Mini 3 pro crash on first flight
1552 4 2022-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zhoh2hKlg8Dg
lvl.1
Croatia

Hello,

I tested my drone almost fresh out of the box, updated and Dji care activated - it flew rather nicely but wasn't really responding to forward/back commands. I was turning it slowly and testing the controls - I was really impressed... and then for some reason it lurched 2 meters to the left, flew into some tree branches. I really don't know how this happened, it was in cine mode and I was really just feathering the controls, and it just seemed to go straight for the tree in 2 seconds.

When it hit the tree it flipped, all motors started going in to ovedrive and smashed into the ground.

The motors were all in turbo mode while it was already on the ground, I jumped to it picked it up and kept it turned over as I've seen that this turns off some drones, but this one wasn't reacting, the propellers were spinning on full blast for 5-10 seconds until I managed to turn it off on the button which I couldn't see because I was holding it upside down.
3 out of 4 propellers are pretty scuffed, one pin/clip on the chassis (near the front top left sensor) has popped out and the gimball doesn't work anymore.
DJI Fly app says gimball stuck, even though it seems to be working fine to me - it can turn freely in all directions, but when it's powering on it wobbles, and it doesn't seem to be able to start working properly.
Camera is working just fine.

I'm so dissapointed with myself, the total flight time was 2 mins and now it's not working anymore

I'm on vacation in Croatia now and I'm wondering if there is a chance to get the fixed/replacement drone back while i'm still here (untill 22nd).
How does the DJI care work, do you first need to get the drone and check it to send a new one?
What could the best timeline be?
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini 3 Pro. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
mmmotion
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-7 00:05
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini 3 Pro. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Hello, thank you for the reply - so you're suggesting that I Contact the Online Customer Service??
2022-8-7
Use props
mmmotion
lvl.1
Croatia

Hello, thank you for the reply - so you're suggesting that I Contact the Online Customer Service??
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mmmotion Posted at 8-7 01:01
Hello, thank you for the reply - so you're suggesting that I Contact the Online Customer Service??

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the accident. May I ask where you purchase the drone? You can contact DJI Support through the link below to start a case and send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. But please note that it does not support a global warranty. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules