th security update
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_TjS5JN8Ho65M
New
Romania

If anyone know more than me, the log looks the same to all DJI apps. It seems like the app is using some outdated API, probably the 6 PRO has been updated over the weekend.

08-07 16:40:48.941 W/dji.pilot(12252): Opening an oat file without a class loader. Are you using the deprecated DexFile APIs?
08-07 16:40:48.946 F/libc    (12252): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2 (SEGV_ACCERR), fault addr 0x74b3673e35 in tid 12252 (dji.pilot), pid 12252 (dji.pilot)
08-07 16:40:48.986 I/crash_dump64(12271): obtaining output fd from tombstoned, type: kDebuggerdTombstoneProto
08-07 16:40:48.986 I/tombstoned(  565): received crash request for pid 12252
08-07 16:40:48.986 I/crash_dump64(12271): performing dump of process 12252 (target tid = 12252)
08-07 16:40:48.990 E/DEBUG   (12271): failed to read /proc/uptime: Permission denied
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_TjS5JN8Ho65M
New
Romania

I contacted support, and they will escalate the issue and do an email follow up. They said it will be great if everyone having this issue contacts support so they have more reports on the issue. It takes only a couple of minutes, so guys, go on live chat and report the crashes.
2022-8-8
Use props
themouton
lvl.1
France

With test version, working on one plus 9 pro
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_B7TaO3AfGJ0n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163166 ft
United Kingdom

Test Version from DJI Natalia is working for me
2022-8-8
Use props
Crackwood
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_B7TaO3AfGJ0n Posted at 8-8 07:44
Test Version from DJI Natalia is working for me

What test version ? Can you link it please
2022-8-8
Use props
Crackwood
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 20:44
Hi there Crackwood. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Still same issue with that build.  I do have my old S20 ultra that is working for now,  I was about to sell it... guess I will keep it.  
2022-8-8
Use props
jorgem
New

Canada

Hello. I also have the same issue samsung galaxy s20 FE. The app wont open anymore. I did get a message saying that "bug detected please update the app" or something like that. I dont get anymore but I have the latest version install.

can someone tell what is the test version you are talking about?
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Crackwood Posted at 8-8 15:13
Still same issue with that build.  I do have my old S20 ultra that is working for now,  I was about to sell it... guess I will keep it.

Hi there Crackwood. Thank you for the reply and for these information. We have sent you a PM, kindly please check. Thank you.
2022-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules