what the hack?

2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Diving from that altitude was exhilarating.  Most surprising was that it could free fall over 4200 meters and still recover properly.  

Glad they were able to obtain all the proper clearances and authorizations for this astonishing flight.
2022-8-7
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Crazy that is.  Probably lots up at those heights that could have been passing by.
2022-8-7
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-7 03:46
Diving from that altitude was exhilarating.  Most surprising was that it could free fall over 4200 meters and still recover properly.  

Glad they were able to obtain all the proper clearances and authorizations for this astonishing flight.

yes, im very curious what was the descending speed at the end of free fall
2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fateofangel Posted at 8-7 05:31
yes, im very curious what was the descending speed at the end of free fall

No idea.  But if I had to guess I'd say most probably faster than maximum published flying speed for the drone under its own power.
2022-8-7
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thanks for sharing...
2022-8-7
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-7 13:54
No idea.  But if I had to guess I'd say most probably faster than maximum published flying speed for the drone under its own power.

it would be very simple calculation but air resistance complicate this, never try to calculate something similar
2022-8-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That ix crazy.  
2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fateofangel Posted at 8-7 21:36
it would be very simple calculation but air resistance complicate this, never try to calculate something similar

2022-8-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 8-7 21:36

Method 1) Start a screen recorder then take timings and telemetry from the resulting video. Try it with your drone, of course there is a chance that the motors will not restart.
Quite a simple idea I thought.

Method 2) I think the DATs recorded by the FPV's goggle are readable, I am pretty sure mine were. "Were" because I haven't checked since the 'forced' update caused when I accidentally  left the phone's wifi on and connected the phone to the goggles in order to get those logs from the goggles. Checking a reable DAT is also a fairly simple idea.

I have, I think, both the screen recording and DAT,  but certainly the DAT, from a mid air, motor stop and restart, experiment that I did some time ago with a Phantom 3, a pretty strange thing for a "wydygani" to do, don't you think?
But then, I did this over the sea where there was no chance of a drone in free fall hitting someone or something belonging to some one.

Besides I have seen mention of somewhere between 14 to 18 m/s being a typical free fall speed for a drone, I can't be bothered to look up the log for you.
2022-8-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Highly illegal here in NL.
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now