Active track not working
6081 9 2022-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VitaminM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203 ft
United States

Unless I really got a bad DJI Mini 3 pro drone, I mean the drone can fly. But I don't think if it just fly, it would warrant paying top dollar if it doesn't perform as expected.
I didn't like the transmission rate, seem to be hit and miss on how far it can go, usually only 2km and it show week signal but I need to test out more.
But the thing getting me is the Active track which they advertise a lot, took me a while but you draw a box and it become green around the subject. Default mode is Focus, but you suppose to just click the Active track and it should appear with the button Go and you can click it. It work like 1 times for me out of the rest of the time, it won't let me click the button. Am I suppose to press and hold the button? I try tap, press, delete box, and do it again, all it does is show me the tutorial video on how to do it.
Gps signal is good, but I feel like it missing something that prevent me to be able to track.
Can someone point me the correct way for active track to be working? All the youtube video doesn't show much, nor DJI tutorial, all it does is show how it work, not how to start it or diagnostic it.
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VitaminM. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application and kindly please check the DJI drone's firmware version and DJI Fly application version if is up to date. In addition, I will post some information below on the DJI Mini 3 Pro's  ActiveTrack 4.0 below. Thank you.

2022-8-7
Use props
VitaminM
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the information above, but does that mean that if the distance is more than 20 meter, it won't be able to do any tracking.
There is no warning on the DJI app, I got the RC remote with touch screen, and I just use my hand to make a box in the touch screen remote. I notice that it was working one time before the last update, but 20 meter doesn't seem too far and it doesn't really lock to subject or slow to lock in.
And I don't know where is the log kept if I needing to go back and see. I can see it when flying if something like motor error, sensor or altitude error, or is it just in a folder inside the storage in the remote?
Then I try to open the RC storage in computer, I can't read the log text file.Firmware:
Aircraft: 01.00.0201
RC: 01.01.0300
Flysafe Database: 01.00.01.27
Flysafe Database for Apps: 01.00.01.27
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_lf1J14kVkLKF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23219 ft
United States

Im in the same boat as you with exception that focus tracking nor spot light works and any distance . As soon as I attempt to activate these advertise features my RC freezes and loses connection with the  aircraft , which forces it to come back home. Not until it lands I gain back control of the video screen on the RC .
I had contact DJI support already and they asked me to send the RC only , after a week of being out for service I received it back with the same issue ,nothing was solved  . DJI support called me as for a follow up and they advise me just to wait for updates which is ridiculous after paying Over 1k for something that doesn’t work as advertised . I will contact support again and have them take my remote and aircraft at the same time , this isn’t acceptable in my eyes .  

-Ro
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_lf1J14kVkLKF
lvl.1
United States

VitaminM Posted at 8-8 00:15
Thanks for the information above, but does that mean that if the distance is more than 20 meter, it won't be able to do any tracking.
There is no warning on the DJI app, I got the RC remote with touch screen, and I just use my hand to make a box in the touch screen remote. I notice that it was working one time before the last update, but 20 meter doesn't seem too far and it doesn't really lock to subject or slow to lock in.
And I don't know where is the log kept if I needing to go back and see. I can see it when flying if something like motor error, sensor or altitude error, or is it just in a folder inside the storage in the remote?

Just an updated , I sent back my RC and aircraft to DJI support . They gave me a call back today and told me that the issue with freezing when activating tracking is due to a fault board  (hardware) . They are sending me a replacement .
2022-8-17
Use props
VitaminM
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_lf1J14kVkLKF Posted at 8-17 20:06
Just an updated , I sent back my RC and aircraft to DJI support . They gave me a call back today and told me that the issue with freezing when activating tracking is due to a fault board  (hardware) . They are sending me a replacement .

You gave them a call and they call you back for a replacement? Maybe mine is faulty too as it doesn't even registered tracking like it should.
2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_lf1J14kVkLKF
lvl.1
United States

VitaminM Posted at 8-17 21:02
You gave them a call and they call you back for a replacement? Maybe mine is faulty too as it doesn't even registered tracking like it should.
I chatted with them on there support chat , I told them everything that was happening . So the finally told me to send it in .
I would definitely send it for repair , you have the identical problem as I do . It’s not firmware related . Make a claim case on there repair page and send both RC and aircraft in . It’s gonna ask you to write what’s the issue and after that they’ll send ur a prepaid ups label . The repair Support is pretty fast on handling your case (at least the 2 times that Iv dealt with them ) .
6A80D827-B063-47C3-888B-566615CF2FB5.jpeg
D58CCEC1-EB01-457D-ADCF-852650A31E11.png
2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_lf1J14kVkLKF
lvl.1
United States

Updates : Got my drone and RC back , DJI replaced my RC and Aircraft . Everything works like it suppose to
2022-8-25
Use props
carlypoo
New

United States

Hi all! I just got a mini 3 pro and I have a question with regards to active track. How big should the object be for tracking? I tried it on my x-maxx and it doesn't seem to follow. I haven't tried it on myself yet but was disappointed that the drone just hover there on its place and did not move. My spark can do a better job at it, sadly its working very well now. One of the few reasons I bought the pro is because of the active track.
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_72aO4HCd338m
New
Pakistan

carlypoo Posted at 1-14 15:24
Hi all! I just got a mini 3 pro and I have a question with regards to active track. How big should the object be for tracking? I tried it on my x-maxx and it doesn't seem to follow. I haven't tried it on myself yet but was disappointed that the drone just hover there on its place and did not move. My spark can do a better job at it, sadly its working very well now. One of the few reasons I bought the pro is because of the active track.

same issue here it just hovers it doesn't move during active track
2023-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules