DJI Mini 2 Controller Battery Issue
2814 14 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place but the battery in my controller will not charge.
I hadn't used it for a few months and was stored in the bag.
When I turned it on there was no lights and when I plugged it into the chatger, there is no reaction whatsover.
I also plugged my phone into it thinking the phone might spark the charge but still nothing is happenning.
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there khellio. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Mini 2 Remote Controller and you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-6
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Does the drone work (start) with the battery? If so, how many LEDs are lit on the drone when you push the power button?
2022-8-7
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Sometimes if a battery is DEEPLY discharged, it won't even wake up at all initially. Have you left it plugged in for at least 5 minutes? If not, you might try that. If you've already tried that, then you should contact DJI Support.

TCS
2022-8-7
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

Chaosrider Posted at 8-7 15:13
Sometimes if a battery is DEEPLY discharged, it won't even wake up at all initially. Have you left it plugged in for at least 5 minutes? If not, you might try that. If you've already tried that, then you should contact DJI Support.

TCS

I left it plugged in for 4 hours
2022-8-7
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

Johnny_J Posted at 8-7 05:23
Does the drone work (start) with the battery? If so, how many LEDs are lit on the drone when you push the power button?

The drone battery is fully charged. The app is telling me the drone is not connected to the controller.
2022-8-7
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

khellio Posted at 8-7 22:49
The drone battery is fully charged. The app is telling me the drone is not connected to the controller.

1. When you push the power button on the drone with the fully charged battery inserted, does the leds indicate the charging level?

2. When you switch on the drone, do the propellers vibrate shortly?
2022-8-8
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

khellio Posted at 8-7 22:47
I left it plugged in for 4 hours

Are both the charger and the cable that you're using True Blue DJI?

TCS
2022-8-8
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

Chaosrider Posted at 8-8 06:58
Are both the charger and the cable that you're using True Blue DJI?

TCS

I tried numerous different cables which all work on other devices and have been used before to charge both the drone batteries and the controller batteries.
I can only conclude that the controller batteries have reached the end of their usable life so have ordered new replacement batteries and will post the result when they arrive and have been tested.
2022-8-9
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 655171 ft
United States

khellio Posted at 8-9 00:41
I tried numerous different cables which all work on other devices and have been used before to charge both the drone batteries and the controller batteries.
I can only conclude that the controller batteries have reached the end of their usable life so have ordered new replacement batteries and will post the result when they arrive and have been tested.

If it were a drone battery or cable, it's pretty easy to isolate and swap components. Hopefully DJI will be able to help you get this resolved. Good luck!
2022-8-9
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

HighlandFoto Posted at 8-9 07:38
If it were a drone battery or cable, it's pretty easy to isolate and swap components. Hopefully DJI will be able to help you get this resolved. Good luck!

It would appear that DJI are only interested in making more money from existing customers rather than help them by providing replacement batteries for the controller.
Instead they want customers to send them the faulty units and charge them for repairs while changing batteries is a fairly simple procedure for most experienced RC enthusiasts.
I live in Thailand so sending them anything involves international shipping charges and possible import tax fees.
2022-8-9
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

khellio Posted at 8-9 15:00
It would appear that DJI are only interested in making more money from existing customers rather than help them by providing replacement batteries for the controller.
Instead they want customers to send them the faulty units and charge them for repairs while changing batteries is a fairly simple procedure for most experienced RC enthusiasts.
I live in Thailand so sending them anything involves international shipping charges and possible import tax fees.

This thread has additional information about the battery in the remote.

Type of Batteries in the Mini II Remote Controller
2022-8-9
Use props
khellio
lvl.2

Thailand

HighlandFoto Posted at 8-9 15:59
This thread has additional information about the battery in the remote.

Type of Batteries in the Mini II Remote Controller

Take a look at post #29 in this thread. https://forum.dji.com/thread-79581-1-1.html
I live in Thailand where I was able to order replacement batteries from this store.
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1427210799-s3685426630.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1
2022-8-9
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

khellio Posted at 8-9 17:05
Take a look at post #29 in this thread. https://forum.dji.com/thread-79581-1-1.html
I live in Thailand where I was able to order replacement batteries from this store.
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1427210799-s3685426630.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

It looks like that post is talking about a Phantom 3 controller, if I read it correctly.
2022-8-10
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

khellio Posted at 8-9 00:41
I can only conclude that the controller batteries have reached the end of their usable life so have ordered new replacement batteries and will post the result when they arrive and have been tested.

Li-Ion batteries tend to last a very long time...  I'd be extremely surprised if they have expired - unfortunately, I suspect something on the board has failed.

The cost of replacing the 2 batteries inside the controller makes you wonder if just getting a replacement controller would be a better investment?  Used controllers are often found on eBay...
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules